“To person who likes loft style”

NYLO Irving / Las Colinas
Ranked #8 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Oulu, Finland
“To person who likes loft style”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel is pretty new very modern hotel in Irving. Hotel great for person who loves loft style but place was too loft for me. Why I still stayed in the hotel was the fact, it was so brand new and different where I have never been before. The most valuable to me was huge nice bed with high quality thick bed linens in the rooms. This was business trip and therefore High speed free LAN was forth of staying.

Normally in Usa hotel rooms are huge but in this hotel rooms are only big. This was first disappointment beside rooms didn't have fridze or minibar at all. i had one per request from friendly stuff. Room was quite dark, bathroom simple loft style room without any special.

Breakfast was too simple. I would have preferred boiled eggs, omelet's, bacon and prober fast toast. Breakfast was also too pricy not inclused to room price.

Hotel has very good loft style gym. It is big and air condition is working.

Hotel guidance says, it has two pool but I wouldn't say two as other one was very small. Pool area itself is still the best part of the hotel. I mean it is comfortable.

Hotel has free and big parking place. I would recommend own or rental car in Dallas and especially in Irving. The distance Between shops and hotel are long but it is easy to drive in Dallas.

The nearest shops are to left side of Mac Arthur blvrd. I would highly recommend Kohl, Very much TJ Max, Dress for less, food stores Walmart, Target and high qualty food market even to lonely travellers, Kroger. I mean in there, you can find smaller packages of food and better healthy food selection. All of these shops are at the same direction and are easy to find and if necessarry, those can be reached by walk from hotel. If you have time to visit bigger malls, I would recommend Grape vine Mall or Vista Ridge Mall. Both malls within 15 kilometers from hotel. Grape vine is my number one Mall in all Dallas area.

Of course there is hundreds of good restaurants around the hotel but I highly recommend try even once in and out hamburger restaurant near the hotel. Secret codes to have protein style hmburger and animal style fries with cheese and onion cover can be founded frm their web site. I normally do not like fast food, hamburgers or fries but this place is really the best in the world. Prices are also low to nothing. Try also other hamburger place toward in an out other side of the street. Restaurant is called Five Guyes. It looses to In and Out only because of prices are higher but taste is great.

So to say this hotel has 4 stars from me also because of quite good location near to shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: All rooms are similar
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
We are extremely honored that you chose to stay with us here at NYLO Las Colinas on your travels from your native Finland.

NYLO is certainly designed with the business traveler in mind. We offer complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel, free domestic phone calls, and a complimentary business center and business services, to keep you going even after you leave the office. And after you've put the laptop away, enjoy our rainfall shower, and doze off in our signature NYLO NYTE bed.

And our location is also hard to beat. NYLO Las Colinas is within walking distance of restaurants and eateries with a variety of cuisine - from Asian fusion to a Mediterranean buffet, and even In-N-Out. We are also within a quick drive to some of the best shopping in the area, including Grapevine Mills, the Grand Prairie Premium Outlets, and the Galleria Dallas.
Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to you next trip to Las Colinas.

Best Regards,
Caleb DuBose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Killeen
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone! My husband and I stayed just last week and we couldn't have been happier with our stay. Grace Nungesser and Beverly Ensslen made us feel more than welcome by sending up a Teddy Bear for a the baby girl we are expecting this December with cookies and milk, along with a hand written note saying congratulations. The room service was great at cleaning our room, and the breakfast at the Loft was amazing! (They also sent up complimentary breakfast cards) along with an amenity plate every night with snacks. I felt on top of the world staying here!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for your rave review of your stay at NYLO Las Colinas! And thank you for your kudos to Grace and Beverly on our Sales Team.
It was our pleasure to help celebrate your wonderful occasion. Congratulations on your soon-to-be-here little girl. We hope that all three of you will come stay with us again soon.
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The website has a great deal of photos of the hotel itself so I won't focus on those details. My wife and I stayed at the Plano NYLO so I knew what to expect there. We stayed two nights, liked the design, the poolside bar area and restaurant as there was plenty of seating, lounge chairs, etc. The location is great because there are several nearby restaurants to safely walk to and plenty of shopping within a short drive. We did not interact much with the staff but when we did, they were mostly helpful. Even though our room overlooked the pool area, the sounds from there and the bar were not bothersome MOST of the time.
There were, however, a number of things that disappointed us about this visit. Some were minor, a few were major:
1 - A ton of NOISE. The door to the room is mostly useless. You hear everything in the hallway. You can hear people walking and talking all the way down the hallway, past your room and to the other end of the hallway until they get to their room.
2 - Also noise related: the door to our room (and it sounded like every other room) won't close unless you slam it. If you let it fall closed, it stops at the door jam and you either have to put your weight into it to push it closed or you have to pull it back and slam it closed. I'm assuming all the doors on the second floor are this way because if we didn't hear the talking in the hallway as people went to/from their rooms, we certainly heard the doors.
3 - One more noise related: I believe the mechanism running the elevators was directly under our room as you could hear it running every time the elevator moved. So for most of the stay, there were electronic rumblings throughout the day and late into the night.
4 - The cleaning staff ignored our do-not-disturb sign and went into the room to clean while we were downstairs at breakfast. We didn't want them in there until we had organized things and put our electronics away.
5 - To get to the pool, you must walk through the restaurant. To make matters worse, once you get to the pool, you find out that the towels are not kept by the pool where it would make the most sense, but instead at the front desk. So you wander back through the restaurant, past the elevators to the lobby and get towels, then go back to the pool.
6 - They don't enforce the handicapped parking. Several cars had no tags or placards and were parked in the handicapped parking on Friday and Saturday night.
7 - I suspect because of a promotion on Groupon or Living Social, the crowd at this hotel was different than what we've seen at the NYLO in Plano. There were a lot more young kids and teens that we expected. This was very noticeable when they were yelling and screaming late into the night (past the pool closing time) and around 7:30am Sunday. These same kids can be heard running through the hallways and yelling after they left the pool Saturday. It's worth noting that we believe this to be an adult hotel. The room style, the restaurant menu, etc. all point to this being a place for couples and singles to relax and have a good time. It's not a Holiday Inn or an Embassy Suites where you expect kids.

