“Very friendly and helpful, everything you need”

Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Ranked #29 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Leanordtown, MD
“Very friendly and helpful, everything you need”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This is a Residence Inn with all of the perks, but run to the highest level of quality and friendliness. I had misread their website (my fault) and thought that they did not have a shuttle to/from airport, so I tried to rent a car at DFW. I had a number of problems with the car rental. I called the Marriott customer service desk. They put me through to the front desk and they sent a van just to get me at the rental terminal. Made it in after the nightly reception had closed, but when one of the staff saw me checking in (somewhat bedraggled) they told me to come on in, they had leftovers and to put together a plate for dinner for myself. Front desk was super nice. No problems getting an extended time for check out.
Room was very nice. Very very clean. Looked new. Usual excellent kitchen area. Everything you could ever need. Free internet. Large flat screen TV. If you need to stay near DFW, look no further. This is where you want to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Pokerroamer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife and I stayed for five nights between Christmas and New Year and the hotel was not crowded which could affect our experience. However, the staff was uniformly friendly and helpful, our one BR suite was clean and comfortable, and the breakfaast buffet was fresh and hot. We do recommend one BR suites instead of the "efficiency" units that are often the norm in "suite" hotels. The advantage is that my wife could go to bed with the BR door closed while I watched football on TV in the LR/dining/kitchen area. For those looking for full use of the kitchen (we did not), the kitchen was well equiped with a basic variety of dishes, utensils,and pots and pans to go with the microwave, small range,small refrigerator, and dishwasher. The buffet breakfast always include scrambled eggs with a different assortment of bacon/sausage, pancakes, or biscuits/gravy available on different days. Make your own waffles always available along with an assortment of fruit and pastry. Many guests were taking their breakfast back to their room but there is ample dining space. The hotel offers a daily early evening wine/beer event with virtually a meal of snacks, but we were gone all day and never tried it. As an added benefit, the hotel is located at an intersection with I-183 and a road that leads to the DFW Rental Car location without using the confusing DFW highway net.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tigerworld
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This Residence Inn was fantastic! The room was super clean and really modern! The General Manager Victor took great care of us and Ivan at the desk was extremely helpful! John the Shuttle Driver was excellent! Mission Accomplished guys! We had a great time!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matt K
Olney, Maryland
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I've had a run of really good Residence Inn stays recently. This one was one of the best. Fantastic location. Very good staff service and meal/snack offerings. Typically useful, clean and modern RI room. And I heard someone at the front desk say the pool is saltwater, although I never got a chance to use it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bagnato1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 17 nights having moved to the US from the UK. This hotel provided everything I needed and more. The free shuttle bus enabled my to get around so much that I didn't need to hire a car until I picked up my new car, saving me a significant expense. My room was very comfortable and I used the gym and pool facilities daily. The laundry room was well equipped and inexpensive. The social hour was excellent, as was the complimentary breakfast. The hotel's greatest asset is the staff who are fantastic - I cannot thank Victor and the rest of the team enough for making me feel at home, which was very much appreciated having moved country and started a new job at the same time. I met some really nice people whilst sitting by the fire pit enjoying a glass or two of the free wine or beer after work. The atmosphere was always friendly and relaxed.
I would highly recommend this hotel to guests needing facilities suitable for a long stay.

Stayed October 2013
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

We were walk-ins on Saturday 11/16. Nadia greeted us and quickly checked us in. I was in love with the room. Four people shared it with no troubles. Breakfast was great, a lot of selection. No noise trouble, the room was spotless. Will definitely be coming back.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night and had a very nice suite. The hotel is a year old and is decorated nicely. It is surprisingly quite for being next to the highway. They have a nice cocktail reception every week night. They have a good breakfast and a good workout room. The immediate area is limited in restaurants but there are some about a half mile away. They do share a parking lot with the Courtyard which would be another option if they are full

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business