Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
US$550
US$517
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdfw airportmarriott platinumcourtesy shuttlefree breakfastbeautiful roomindoor poolhighwayinnsdallasaccommodationsstadium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This place is great! Great floor plan, clean and well designed. Felt like an upscale experience! Kids loved the suite. Kitchen was very clean, well equipped and nicely designed. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The 3 weeks I spent here were amazing!!! Beautiful rooms very clean. Quiet atmosphere. Charles and other shuttle drivers were super cool and informative. FREE breakfast and happy hour food and drinks Drinks were awesome. But Employee , Maylene was fabulous!!!!!!!!! Very accompanying! I will highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a really nice Residence Inn. The staff was terrific, extremely helpful and friendly after a diverted flight and unexpected overnight in Dallas. Rooms are updated, standard Residence Inn fare, just newer than most. My only hesitation is for those who go to sleep early or wake up late and are sensitive to noise: at least on the night I stayed, there was substantial aircraft noise as planes were taking off (or landing?). Unless I was there on an atypical flight track day, you WILL hear plane noise. I stopped noticing it as much after 10 or so, but it picked up again promptly at 6 a.m. Otherwise, great stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Excellent service. Knowledgeable staff. Spotless room and accommodations. Super convenient to the airport, nearby restaurants and shopping. Will stay hear again when in need of overnight accommodations close to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Brought my goddaughters to Dallas from Kansas so we could sightsee and hang out, and this place had a two-bedroom suite so I decided to try it. We were thrilled with this hotel!
First, it has a full kitchen with dishes, silverware and pots/pans, and they even provide a dishwasher soap cube in case you need it. But they encourage you to leave your dishes in the sink and the maid cleans everything up and turns the dishwasher on for you each day... as well as cleaning the room. We were greeted very warmly when we checked in and asked if we needed help unloading the car. This hotel is literally five minutes from DFW Airport, and I saw a shuttle bus that goes with the hotel, in case you need it.
Breakfast is included with the room each day. We had fun making our own waffles and putting whipped cream and nuts and berries on them. We also ate eggs, sausage, potatoes, English muffins, muffins, yogurt with granola, biscuits and gravy, and fruit throughout our stay. The food choices change up a little each day.
The suite itself was very clean and had a great set-up. The girls' room was on the opposite side of the living room so I couldn't hear them giggling at night and they couldn't hear me. Of course, they have the firm, comfy Marriott beds in each room. I gave them the king sized bed and stayed in the room with the queen.
Besides a tiny kitchen, there is a table with two comfy chairs, a desk with a swivel chair, and a couch that apparently folds out to make a bed. Seats two easily, three if you like each other. All three rooms had flat screen TV's in them.
We used this hotel as a jumping off place to go to the Dallas Zoo and the Aquarium (A MUST!), as well as the JFK Museum. They were all about thirty minutes away. There are also restaurants and the big Irving Mall nearby, with a movie theater.
The girls also tried both the indoor pool at our hotel (saltwater) and the outdoor pool at the sister Courtyard Marriott next door. Both were smallish, but not many people were swimming. The air conditioner worked really well. We felt very comfortable the whole time we were there, and safe.

Now for a few negatives. There was road noise, as you are on a big highway. I always bring a sound machine with me, so not a problem for me. And the girls didn't notice it at all. I'm a light sleeper. Which is why the blinking light in the smoke detector above the bed drove me nuts each night. I learned to cover my head with the sheets. We did hear airplanes, but not until Sunday.
There were no paper towels in the room, but when I called the front desk, they suggested we come get napkins from the coffee area. They are the big fancy serviettes you usually save for parties. We took plenty.
There is fancy Paul Mitchell shampoo (3) and conditioner for the shower, but no shower cap or lotion, so bring your own.
Both bathrooms in this suite had railings and seats in the tub for handicapped accessibility. My seat was stuck in a 45 degree angle and wouldn't go up or down. Not a problem for me because I only take showers and it was on the last half of the tub. There is a phone in each bathroom, too, in case someone gets into trouble. I did see several people who looked like they were patients coming to Dallas to get medical care.
All in all, a fabulous hotel! I asked what the longest is that anyone has stayed there and the front desk staff said 380 days. I can see why. Very comfortable!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the highway and see if it is quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family