“Good stay for our trip to the Southwest Classic and Cowboys game”

Staybridge Suites Dallas-Las Colinas Area
Ranked #22 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Mountain View, Arkansas
“Good stay for our trip to the Southwest Classic and Cowboys game”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2011

My wife and I and our daughter and son-in-law went to the Southwest Classic between the Arkansas Razorbacks and Texas A&M Aggies and the Cowboys-Titans game the next day this past October. I reserved rooms at the Staybridge Suites in Las Colinas because of the good rate, the restaurants in the area and the convenience to Cowboys stadium.

Although the location is good, we had a difficult time finding it upon our arrival into Irving. Even coming back from the Hog game we missed the turn. But getting to and from the games were a breeze because we used the Bush toll road which had just been opened and few people knew about it or used it the weekend we were there.

The rooms were comfortable and spacious like all one bedroom suites at Staybridge Suites. We were located in a room on the second floor adjacent to and above the lobby. There were a lot of Tennessee Titan fans at the hotel and they filled the lobby when when we came in from dinner. We were afraid that the noise would continue and prevent us from sleeping, but they dispersed soon after we got back and we didn't have any difficulty sleeping. The next morning I enjoyed the selections available for their breakfast.

I had no problems with the use of the wi-fi in the room. I did not have a printer with my laptop so I used the business center to print off tickets to the Texas Rangers American League Division Series game on that Sunday. We were able to take in the Rangers game starting at noon and then go next door to the Cowboys game that started at 3:15.
It was quite a sporting weekend with the college football game Saturday and the MLB playoff game and NFL game on Sunday.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Razorfish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2010

Staybridge Suites is honestly my favorite chain hotel. This was my second experience at a Staybridge and it was great. The front desk folks were very nice. The hotel was clean and the room was great. They had a complimentary meal in the evening and the breakfast buffet was just right. There is a very nice park-like yard and pool area with plenty of places to sit and enjoy the outdoors. The bed was extremely comfortable and the hotel was very quiet at night. If in the area, I would surely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2009

Hello well I recently stayed at the Staybridge Dallas in Las Colinas, and it was eventful. Now first off the rooms, service, free internet, and free breakfast were terrific. No problems there. However the first night I got there, a monday night I was jarred awake by the loudest shrieking noise you could imagine. After 4 minutes I called the front desk and asked what was going on, their reply was its the fire alarm but theres no fire!! It was a glitch in their system.

Now Im told I will get a coupon, certificate of some kind mailed to my home address to make up for the incident which is fine, it means a lot. But if you plan to stay here, take 5 minutes, call them up, and ask if the fire alarm system is fixed!! Believe me you dont want to be jarred awake at 3:30 am because of a glitch in their system.

I hope this review helped you all out. Cheers!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank SoupJoe
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2009

This hotel is great! Well, we arrived about 3 PM and checked in. (The front desk lady was very nice) We then ventured to our 1 bedroom suite. Our room was down a few hallways.(a very big hotel) Anyway, our room had a bedroom with a king bed and an ACTUAL closet, a living room with sofa and desk. A kitchen with a full size fridge and ice maker, mini stove top, dish washer, silverware,pots, and such were provided. Our room was wonderful... they have a courtyard with a salt water pool, and a sports court as well as a grilling area... breakfast was delicious and free.. it consisted of bacon or sausage, toast or hashbrown, fruit salad, waffle maker, pasties, cereal, boiled eggs, fountain cokes, juices, and milk... a library, business center, fitness center, and convenient store all on site... really nice people here... great hotel..

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Louisiana_Man_88
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2008

The service here was exceptional - five star service at a three star price. The staff were all very helpful with any requests I had. As a tourist, the location was not ideal, as you need a car to get around, but as I was there for business, their free shuttle bus (free to within a 5 mile radius) was great. I felt safe walking on the streets to the local restaurants, but a car was really needed.

July/August is a very hot time of year - every day reached over 37C/100F (and I was there for 18 nights), but the pool and outdoor area was great. There was an undercover BBQ area which was available to be used any time. On Tuesdays-Thursdays, there was a happy-hour type setup which offered free unlimited beer, wine, soft drink and nibbles. Plus the daily breakfast also offered sufficient variety.

The room (323) was a one bedroom apartment which was very spacious and offered the usual comforts. The room was in great condition and very clean.

PS If you're a keen shopper, don't miss the Allen Premium outlets in Allen (about 40min drive - $80 one way cab fare) or the Galleria (near down town) which was a 15 minute drive.

• Liked — Quiet location, great value for money
  • Disliked — Poor location for tourists
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank AdsMan
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2007

My first Staybridge experience and I loved the chain.

However this week was probably a bad one for this hotel. As the other reviewer noted the kids romped all over the hotel. They dominated the breakfast and dinner buffets and left trash everywhere. Basically they total overwhelmed the hotel staff. The staff tried their best but they are used to dealing with b- travelers not middle schoolers and could not keep up. I had a nice room on the inner court yard. However the kids stayed out in the pool and the sports court making noise past ten every night. I cant believe they did well in their baseball tournament. The parents spent most of their time outside in the nice gazebo drinking from what I could see and from what I stepped over in the next morning. This was not a reflection on the hotel more a reflection on poor guest etiquette! I liked the hotel even in spite of the raging youngsters.

The hotel is itself is very nice. The rooms are spacious. The furnishing are excellent. The windows open which is a plus with me ( when kids are not out). I found the rooms very clean and serviceable. As noted before there is a nightly buffet where they served real food (grilled chicken, pasta, beer….). Breakfast Buffet was outstanding as well - just go early to beat the rush. The hotel has a gym, pool and a sports court. The area around is a corporate which is fine by me. There were some shops and fast food with in walking distance if needed. The parking lot is a tight fit for Texas sized cars but not a major issue. Running in the area is fine as well as there were nice sidewalks and the area was deserted out side the 9-5 hours.

I would stay here again, just watch the parking lots for mini vans or Suburban's with writing on the windows!

• Liked — big texas sized rooms
  • Disliked — the guests that week!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank oldensign
Houston, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2005

We had to evacuate for Hurricane Rita, and I chose this hotel because they take Pets for a $75 charge, and I was able to find a 2 Bedroom 2 Bath suite with a kitchen! It was perfect for a family with 3 kids and two dogs.
FREE Hi-speed Internet, which was great! The FREE Breafast is wonderful when you have kids, and the Managers reception are marvelous. I must say it was packed, with not one room available. The atmosphere was friendly and almost everyone there was from New Orleans, and so we all had alot to talk about. The lobby is like a large living room where everyone gathers for games and socializing. The area had everything from a huge selection of restaurants to shopping to grocery stores. The staff was really great too. Friendly and sincere. The only complaint I had was that ONE of the bedrooms was very hot and the ac would not cool it off. The other was great....go figure.When I reported it they just said that there was nothing they could do. It was over 100 outside and that when they have a "Full House" thats just how it is. I have a feeling it was the location of our room, facing west and on an end. Overall, a great experience! I will always look for Staybridge Suites for our families travels.

• Stayed September 2005