“Price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Colony, United States
“Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have stay at this hotel numerous times, the price and quality is what keep me coming back. Had a quiet time with my wife. We really enjoy the location of the hotel. Safe place to stay. We will be coming back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

hhgm, General Manager at HYATT House Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Floyd B,

Thank you for your great review. I'm glad that we can continue to provide great services for you and your wife. We strive to create a high quality hotel everyday.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Shreveport, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was the perfect place to stay for 2 families with small children in the same space. The kids enjoyed the pool and breakfast was wonderful! Beds were a bit hard and there werent enough pillows for king side beds.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Amanda B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm happy to see our hotel was a great fit for you and your family. We love the pool also, we also have a sports court for them to play on too. I'm sorry you didn't have enough pillows but, next time please don't hesitate to ask the front desk for any additional needs to make your stay better.

Modesto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had an overnight layover at DFW with a large family so we found this place with a two bedroom suite at a reasonable price. Staff was very friend & helpful for our short stay. Lots of places to eat just across the street the staff's recommendation for dinner was very good.

Con's no airport shuttle & its a $30 cab ride one way.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CND02,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that our staff provided a great recommendation for dinner. We a happy that you and your family had a great stay. We our fortunate to have 20 restaurants within walking distance of our hotel.

We hope to welcome you and your family back soon.
Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location to get to everything pretty quickly in D/FW. We stayed here for the Final Four and it was easy to get to Arlington, Downtown Dallas and we even ventured into Ft Worth one day to let my son visit TCU. Being in the middle of it all, you are not too far from anywhere, including the Nascar track.

While the hotel is not new, it is in good shape and the fact it is across the street from several restaurants and shops is a bonus. We walked to dinner every night and did not have to worry about driving, and they have all kinds of selections. upscale steakhouse to BBQ, to trendy burgers and tacos. There is a sports bar as well, although we never made it to that one.

Howard at the front desk was great when we checked in and made us feel at home all weekend. Kept us informed about the breakfasts (which were very good), and other activities. Would definitely stay here as we slept 4 people very comfortably and had a kitchen to keep our drinks and reheat leftovers!! Good solid hotel in Las Colinas

Room Tip: We stayed on top floor so we didn't hear any footsteps from above. Even though it was stairs to...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
RazorB,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great review of our hotel! I'm thrilled you and your family enjoyed your stay with at Hyatt House. Your correct, being in the middle of Dallas and Ft Worth does make our location ideal for close to all the action DFW has to offer. I have also passed your kind words on to Howard, he is amazing and strives to make each guests stay a great one.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!
Bartlett, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The experience was great.... The room was stylish and clean. I loved having eto rooms. One for my son (22) and my husband and myself. Especially having two bathrooms. The kitchenette was great, new appliances. The room was just like a small apartment. Will stay at Hyatt House in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

AVON66,

Thank you for wonderful review. I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you will stay with us in the future! Having two bathrooms is always a bonus when you stay with multiple people. Our suites provide a nice private sleeping area and a great common area for the family to spend time with each other.

Irving, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed here from 5/1/14 - 6/1/14. First 2 weeks had sister staying with me, no problems of personal items in room being bothered by housekeeping. After sister left on 5/14/14 and I went back to work, discovered my portfolio that i had put away under clothes in the dresser was missing. Had every document needed to do identity theft on me and access all of my bank accounts. Called Irving Police to report loss and was given a police report number (thank goodness!). Reported it to the front desk, was told never would our housekeeping do this. Then said if they do pick up things they put them in a plastic bag and return to front desk. So, they do take items!! Never did management contact me to at very least apologize. My portfolio did not just walk out of the room by itself!! My theory is housekeeping paid attention to my pattern of leaving and returning at the same time each day, knowing no one else would be in the room. Perfect opportunity to steal. Reported to General Manager....got an apology email...doesn't ease the fact i spent $2,852.00 and had my identity stolen. Staying at this hotel was a horrible, life altering experience. There are bugs in the furniture, loud guest that front desk staff just ignore. Stay someplace else would be my advice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I was very concerned to learn of the loss you sustained while staying at our hotel and apologize for this unfortunate occurrence. I was not notified until after your departure, since then I have contacted you to resolve this issue and take corrective action. I would like to clarify that our housekeeping staff returns items that are left in the room after check out. We would never remove personal items from an occupied room. We inspected the room once we learned about the problem and did not find any evidence of bugs in the furniture or bed. We have an existing contract with a third party that regular treats our rooms so we do not have problems like these. We did go ahead and treat the room you stayed in for safe measure. Please return my calls so we can work to correct this issue.

Thank you for your review and I hope to hear back from you.
Hobbs, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

truly enjoyed the stay .... room and kitchen very clean....breakfast had plenty of choice....all food delicious.....staff very friendly.....great location in north Dallas, and Grapevine Mills Outlet Mall.....and major freeways

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

hhgm, General Manager at HYATT House Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay.
We are extremely happy to hear the hotel and staff met your needs and made your stay comfortable. We are glad that you found are location convenient for your activities. I agree that our breakfast is delicious, I love our new omelet stations.