“great hotel”

Ranked #22 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Fort Worth, Texas
“great hotel”
Reviewed 25 June 2011

we enjoyed our stay at this hotel. the rooms and the whole hotel was clean. the breakfast in the morning was great as well. we had 3 rooms reservation and at check in we requested for a change room to keep all our rooms together. the front desk clerk went over and above to accomodate us. thank you

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Sam S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I've recently become addicted to Staybridge hotels, having stayed at over 7 different properties in the past few months. Normally, the Staybridge Los Colinas would be receiving full marks from me, but after staying at the newer Staybridges nearby at DFW and Plano, this one really isn't as nice. Formica vs. granite countertops, marble showers vs. fiberglass, things like this make this one show its age more. And the biggest pet peeve, no hot tub!! only a pool. :(

However, the one thing that does really stand out here is that they have the fastest Internet I've ever had at a hotel! 10Mb/sec!! That's like my home cable modem! So kudos there!

The breakfast was standard Staybridge. The pool is very nice, as are the surrounding outdoor areas. Just need that hot tub...

The staff I interacted with were all excellent. Top notch! Parking was free and plentiful.

Hopefully they'll remodel this place and bring it up to par with it's nearby cousins. It's not that it's "bad", just not as good as other ones, but it's still a perfectly good place to stay at if you need to be in this area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 12 March 2011

I made the horrible mistake of going with another hotel for my 9 week stay initially. when i went to that hotel and was NOT HAPPY WITH IT, i googled nearby hotels for long term stays and called Staybridge. They had immediate availability for my 9 weeks and gave me a great rate. BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL room!!! VERY VERY Clean and wonderful staff. they let me see the room before paying and i was sold right away. free shuttle, free laundry, free wiifi, good cable channels and beautiful lobby/lounge and outside area. GO TO THIS HOTEL. please dont make the mistake i did and go for cheap near the airport. the Las Colinas area is also very nice with LOTS of places to eat and shop (walmart, target, kohls, Kroger etc)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Fire alarm went off in the middle of the night twice in three days, second time for HALF AN HOUR. First one was due to a power outage (evacuate the hotel because the power's down?). Two days later, we had a second fire alarm, at 2:30 AM, due to a broken water pipe. Sorry, that's NOT a fire, so what's up with the HALF HOUR OF EAR-SPLITTING NOISE forcing people out into a snowstorm?

In between, there were nasty problems with internet infrastructure that severely hampered business communications, as well as work I was doing on presentations for customers. Hotel management and staff were pleasant and helpful, and did their best to help resolve problems, but sheesh!

The only reason I booked this hotel was that I had to be in the area on business just prior to the Super Bowl, so hotel rooms were scarce. I'll be avoiding Staybridge Suites in future.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Mountain View, Arkansas
Reviewed 14 January 2011

My wife and I and our daughter and son-in-law went to the Southwest Classic between the Arkansas Razorbacks and Texas A&M Aggies and the Cowboys-Titans game the next day this past October. I reserved rooms at the Staybridge Suites in Las Colinas because of the good rate, the restaurants in the area and the convenience to Cowboys stadium.

Although the location is good, we had a difficult time finding it upon our arrival into Irving. Even coming back from the Hog game we missed the turn. But getting to and from the games were a breeze because we used the Bush toll road which had just been opened and few people knew about it or used it the weekend we were there.

The rooms were comfortable and spacious like all one bedroom suites at Staybridge Suites. We were located in a room on the second floor adjacent to and above the lobby. There were a lot of Tennessee Titan fans at the hotel and they filled the lobby when when we came in from dinner. We were afraid that the noise would continue and prevent us from sleeping, but they dispersed soon after we got back and we didn't have any difficulty sleeping. The next morning I enjoyed the selections available for their breakfast.

I had no problems with the use of the wi-fi in the room. I did not have a printer with my laptop so I used the business center to print off tickets to the Texas Rangers American League Division Series game on that Sunday. We were able to take in the Rangers game starting at noon and then go next door to the Cowboys game that started at 3:15.
It was quite a sporting weekend with the college football game Saturday and the MLB playoff game and NFL game on Sunday.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Razorfish
Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2010

Staybridge Suites is honestly my favorite chain hotel. This was my second experience at a Staybridge and it was great. The front desk folks were very nice. The hotel was clean and the room was great. They had a complimentary meal in the evening and the breakfast buffet was just right. There is a very nice park-like yard and pool area with plenty of places to sit and enjoy the outdoors. The bed was extremely comfortable and the hotel was very quiet at night. If in the area, I would surely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Denver
Reviewed 28 November 2009

Hello well I recently stayed at the Staybridge Dallas in Las Colinas, and it was eventful. Now first off the rooms, service, free internet, and free breakfast were terrific. No problems there. However the first night I got there, a monday night I was jarred awake by the loudest shrieking noise you could imagine. After 4 minutes I called the front desk and asked what was going on, their reply was its the fire alarm but theres no fire!! It was a glitch in their system.

Now Im told I will get a coupon, certificate of some kind mailed to my home address to make up for the incident which is fine, it means a lot. But if you plan to stay here, take 5 minutes, call them up, and ask if the fire alarm system is fixed!! Believe me you dont want to be jarred awake at 3:30 am because of a glitch in their system.

I hope this review helped you all out. Cheers!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo