NYLO Irving / Las Colinas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
All reviewsloft stylecool hotelindustrial feelfront deskrain showerunique hotelpool areaawesome hotelbed was very comfortablelas colinasbusiness tripdallas areabusiness hotelconcretehiploftswarehouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was going to write this review about the poor room design that kept the AC from circulating air in the room and the uncomfortable stay that caused.......... until the hotel sent us an email survey. I told them about how hot our room was and the lack of concern when we called the front desk for a resolution. I gave them details about general cleanliness issues we saw and about how housekeeping entered our room TWICE without knocking while we were there. I was hoping they would take my complaints to heart so that changes could be made to make future guests enjoy their stay. I was wrong. I got a canned response. Basically, let us know if you are in the area again we will try to do better. While I appreciate the acknowledgement, the hollow promise of future change will not make me stay here again. We aren't in the Dallas area often enough anyway.
The Nylo has a long way to go to meet the image they are trying to portray. The hotel design and amenities on the surface look hip and modern. In reality it is a dressed up Motel 6. The rooms are unbearably hot- the beds are blocking any air movement. They have designer mattresses but use industrial, rough sheeting. Housekeeping does not detail the rooms. Our room had a used coffee pod in the machine, slime mold in the faucet and a stained shower curtain. Worst of all, management gives a hollow promise of future improvement when notified of your dissatisfaction.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pamela R
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

We certainly want to stress how very much we care about our guests’ experiences – both positive and negative. We take it upon ourselves to reach out to all guests who have voiced concern about their stay. I can assure you that we take your comments, both here and on our survey, extremely seriously. Upon reading your survey, our Chief Engineer investigated the air conditioning in the guestroom, and our Director of Housekeeping addressed her team in regards to entering guestrooms and cleanliness items. We do indeed take your comments to heart and want you to know that we committed to providing the best experience possible and work hard to continually improve.

NYLO Las Colinas was recently awarded Tripadvisor’s Certificate of Excellence – it is something we are proud to be awarded and we will continue to do whatever is necessary to ensure all of our guests thoroughly enjoy their NYLO experience.

We cannot apologize enough for not reaching your expectations. We will continue to attempt to reach you both via phone and via e-mail to speak with you directly. Please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed at NYLO for only one night during a business trip to Dallas. It was such a beautiful space- loved the brick walls and design, overall layout of room was brilliant. Very energy efficient- the lights were on motion sensors in the room. Although I didn't get to swim in the pool, I did use the area to sit and have some drinks in the evening. I actually had a catered dinner in the outside bar area with my employees that evening. The food was delish! The staff upon arriving was very helpful, and the staff I encountered during dinner and that evening at the bar were very professional. I wish I had stayed longer! THANKS NYLO!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you so much for spending your business trip evening here with us. It is certainly our pleasure to offer a unique loft-style boutique alternative to the cookie-cutter hotel. And we are proud to be energy efficient with our keycard-access in-room lights, building construction which provides excellent insulation, and all of our electricity is generated from renewable sources. We’re extremely happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your NYLO experience, and thank you so much for your kudos to our excellent staff of dedicated professionals ready to ensure our guests have the best experience possible. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had a girl's weekend while attending the George Strait Concert and had a blast. Staff was very friendly. Pool Bar Beverages and Menu was excellent! We ordered a couple of sandwiches and salads which were great! We'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

We’re extremely pleased that you ladies enjoyed George Strait’s farewell concert, and that NYLO Las Colinas was part of your memorable weekend. Thank you so much for taking advantage of our beautiful outdoor courtyard and pool, which feature our outdoor pool bar open on the weekend during the summer months, foosball table, sun beds, cabanas, and firepit. Come back and see us any time!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Boutique hotel with facilities for the business traveller. The rooms are comfortable, bathroom contains everything you'd need and noise isolation is good because the walls and floor/ceiling are concrete (exposed). It works well enough.

The rooms adjacent to the elevator shaft though will suffer from noise bleed. In my room (218), I could hear the transit as well as a strange electronic beep that accompanied each operation of the elevator. I can sleep through that but some people can't. Ask for a different room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

We thank you for staying with us. We certainly strive to provide everything you need in your room, from our signature NYLO NYTE bed, rainfall shower, plush towels, complimentary bottled water and Keurig coffee, and our PURE bath amenities, exclusively designed for NYLO.

And we certainly want to do everything possible to ensure all of our guests have a great night’s sleep. Should something be bothering you during the night, or truly anytime during your stay, please let us know and we will do everything possible to solve the problem.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised by the unique but comfortable environment for the conference I attended. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The room was comfortable and the bed was great. The music at the hotel bar was a little loud but did not continue too late. The food service for the meeting--breakfast, snacks, and lunch were delicious and plentiful--easily one of the best food experiences I have encountered at a conference. The staff seemed to go out of their way to be friendly and welcoming. Great job on customer service. I was sorry my stay was only for one night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We truly appreciate your staying with us, and for taking a moment to post a rave review about us. NYLO Las Colinas is ready for any of your meeting needs. We feature four well-appointed boardrooms of varying sizes, equipped with LCD televisions for presentations, as well as our Manhattan Ballroom to host your next big party. Our culinary team is ready to cater to your cravings, and our banquets team will be close by to provide you with the best service possible. We’re sorry you were only here for the one night as well – please come back and see us whenever you can.