“Unbeatable value, great location, nice room.”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St.
Ranked #66 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Chicago, Illinois
“Unbeatable value, great location, nice room.”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Most extended stay hotels are hit or miss - this property is a hit. First, there are no bad locations in the Las Colinas area - so go ahead and bid a star level lower on Priceline. This hotel was listed as a 2* on Priceline, I would rate it as a 3* on the Priceline scale. My winning bid was $24/night ($14+$10 bonus cash). Room was smallish - queen bed with kitchenette (half range, medium size fridge, microwave, sink) packed into a normal size hotel room. Bed was more firm than I prefer, but not uncomfortable. Staff was excellent - friendly and helpful. Only complaint I can think of is the noise around 6-8pm, when cars are pulling back into the parking area. The rooms have outside doors and the property is set up into several corridors where cars park - diesel engine trucks really rumble through the lot.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry you were disturbed by the outdoor noise of cars coming and going during the evening hours. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. Feel free to contact us at lco@extendedstay.com should you have any questions.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Upon check in I was greeted with a friendly caring staff member named Lashonda who made sure I was happy and in a clean , furnished room... All staff members are friendly and answered any questions or concerns I had... No comments about this location .. It's in a clean , staff area ... Would definely recommend this place...

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank neciebo
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, 24 November 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you felt safe and had a welcoming experience from Lashanda. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. If we can be of further assistance feel free to contact us at lco@extendedstay.com.
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Homestead Studios are the smallest of a chain of extended stay properties. This unit was clean, came with kitchenette with stove, frig and microwave all packed into an average sized motel room. It worked out fine for me on an overnight business trip except that the bed was very firm and not very comfortable. If you are looking for the accommodations of a hotel you will be disappointed, if you are looking for a very small apartment for more than a day this may work for you.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you found our property clean. I apologize that the bed accommodations were not to your comfort. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Let me know if you need anything else by contacting me at lco@extendedstay.com.
chicago
Reviewed 24 May 2012

If you care for uncleaned sheets and bed bugs go ahead. I left at 1 a.m. to get another room at other hotel. Wow bad front desk people and worst experience ever.

Room Tip: Try to get a non smoking room without the bed bugs.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank exptChicago
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, 12 July 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Navarre,FL
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by how neat and clean this 2 star property is---no frills but has the basics and is in a safe area. The staff were very helpful and kind.My only complaint is that the room smelled strongly of mothballs even after I removed them from the dresser.I booked the room on hotwire for a ridiculously low price so didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised.Will stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank FlaglerCollegeMom
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Dallas - Las Colinas. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This facility left me feeling very, very disappointed. It is situated in a nice neighborhood, with many businesses nearby, but this is the most ugly, classless place I have ever encountered within a "2 star rating" bracket.

I would never stay here again. Management needs to get their act together! Update, accentuate and work on providing a comfortable stay for your patrons. The bed is tolerable and you can get extra pillows if you walk through the parking lot to the front desk and ask for them, but be ready to be scrutinized for their inventory purposes. I felt like a common criminal for asking for them.

They give you as few watered down toiletries as humanly possible and as little space as possible and they don't even know the meaning of the words "service" or "hospitality". They left me feeling cheated and offended.

DISGUSTED! NEVER NEVER AGAIN..

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank tinkerbtch

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This place is located quite near to the DFW Airport (about a 15 mins car ride). The locality is nice and peaceful - Thomas Jefferson Park is right accross the street and is a great place for a walk/jog during mornings and evenings.

The Studio suite per say is well equipped and comfortable - the weekly and monthly rates are pretty low and works out well for a budget traveller. They also have a complimentary pass to the LA Fitness gym a couple of blocks away. Many restaurants within short walking distance and a Walgreens right next door. The desk staff are generally competent and polite - thought I have faced a couple of cranky ones too.

I have stayed at this place for a couple of times and would happily come back.

Room Tip: Try choosing something on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business