Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful room. For the price of a regular hotel you get double the amenities. Staff was extra helpful and breakfast was exactly what I was looking for with my family. Quiet, clean, spacious, free wifi what more can you ask for. Oh and they also have a printer and computer to help with printing your airline boarding pass right in lobby. This place goes above and beyond.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed there for two weeks in March while in town for training. A deciding factor in choosing this hotel was the great rating it had here on Trip Advisor. The hotel is in great shape overall and the rooms are better than I had hoped.

I had a King Studio suite and loved it. This is the first time I have had a room look exactly like the picture on the website. The room was spacious and well lit in all areas. The bathroom area is not very big but I still found it to be very functional. Decent closet and drawer space. The desk area provided for a workspace was perfect for my needs and had several, conveniently placed power outlets and ethernet ports. I had no problems with the free wifi signal. I was very impressed with the well-stocked kitchen in the room (flatware, dishes, pots & pans, etc) which also had a full size refrigerator with a working ice-maker.

If I have a single complaint about the room, it would only be the choice of available TV channels. Even when out of town, I like a little downtime watching TV. While certainly not a big deal, the available programming was weak at best, especially the Showtime channel.

As many others have commented, the staff at this hotel is great. Every employee I encountered at the front desk was very pleasant, professional, and helpful, right down to the young man who worked the desk after midnight during the week. These folks are getting it right when it comes to customer service.

The hotel provides free breakfast every day and free dinner Monday through Thursday. The food is nothing special but it's also not bad, especially since it's free. Set your expectations accordingly and you won't be disappointed with this nice option. The hotel also has a small coin-operated laundromat with current appliances in good working order and they give you detergent and fabric softener for free at the front desk. Another nice touch in my opinion.

Overall, I was extremely happy with my experience at this hotel and would go out of my way to stay there again on future trips.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side face the interstate and some may consider this a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Aaron A
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed here for just one night in February. We changed hotels to here because of the crazy construction traffic in Fort Worth and we were worried about catching an international flight in the morning. We wish we had stayed here instead of 2 nights at another hotel. The rooms were immaculate, and the bed was very comfortable. The gym area was nice with more equipment than I expected. The front desk staff was very helpful, and referred us to a nice restaurant nearby. The shuttle service was very prompt.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank FuninthesunOmaha
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Same owner owns both the Residence and Courtyard. What a fantastic job on pre-planning on his part between the two (almost share a parking lot). Everything about the stay was great from breakfast, staff and sleep. The only thing I would say is that the Courtyard is more for business (which I was on) and Residence Inn had a mix. Not a bad complaint at all, just could have a mix of young kids to infants (harder when trying to conduct interviews/lobby meetings). Well worth an extended trip into the city for sure

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rick H
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed here while going to watch the Cotton Bowl. Check-in was quick, however the employee was hard to understand. Great amenities, comfortable accommodations. The rooms were very nice, great shower, comfortable room, nice TVs. We liked having the kitchen. Breakfast in the morning was quick and delicious.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Came to town for a Cowboys game and stayed at this hotel due to proximity to Cowboys Stadium and price. Had a 1 bedroom that looked brand new, was spotless and incredibly comfortable. My brother was actually in awe when we opened the door. 1st because of how nice it looked 2nd because he couldn't believe the price.

We missed breakfast in the morning, but the staff was so friendly and gave us some food recommendations for both breakfast and dinner. The kitchen came in handy especially when it was time to heat up and eat dinner left overs.

Parking was plentiful even with a sold out hotel due to the Cowboys game. The location for us was perfect for game day and easy access back to the airport.

We travel to Irving at least once a year for a Cowboys game and always stay at Marriott properties but I think this will be our go-to Marriott property going forward.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This is a Residence Inn with all of the perks, but run to the highest level of quality and friendliness. I had misread their website (my fault) and thought that they did not have a shuttle to/from airport, so I tried to rent a car at DFW. I had a number of problems with the car rental. I called the Marriott customer service desk. They put me through to the front desk and they sent a van just to get me at the rental terminal. Made it in after the nightly reception had closed, but when one of the staff saw me checking in (somewhat bedraggled) they told me to come on in, they had leftovers and to put together a plate for dinner for myself. Front desk was super nice. No problems getting an extended time for check out.
Room was very nice. Very very clean. Looked new. Usual excellent kitchen area. Everything you could ever need. Free internet. Large flat screen TV. If you need to stay near DFW, look no further. This is where you want to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business