“Enjoyed the stay - I would say great for Family”

Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Ranked #32 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Same owner owns both the Residence and Courtyard. What a fantastic job on pre-planning on his part between the two (almost share a parking lot). Everything about the stay was great from breakfast, staff and sleep. The only thing I would say is that the Courtyard is more for business (which I was on) and Residence Inn had a mix. Not a bad complaint at all, just could have a mix of young kids to infants (harder when trying to conduct interviews/lobby meetings). Well worth an extended trip into the city for sure

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rick H
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed here while going to watch the Cotton Bowl. Check-in was quick, however the employee was hard to understand. Great amenities, comfortable accommodations. The rooms were very nice, great shower, comfortable room, nice TVs. We liked having the kitchen. Breakfast in the morning was quick and delicious.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Came to town for a Cowboys game and stayed at this hotel due to proximity to Cowboys Stadium and price. Had a 1 bedroom that looked brand new, was spotless and incredibly comfortable. My brother was actually in awe when we opened the door. 1st because of how nice it looked 2nd because he couldn't believe the price.

We missed breakfast in the morning, but the staff was so friendly and gave us some food recommendations for both breakfast and dinner. The kitchen came in handy especially when it was time to heat up and eat dinner left overs.

Parking was plentiful even with a sold out hotel due to the Cowboys game. The location for us was perfect for game day and easy access back to the airport.

We travel to Irving at least once a year for a Cowboys game and always stay at Marriott properties but I think this will be our go-to Marriott property going forward.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This is a Residence Inn with all of the perks, but run to the highest level of quality and friendliness. I had misread their website (my fault) and thought that they did not have a shuttle to/from airport, so I tried to rent a car at DFW. I had a number of problems with the car rental. I called the Marriott customer service desk. They put me through to the front desk and they sent a van just to get me at the rental terminal. Made it in after the nightly reception had closed, but when one of the staff saw me checking in (somewhat bedraggled) they told me to come on in, they had leftovers and to put together a plate for dinner for myself. Front desk was super nice. No problems getting an extended time for check out.
Room was very nice. Very very clean. Looked new. Usual excellent kitchen area. Everything you could ever need. Free internet. Large flat screen TV. If you need to stay near DFW, look no further. This is where you want to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Pokerroamer
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife and I stayed for five nights between Christmas and New Year and the hotel was not crowded which could affect our experience. However, the staff was uniformly friendly and helpful, our one BR suite was clean and comfortable, and the breakfaast buffet was fresh and hot. We do recommend one BR suites instead of the "efficiency" units that are often the norm in "suite" hotels. The advantage is that my wife could go to bed with the BR door closed while I watched football on TV in the LR/dining/kitchen area. For those looking for full use of the kitchen (we did not), the kitchen was well equiped with a basic variety of dishes, utensils,and pots and pans to go with the microwave, small range,small refrigerator, and dishwasher. The buffet breakfast always include scrambled eggs with a different assortment of bacon/sausage, pancakes, or biscuits/gravy available on different days. Make your own waffles always available along with an assortment of fruit and pastry. Many guests were taking their breakfast back to their room but there is ample dining space. The hotel offers a daily early evening wine/beer event with virtually a meal of snacks, but we were gone all day and never tried it. As an added benefit, the hotel is located at an intersection with I-183 and a road that leads to the DFW Rental Car location without using the confusing DFW highway net.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tigerworld
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This Residence Inn was fantastic! The room was super clean and really modern! The General Manager Victor took great care of us and Ivan at the desk was extremely helpful! John the Shuttle Driver was excellent! Mission Accomplished guys! We had a great time!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt K
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I've had a run of really good Residence Inn stays recently. This one was one of the best. Fantastic location. Very good staff service and meal/snack offerings. Typically useful, clean and modern RI room. And I heard someone at the front desk say the pool is saltwater, although I never got a chance to use it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business