“Your Sleep Number beds are worthless!”

Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South
Ranked #49 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I work for Sleep Number and will stay at hotels with SN beds and will pay more for it! Your bed is ancient, broken, worthless! I asked for compensation for 2 nights of lost sleep and got no satisfaction!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank jgstewart1109
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

On behalf of the hotel, we thank you for taking the time to review the facility. I apologize for the less than satisfactory stay. We are in the process of replacing the mattresses in the hotel, a few at a time. We have almost half the hotel done, and should soon have replaced all of them.
Thank you for the feedback, as it helps us fine tune operations at the hotel and offer better services to our guests.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is an older property which must have been really nice when new. The room was large and the bed comfortable, but most everything was just a little rough around the edges.
The TV was a 27" old style CRT set! Kind of quaint actually since we are so used to flat screens now.

The pool looked alright, but it is out in the open area and a bit dark. No hot tub.

Compared to other big name hotels in the area, this is a step behind. With that said, for the price paid it was reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

On behalf of everyone here at the hotel, we thank you for sharing your thoughts with fellow travelers. As of last week, we had about 20 rooms that did not flat screen TVS. We were in the process of upgrading all the TVs in hotel, few at a time. We are extremely happy to let you know that we now have flat screen TVs in the entire hotel. We just finished putting in the last ones, earlier this week.
Rest assured, next time you come, you would have a Flat Screen TV.
Thank you so much for your feedback, as it helps us fine tune operations at the hotel and offer better services to our guests.
We look forward to seeing you back again soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas area.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Made two reservations and the first one was lost and the hotel was oversold upon arrival. We were forced to find another hotel on short notice. The General Manager made that reservation and although she dropped the ball we never heard from her and only got her voice mail on our several attempts to contact her. The 2nd reservation we extended our stay an additional night. We did this three days prior to scheduled checkout. The day of our extended stay we were contacted and asked why we weren't checking out. They had no record of our reservation modification. My kids like it for the pool, but I ONLY stay there because my company has shuttle service from the hotel to our training center. The restaurant is SLOW so block out several hours for dinner. It's an experience I dread as I am there for three to five days every nine months.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 737FOAA
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

On behalf of the entire staff at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, I apologize for the mixup in the reservation. I am trying to gather more details in order to determine the exact situation. If you wish to share specifics, please feel free to call, and I would be more than happy to discuss the issue with you in person.
We will make every effort to see that this does not happen again.
Thank you very much for your invaluable feedback, as it helps us fine tune operations at the hotel and offer better services to our guests.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The manager was beyond rude and disrespectful. The pool was gross and the rooms were dated and not very clean. The gift shop was a joke selling dollar tree and Walgreen private label merchandise at higher prices,I wonder what those 2 companies would think. The WiFi was awful also. Stay elsewhere

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Joel R
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

An behalf of the entire staff here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, I apologize for the less than satisfactory stay.
We have been continuously receiving high scores and winning awards for our outstanding service and cleanliness of the hotel. In April this year, we moved to a dedicated Fiber Optic Internet, which is the latest and fastest internet there can be. We now have internet that is 10 times faster than what it used to be a little over two months ago.
Guest satisfaction is of great importance to us. Your feedback is extremely valuable and we will use it to fine tune operations at the hotel and offer better services to our guests.
Thank you.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel prior to a trip and parked my car there. When I returned, I waited one and 1/2 hours for the shuttle to pick me up. The shuttle driver was rude and did not even offer to help put my large heavy bags into my car when we got back to the hotel. As a result of lifting them, I injured my back. I would never stay at this hotel again. I asked to speak to a manager that day and was told no manager was on the property that day, which I do NOT believe for an instant. Just a horrible experience. Beware!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

On behalf of the entire stay at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, I apologize for the less than satisfactory experience with the shuttle. Your feedback is extremely valuable as it helps me identify problems and take action to make sure it does not happen again.
Guest satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, and we make a conscious effort to attain the highest level. DFW is one of the world's biggest and busiest airports (5 Terminals with 40 gates at each, so we are talking about 200 gates) and we understand how it is difficult for someone not familiar with the airport, to find the pick up spot. Commercial vehicles are only permitted to pick up at authorized pickup spots, and that often times causes delays.
We are constantly trying to find ways of improving our services and your comments and suggestions helps us tremendously in that endeavor.
Please accept our sincerest apologies again.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel was fine, the rooms were nice and the staff was accommodating. My issue is with the morning shuttle service to the airport. As a hotel that advertises itself for park and ride, the shuttle service is far from convenient since it only runs once an hour on the hour (at least in the morning). We had a 7am flight and wanted to be to the airport at 6am, which meant we had to catch the shuttle at 5am (it’s less than a 15 minute drive at that time of morning). Additionally, the shuttle is not that big – it’s actually a 10 person van. We were fortunate enough to show up early and get in line, but when the shuttle filled up, there was a woman behind us who was told that she would have to wait for the shuttle to return – not cool when you woke up at 4:30 to catch the 5am shuttle. It’s one of the few hotels that we could find that allows for more than one week parking, which is a good deal since DFW parking is nine dollars a day. The pickup wasn't bad -

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

On behalf of the entire staff here at the hotel, we thank you for taking the time to share your honest experience with fellow travelers. We are extremely happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We are thrilled to know that our staff took great care of you.
We take guest satisfaction very seriously and are constantly trying to improve the level of our services.
We truly appreciate you feedback as it helps us fine tune operations at the hotel and offer better services to our guests.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We pricelined this room and it was a good value. Rooms are spacious. They have sleep number beds. It appears to be an old Embassy Suites floor plan and the new Embassy Suites is next door. There is not a lot of decor to make it warm and homey, but it is clean spacious, and comfortable. There is a nice breakfast buffet for $10. At night it was hard to find the road entrance. It was very dark with no sign. My husband thought it was a dirt road the first we passed it in the dark. I was hesitant to stay in a hotel I was not familiar with, but would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you priceline check out their regular rates which are lower than others in their category before...