“Outside of hotel is deceiving”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St.
Ranked #66 of 77 Hotels in Irving
El Dorado, AR
“Outside of hotel is deceiving”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

When I pulled up, we were happy with the place. When checking in, the staff was friendly and efficient. Getting into the room and it was a different story. This was one of the dirtiest hotel rooms I have ever been in. We were only going to be sleeping there for about 4 hours or I would have left immediately. There was a smell in the room, dust on all surfaces, and we never changed out of our clothes because of the shape of the room. It was that bad. I called to see if there was another room available, but there wasn't. It was loud in the room, and we left after 3 hours. Happily.

Room Tip: None that I can say other than don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Minzplaying
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, 5 April 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay here with us was an unpleasant one. In response to your feedback, I am currently addressing the issues you mention in your review. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dco@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Pros:
1. Friendly staff
2. Clean rooms
3. Free Wi-fi
4. Good location.
5. Close to walking/running trails
6. Close to restaurants
7. Nice and quiet neighbor hood.

Cons:
1. Low level sound proof in the room, noise from adjacent rooms can be annoying, sometimes.

Room Tip: I do not have any tip to select a good room, I always got a good room in this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank venky K
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, 24 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you had so many nice things to say about the site, staff and area. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Texas
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I am working on a business project around the corner and this hotel is excellent value for money. The rooms are clean and comfortable, if a bit dated.

I did find the Internet a little unreliable on the first day but didn't have much time to use it.

The hotel is located close to plenty of fast food outlets and nice restaurants on MacArthur Blvd.

Hotel guests receive free guest passes to the nearby LA Fitness gym, 2 mins away by car and walking distance (about 10 mins) for those with extra time.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, 23 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you found our facility comfortable. We are sorry that you experienced some inconvenience with the wireless internet. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. If you have any additional comments feel free to contact us at lco@extendedstay.com.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Most extended stay hotels are hit or miss - this property is a hit. First, there are no bad locations in the Las Colinas area - so go ahead and bid a star level lower on Priceline. This hotel was listed as a 2* on Priceline, I would rate it as a 3* on the Priceline scale. My winning bid was $24/night ($14+$10 bonus cash). Room was smallish - queen bed with kitchenette (half range, medium size fridge, microwave, sink) packed into a normal size hotel room. Bed was more firm than I prefer, but not uncomfortable. Staff was excellent - friendly and helpful. Only complaint I can think of is the noise around 6-8pm, when cars are pulling back into the parking area. The rooms have outside doors and the property is set up into several corridors where cars park - diesel engine trucks really rumble through the lot.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry you were disturbed by the outdoor noise of cars coming and going during the evening hours. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. Feel free to contact us at lco@extendedstay.com should you have any questions.
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Upon check in I was greeted with a friendly caring staff member named Lashonda who made sure I was happy and in a clean , furnished room... All staff members are friendly and answered any questions or concerns I had... No comments about this location .. It's in a clean , staff area ... Would definely recommend this place...

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank neciebo
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, 24 November 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you felt safe and had a welcoming experience from Lashanda. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. If we can be of further assistance feel free to contact us at lco@extendedstay.com.
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Homestead Studios are the smallest of a chain of extended stay properties. This unit was clean, came with kitchenette with stove, frig and microwave all packed into an average sized motel room. It worked out fine for me on an overnight business trip except that the bed was very firm and not very comfortable. If you are looking for the accommodations of a hotel you will be disappointed, if you are looking for a very small apartment for more than a day this may work for you.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you found our property clean. I apologize that the bed accommodations were not to your comfort. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Let me know if you need anything else by contacting me at lco@extendedstay.com.
chicago
Reviewed 24 May 2012

If you care for uncleaned sheets and bed bugs go ahead. I left at 1 a.m. to get another room at other hotel. Wow bad front desk people and worst experience ever.

Room Tip: Try to get a non smoking room without the bed bugs.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank exptChicago
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, 12 July 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.