“Standard accomodations for this chain.”

Comfort Inn DFW North / Irving
Ranked #44 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We used the hotel for sleep, park and fly. I wish the shuttle service for early morning flights could have ran on the half hour rather than the hour. Room rate was more than others in the area but I wanted hotel points so picked this chain. Hotel was average for the chain. Rooms were clean and beds were comfy. Mini fridge and microwave was a plus but we didn't need them for this trip. Something I found strange, none of the towels matched, not even the ones that were the same size. (Not important but just an observation.) A major plus was the divided living room area from the sleeping area. If someone wanted to stay up and watch TV they could do it without disturbing those wanting to sleep. The only negative thing was the thermostat didn't adjust to temps we wanted. The room was warm and wouldn't cool off. Can't imagine it being comfortable in the summer months.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 October 2013

It was a spur of the moment trip and we booked online an hour before arriving. The room was ready for us and it was exactly what I requested. This hotel has everything I look for in a hotel when traveling. Great location, comfortable queen beds, fridge, microwave spacious bathroom, flat screen tv, pool, whirlpool, business center, free parking, free airport shuttle, hot breakfast, laundry on site, etc. I was impressed with the great customer, friendly staff and just overall southern hospitality. The front desk staff was very helpful in offering food options, as we arrived kind late in the evening. There is a Whataburger about a quarter mile away and it is open 24/7. The hotel is close to the airport and next to a major highway/freeway. I did not hear a single thing/noise, although my room was facing the highway and the air conditioner was not on (so it was not that it blocked out the any noise). I had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We just had an overnight at this hotel, but found it to be very nice. The staff was excellent and the van driver offered to take us to a nearby restaurant (Denny's is not far and was perfect for what we were looking for). We called when we were finished eating and he was there before we paid our bill. Granted, it was a slow night or we probably would not have been able to get the shuttle based on other reviews here. The breakfast was great and we had a great night's sleep and wake-up call for an early flight. No problem with getting the shuttle when needed. I didn't rate this hotel "excellent" because of the lack of food within walking distance other than the burger joint.

Room Tip: We were on first floor, quick access for just an overnight and it was very quiet, although I don'...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beneman3
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is about as close as you can get to the airport other than the expensive places in the airport itself. Virtually every budget motel is located here. This one is just a few dollars more than some of the others in this area, but we felt it was worth the price. Good size room with fridge and microwave. Efficient desk operation and reliable, comfortable shuttle to the airport. No problem with airport, freeway or other noise sources. Breakfast was decent, if basic, but included eggs and sausage. Other meals are a problem without a car since there is nothing within walking distance. Pizza delivery available.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed here for business in July 2013. The hotel is pretty nice. It is close to the DFW airport. The staff is great, no problems answering any questions I had. The airport van is reliable and easy to identify. The only reason I did not rate it excellent is I could hear footsteps above my room or in the hall in the middle of the night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My family and I booked this hotel on July 4th because it advertised they took you to and from the DFW Airport with a shuttle bus. When we checked in we were told there were already 3 people scheduled for the 5:00 shuttle and the van only holds 5. Since we had needed 4 people, they could not help us. (It was an early flight, the next shuttle would have missed the plane.) So, we had to pay $40 for a cab. On our return flight, when we arrived and called this hotel, we were told their were four trips of folks waiting ahead of us. This would take over an hour and we might want to consider taking a cab. So, $40 more dollars to get back to the hotel. On top of a room, that had a stuck stopper in the bathroom sink, filthy bathroom floor, etc... I will not go back to this hotel ever again! So, if you are needing a shuttle, I would get a different hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Have stayed here several times and the Inn appears to be going a little downhill. The last 2 rooms I stayed in did not have toilet seat lids and there has been mold in the shower area. The desk people are great and transportation to local dining is available. Snacks are available on Tues & Wed evenings as well as hot breakfasts.

Room Tip: Hotel offers ground transportation to local dining and meetings
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business