This is my first Hyatt stay after deciding to give Hyatt Gold Passport a try after being a Marriott Elite.
I must say for a Category 1 hotel it's a decent place. I like the layout, very reminiscent of studio. The room was quite nice and well furnished. Bed was very comfortable (huge!!) and the actual desk+office chair for work was super nice. Especially with having a wired connection in room. The included pots and pans, dishes and silverware was nice. Featured a full kitchen. Only issue was I could not get the ice maker to produce ice. So I just threw some cups into the freezer to keep them chilled. No real biggie.
The front staff during check in was super nice. The lady was super detailed, alerting me to the H Bar in the evening and where the fitness area/pool etc was. She also handed me a little map indicating where you're room will be. The free parking was nice. Though can get a little hard to find a spot if it's a weekend. Especially if you're looking to check in... Only two + one handicap accessible "Guest Registration" parking spots.
Free Wi-Fi/Internet was another decent perk. Powered by AT&T. I managed to get roughly 6Mb/s down and 1Mb/s up.
Upon checkout (super early checkout), the overnight front desk lady was amazing. Spent maybe 15 minutes chatting with her. She was very friendly and super awesome. Definitely a good asset at this location.
Now for the cons.
1. The TV signal is quite horrid. Not sure what was wrong with it... It looked as if I was getting Over The Air channel quality. A lot of static.
2. Very large cracks along the doorway. Could see a lot of light bleeding on through.
3. Upon departure, outside my door there was a large cockroach on the balcony area. (This is why I was a little concerned about the large cracks along the door....!!!)
4. Shower head was nothing to write home about... Would like to see a more updated shower head. Didn't seem to be running optimally.
5. Just nitpicking... But the fuse panel box behind the TV in the bedroom was a little... A sight for sore eyes.
All things aside, it was a great stay and I can't wait to stay at more Hyatt locations. I highly recommend this place if you're in the Dallas/Irving/Las Colinas area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business and leisure travelers alike will love HYATT house! Our all suite property features one and two bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, separate bedrooms and living room. A complimentary hot breakfast is available each morning along with a full bar and menu from 5pm-10pm daily. Our property also features an onsite fitness center, sports court, outdoor pool, laundry facilities, business center and complimentary Wi-Fi. We are located within walking distance of 10+ restaurant and a short drive to the Las Colinas Convention Center. At HYATT house you're not just a guest, you're a welcome resident. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your HYATT House Dallas/Las Colinas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Dallas/Las Colinas Hotel Irving
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Irving
- Summerfield Suites Irving
- Hyatt Irving
- Irving Summerfield Suites
- Irving Hyatt