“Embassy Suites”

Ranked #22 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Hurst, Texas
“Embassy Suites”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Our experience w/ Embassy Suites was great as always!!! The bell-hop guys were extremely courteous. We will def. be staying at this hotel with our next trip!! The only thing that would make our stay more pleasant would be if they had free wifi. Overall great place to stay!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
We are happy you enjoyed your stay. If you sign up for our HHonors program I will make sure your internet is free. Thank you for staying with us.

Steve Cadaret

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Kempner, Texas
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The free breakfast (made to order eggs) will ruin every other hotel chain's free breakfasts. The lobby and dining areas are absolutely beautiful. Rooms were a little "used"...but I know they are renovating them and I am sure mine had not yet been started.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Our breakfast is the best in the business. Thanks for the great review. We should be done with all guest rooms and the updated lobby area by December. We hope to see you back soon.

Mountain House, CA
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Obviously an older Embassy Suites hotel, I was informed when I checked in that the hotel was in the process of being renovated. The deskclerk assigned me on of the renovated rooms on the top floor. Upon going into my room, I found a large bee hive on the balcony and not knowing what kind of bees these were), I went down to ask for another room. After being assigned another room, a woman employee followed me up the elevator to see the bees in the room I had vacated; she said she was the person responsible for the redesigned rooms and asked me if everything was nice in the room I had saw; she said she asked because a few people had complained that they could not even tell the rooms had been renovated and were unhappy with their stays. I had no commnet at that time but after going into the second room I was assigned, I found the furniture, room decor, carpets, etc. mismatched with no common theme. All the work that I saw was very sloppy; I saw where new paint had landed on the carpet, I saw the worst wall-paper application in a hotel that I have aver seen (sloppily cut, loose paper in places, etc.); I saw od yellowing electrical plates and fixtures, crusty plumbing, new tile in the restroom that was chipped most likely when ity was installed, the ceiling light adjustment swith was broken off from the fixture, the showerhead was not seated tight, door hardware was old, worn/scratched up and nasty and paint job in the rooms appears to have been done with little attention to detail. What a waste of money; what is probably a million dollar renovation and my perception was nothing but an old nasty room with a terrible new paint smell from which there was no escape. Spoke to a manager when I was there; he was indifferent - just said to review it after my stay. Funny thing is that when ever a Hilton property has a problem where they know bad review are going to be received, the survey e-mail for that hotel is never received. Bottom Line: Worst Hilton Embassy Suites I've ever had the misfortune of a stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian Y
OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of amenities and services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and your review helps us to do so. We are not finished with the guest rooms including the room you were assigned. We are still replacing the vanity sink, bar sink, adding marble thresholds and during this time we are touching up each room to look perfect.

I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a more complete experience.
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Stay at this hotel when in Dallas/FTW area. Consistently strong: Staff is knowledgeable, courtesy and efficient at check in. Hotel is near the airport and offers shuttle service for late/early trips where taking the rental car back the night before reduces hassle getting to the airport. While this is an older Embassy, its well maintained. And, of course, the Embassy breakfast is consistently oustanding.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for the nice review. We are happy you enjoyed the breakfast and the staff was attentive to your needs. See you next trip.

North Salt Lake, Utah
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I would like to just write and tell you how grateful my family and I are towards your staff, especially your front desk manager Rick. He graciously helped us with a warm smile and a friendly attitude. He worked his magic to accomodate our family due to last minute mis-haps on my part. I absolutely love the shuttle service, house-keeping, and bfast staff....amazing! Besides TX being just a super friendly state, I have to give 100% customer service to this hotel. Love every single staff that works here. Rooms are clean, pool is clean, atmosphere relaxing. LOVE IT! Thank you Embassy Suites DFW Airport South-Irving. #happy customer #staying here always

Room Tip: corner rooms best if you want more privacy ....
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for kind response. We are happy to hear your family enjoyed their stay. Rick leads by example and I know that is a huge part of our success in providing great service in all departments. We will do something nice to recognize him for his consistent hospitality.
We hope to see you again soon.

Belton, Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Great hotel. Super location, great pool and hot tub with an excellent breakfast. You just can't beat it. You can get to all the attractions in Arlington in only ten minutes. The breakfast service was awesome. Everyone at this hotel went above and beyond in trying to please. We had forgot our fan and they happily brought one to our room. The rooms had recently been remodeled therefore it was super clean. The teens said the sofa sleeper was comfortable which is unusal. We missed the complimentary drinks because of a late arrival but definetely felt like we got a deal.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for responding. We are happy to hear the family enjoyed their stay. Be sure to come earlier next time since happy hour is one of our guest favorites (complimentary soft drinks, beer, wine, and mixed drinks). We hope to see you back soon.

San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I found the hotel to be just awesome. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I inquired about directions to Cowboys Stadium and the clerk was very helpful. The room was immaculate and very nice. The air conditioner worked great. The made to order breakfast and buffet was great. I understand there was some construction going on, on a different floor; however, I did not hear any noise and there was very little noise from the incoming/departing planes. My stay at this hotel was extremely enjoyable.

1 Thank Pamela S
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit. Go Cowboys!