“A surprising find”

Description: Pizzeria Napoletana
Los Alamos, New Mexico, United States
“A surprising find”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were saddled with an unexpected overnight in the DFW airport area and happened upon Cavalli's after getting checked in a nearby hotel. We had a pizza and a salad and were extremely satisfied. Super quick service and delicious food. The wood-fired pizza is a very thin crust with quality topping ingredients. The salad had fresh vegetables and was plenty large for a satisfying meal on its own.
The idea of a BYOB pizza place is cool and had we had our own drinks, we would have brought them. Instead, we purchased sodas. But the cashier did suggest there are two nearby options for purchasing beer/wine so we could have done that to really complete the meal.
Very friendly staff too!

Deux-Montagnes, Canada
“The Best Pizza in Irving, Texas”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I went there with my two good friends for dinner for the first time on Saturday.

Cavalli is definitely the BEST pizza I have tasted so far in Texas.

900 degrees Fahrenheit wood fired oven! Do I need to say anything else?

And it is a BYOB place! Yeah!

Great food, great staff, great prices and and a fun place to have a great pizza dinner with the people you LUV.

And don't forget their really good fries! You can't have pizza without fries from where I come from.

It was our first time, we WILL be back!

You are in the Las Colinas area, make sure you stop by Cavalli Pizza, you won't regret it!

2 Thank Yvan G
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Pizza, casual atmosphere”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Cavalli's in Irving, TX is a great find, thanks to a friend of mine from the area. It is a smallish restaurant in a shopping center at I-635 and Belt Line Road (behind the McDonald's). The owner is from Naples, Italy and the food is authentic Italian, featuring wood fired pizza. We shared a large salad and small pizza for dinner and it was plenty for both of us. Order at the counter and then pick your seat. They bring the food out to you with "real" plates and utensils. The salad was good (a bit too much onion for my taste), but the pizza was excellent.

2 Thank Tim C
Southlake, Texas
“Death by salty pizza”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Reviewed this in January, it was great then, I had the white chicken pizza. But returned and found I was served the saltiest food item I have ever eaten, the 3 meat pizza. Ate most of it, but it swelled me up, could not finish. I thought it was pretty pricey ($13.25 plus tax) for an individual pizza, but ordered it up. It had ham, bacon and sopressata (a salami). When I told the manager it was salty, he said it was my fault for ordering it, as those are all salty meats. He actually remembered my compliment from my last visit and even what I ordered. Was surprised I got this attitude of it is my fault instead of some type apology. True, these are generally salty meats... but cheaper bacon and ham are always very salty, same with salami. So my conclusion is they use cheap quality meats. I've had plenty of other meat pizzas not this super-salty. So I will reward them with non-attendance in the future.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Geo H
“Meh”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Overpriced, burnt pizza...I don't get it. How is this place the best in this area? Granted the pizza was quickly delivered to the table after ordering.

Been to Cavalli Pizza? Share your experiences!