In conclusion, what kept this from being an overall unpleasant stay was the location. We regularly stay at Dallas area hotels either for short staycations or if we have an event to attend downtown. IF we consider staying here again, we'll likely ask for a room on a higher floor and in the corner to see if that helps with some of the noise.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor. I would suggest further up and towards a corner.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you so much for continuing to be a loyal NYLO guest and for taking the time to provide us with your honest feedback.
We certainly apologize for any noise issues you experienced. If in case you experience any noise issues from other guests, please feel free to call and let the front desk team know. We have staff available to address such issues 24 hours a day, and have off-duty Irving police officers on-site on Friday and Saturday evenings to also help address any such concerns. Our off-duty officer can also address any non-permitted usage of our handicap parking spaces.
We also appreciate your feedback for our Housekeeping Team - we will make sure this is addressed by our Director of Housekeeping.
Again, we truly appreciate this information and we take it to heart. We strive to make continual improvements and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My stay at the NYLO Dallas Las Colinas was stellar. The customer service was top notch as well as the design. My room was amazing: polished concrete walls and floors, large glass shower (great water pressure), excellent lightening, well designed furniture and a large bed with wonderful sheets. But most of all the room was PEACEFUL: quiet, calming after a long days work.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us here at NYLO Las Colinas. We truly appreciate your kudos to our stellar team of associates here and our truly unique hotel experience. NYLO is here to offer excellent guest service coupled with fun and comfortable amenities, from our signature NYLO NYTE beds and rainfall showers, to our delicious LOFT Restaurant cuisine and relaxing pool and courtyard.
We look forward to your next trip to Irving.
Chicago
Reviewed 30 July 2014

It's a certain comfortable feel you get during your stay at NYLO. The Rooms and hotel are very sleek, staff is very friendly and professional. The rooms were clean, and my room also had a ceiling to floor window. The admisphere was incredible, 5 star quality.

• Stayed July 2014
We truly appreciate your staying with us here at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas; we're pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed yourself. And we're glad you took advantage of one of our Glass Loft King rooms. For a nominal cost, our Glass Loft King rooms are approximately 30 sqft larger than our traditional Loft King rooms, and offer a floor to ceiling (and wall-to-wall) full glass window to take full advantage of the morning sun after a good night's sleep. We hope to see you again soon.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I travel a lot on business and this experience was different. The architectural design of the hotel, the decoration and specially the lofty look of the bedrooms made the experience unique. I felt like i was staying in a loft in Soho, NY or Chicago. The bar/rest/ and pool area were inviting and neat....great experience if you are used to staying at other more business like hotels. There is no other place I will stay in Dallas...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us here at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas. We're flattered to now be your exclusive hotel here in the Dallas area!
NYLO is here to offer a truly unique loft-style hotel experience - from our loft style designs and influences throughout the hotel, to our fun yet professional team, and our plethora of amenities, including our expansive outdoor pool and courtyard. And we certainly don't nickel and dime here at NYLO - we offer complimentary WiFi, bottled water upon arrival, business center, fitness center, and even domestic local and long-distance phone calls. We look forward to your next trip to the Dallas area.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Just had a group of 10 people stay there for the week and everyone has nothing but positive things to say about this property. We wanted to stay closer to DFW and to where we were working (which was a few miles east) and didn't want to stay in a bad neighborhood. The NYLO in Las Colinas was perfect. There were plenty of nearby amenities for people to go and do on their own, but we found that most everyone stay at the property as the bar was perfect for grabbing a drink and unwinding after we got back from working. The food at the restaurant was lovely and priced right.

The rooms themselves we definitely comfortable in size. (reading some past reviews I was originally concerned about closet space, but as being someone who travels a lot, I have to unpack my suitcase as soon as I enter my room, just so I feel more at home, v.s living out of the suitcase while i'm there, everything fit nicely in the dedicated space). The desk/work area had everything you needed (easy access outlets, USB plugs, comfty work chair, large work desk). The bathroom had an amazing rain shower, and you had plenty of space in the bathroom itself. The beds were very comfy making for a great night's sleep.

I'm looking forward to my next trip there. Well done NYLO Las Colinas!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
While there are certainly restaurants and other attractions here in the Las Colinas area, why leave the comforts of the NYLO when everything you need is here? Looking for some delicious cuisine and drinks - step into the LOFT Restaurant, where our culinary team offers the most delectable American cuisine in the area, served in our hip and cool dining room. And we have just the amenities to help you relax after a long day of work - from a jog in our 24-hour fitness center to sweat off the day, to a dip in our year-round heated pool or hot tub to relax the night away. And end the night in our signature NYLO NYTE™ pillow-top beds to be ready for the next day.
We look forward to your next trip with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
HYATT House Dallas/Las Colinas
NYLO Dallas South Side
NYLO Dallas South Side
#45 of 203 in Dallas
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Wingate By Wyndham Dallas / Las Colinas

Been to NYLO Irving / Las Colinas? Share your experiences!