“A good place to stay”

HYATT House Dallas/Las Colinas
Ranked #6 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is my first Hyatt stay after deciding to give Hyatt Gold Passport a try after being a Marriott Elite.

I must say for a Category 1 hotel it's a decent place. I like the layout, very reminiscent of studio. The room was quite nice and well furnished. Bed was very comfortable (huge!!) and the actual desk+office chair for work was super nice. Especially with having a wired connection in room. The included pots and pans, dishes and silverware was nice. Featured a full kitchen. Only issue was I could not get the ice maker to produce ice. So I just threw some cups into the freezer to keep them chilled. No real biggie.

The front staff during check in was super nice. The lady was super detailed, alerting me to the H Bar in the evening and where the fitness area/pool etc was. She also handed me a little map indicating where you're room will be. The free parking was nice. Though can get a little hard to find a spot if it's a weekend. Especially if you're looking to check in... Only two + one handicap accessible "Guest Registration" parking spots.

Free Wi-Fi/Internet was another decent perk. Powered by AT&T. I managed to get roughly 6Mb/s down and 1Mb/s up.

Upon checkout (super early checkout), the overnight front desk lady was amazing. Spent maybe 15 minutes chatting with her. She was very friendly and super awesome. Definitely a good asset at this location.

Now for the cons.
1. The TV signal is quite horrid. Not sure what was wrong with it... It looked as if I was getting Over The Air channel quality. A lot of static.
2. Very large cracks along the doorway. Could see a lot of light bleeding on through.
3. Upon departure, outside my door there was a large cockroach on the balcony area. (This is why I was a little concerned about the large cracks along the door....!!!)
4. Shower head was nothing to write home about... Would like to see a more updated shower head. Didn't seem to be running optimally.
5. Just nitpicking... But the fuse panel box behind the TV in the bedroom was a little... A sight for sore eyes.

All things aside, it was a great stay and I can't wait to stay at more Hyatt locations. I highly recommend this place if you're in the Dallas/Irving/Las Colinas area.

Room Tip: Choose the king sized suite!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT House Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Matthew B,

I'm glad that we could provide you with a great stay. Tonya is a great addition to our staff and I'm glad that your check out was pleasant. Please let us know next time of any issues and will happily take care of them for you. We are scheduled for a renovations in early 2015 for primarily guest room bathrooms. Being an outdoor property we do spray for bugs regularly. Overall I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and found your bed and work space to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We've had multiple stays at the Hyatt House and have found it to be very comfortable and relaxing. The rooms are apartment-style rooms (2 bedrooms, kitchen area, living area) with all amenities and the property is extremely well maintained. The breakfast and evening foods served in the lobby/lounge area are above average, and with the pool, basketball courts, and exercise room, this place is a GREAT VALUE. I'd give it 5 stars except that I think it is an older property (although it is clean and very well maintained). If you want a lot of relaxing space and a great environment that doesn't feel like a hotel, this place is for you. A/C works awesome, too!!

Room Tip: Ask for first floor when making a reservation - no elevators on buildings.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

cmcdonald046,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm glad you found your stay comfortable and relaxing. Our staff works hard to keep our property maintained and looking beautiful. We also try to offer a wide array of amenities that will appeal to everyone that stays with us.

We hope to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is awesome if you need long-term accommodations or desire a roommate floor plan. It is WONDERFUL if you need a break from the kids. I have teenagers, so I really appreciated the doors. We booked a two room suite. Both rooms had their own bathrooms, which was AWESOME! One room had a King bed and there was a Queen (or double) in the other room. The living area had a sofa sleeper, a couch, table and chairs. The kitchen was fully stocked with pots, pans, and utensils. The was a television in each room and one the living room. It was really nice not to have to fight over control of the television or bathroom space! You get the whole "apartment-living" vibe from this property. I loved the room. It was definitely a comfortable stay. There is a pool and a basketball court on site as well. Breakfast was really good. They have made-to-order omelets. They were tiny, but it was still a plus. Please bring cash so you can tip! (If you choose to do so) I am a tea junkie, so I have an appreciation for their assortment of teas. The downside to breakfast was the lack of seating. It was very crowded. We had to snag a dirty table and take turns getting food so no one would take our spot. Also, the property is pretty large, so it might be a little bit of a walk to get to the front office for breakfast. When we stayed, it was raining pretty hard. We had to drive around and find a parking spot a bit closer. There was only one other negative about my stay. The front desk clerk was pretty unfriendly and nonchalant from my first contact with her until my last. She never smiled at check-in and my call with a billing error did not result in any friendlier service. Instead, I had to speak to another clerk who escalated my issue to management. (Thank you) The manager was very kind and accommodating. He had a great attitude and made sure that my issue was rectified. I would recommend this hotel for families awaiting permanent housing, families with children, and couples traveling together. It would be a good alternative to getting two separate rooms. There is enough privacy for both couples to be comfortable.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room downstairs near the office. It will make your breakfast journey a bit easier...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Butterfluki,

Thank you for your fantastic review. I appreciate all of the great things you had to say and I'm happy to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I love tea also, it is nice to have a wide variety of Tazo tea so you don't have to stay with just one type. I'm glad that management was able to assist you and I regret that your front desk experience was to your satisfaction, I have spoke to our front desk staff about this comment. Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Good all around long term hotel. The only ding I give the place is the layout. It is a remodeled apartment complex turned hotel. This allows for good rooms, but the distance (and stairs) to your room may be long.
Would definitely stay here again - especially for long term.
The beds are great! The kitchens are nice and the staff was pleasant.
...and a good price too!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bisbohemian
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT House Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

bisbohemian,

Thank your for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and will stay with us again.
We were originally built as a hotel but our campus style layout is reminiscent of an apartment complex. I agree with the full kitchen and separate living space our rooms are great for an extended stay. I'm pleased that you found our staff to be pleasant, they work hard everyday to make each guest feel at home.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The rooms were wonderful,very comfy beds, lots of room, NOT noisy, the breakfast had a great variety of hot and cold food, overall a very pleasant stay. I would recommend this hotel to everyone needing a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Cindy B

Cindy B,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm excited to read that you had a great stay with us. Our 18" deep Hyatt Grand mattress does make for a comfortable place to sleep. I'm glad that our breakfast was satisfactory. Next time you should try our evening H-bar. They have delicious appetizers and an amazing gourmet grilled cheese.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was very pleased with the quality of the rooms and found the pool and spa areas to be very pleasant and quiet. There are pleanty of nearby business and restuarants in a wide variety of tastes and budgets. The hotel parking was very convienent to my rooms. Overall, I had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Amanda C

Amanda C,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and liked the area surrounding the hotel. I'm glad that you found our complementary parking convenient and got to enjoy some of our amenities.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Hotel is just great just as its name..The Reception area id grand spacious and nicely designed..The Hotel rooms are bit small but well interior designed. We had complimentary breakfast & wifi was also good. We had booked a suite with kitchenette.. so the experience was just like a home. Every room has the balcony typed area so the view was great of the road from entrance. Staff was good. They provide the shuttle to n fro for airport. The Hotel is nearby the Dallas forth worth Airport. In all, had a great experience..would like to visit here again!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
hhgm, General Manager at HYATT House Dallas/Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

CharmiSavjani,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm glad that you both enjoyed your stay with us. I agree our spacious suites do provide a feeling of home. The separation of living space and the bed/bathroom help make our suites feel more like an apartment and less like a hotel room.