“I had a Wonderful time”

Ranked #32 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Sunnyvale, Texas
“I had a Wonderful time”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed here with a Friend and we had a Ball. The staff was Friendly, courteous and it was economically Friendly. The Food (Breakfast) was Delicious and cooked as I requested it. The top floor was quite, comfy and although I saw Children in the Lobby I heard none. So I would say the rooms are pretty sound proof. Thank You Marriott, I sincerely had a Great time (I did not give a 5 on the service and overall cleaniness and room because that left a lot to be desired. I had to request someone come to clean and vaccum the room (which they did), but this was the second Hotel I visted this month where the bathroom was Not Clean, shower and tub had rings around it and although it was taken care of immediately, it should NOT have been a Problem). Past that, all was well and fun.

• Stayed February 2014
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Dr. Patricia D.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you and your friend had a great time staying with us. We are pleased that you did enjoy the breakfast in the restaurant as well. I do want to apologize for the cleanliness of your room. This is unacceptable. I am glad that we did respond immediately to fix the issue you encountered. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the area.
Brian Short

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Amarillo, texas
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I gave this a hotel a good review relative to the good value I received on a weekend rate. Had I paid a higher rate, I would give this hotel a lesser rating. The beds are comfy and the front desk and staff are friendly. The physical plant is slightly dated in just a couple of areas, but still good. There has been recent remodeling. What they don't tell you when you check in, is that the banquet rooms are on the 2nd floor as well as guest rooms. There is traffic in the hall all of the time and they are loud. Friday night was not bad, but Saturday was horrible. Nice views of the lake and Williams square from lakeside rooms. Valet and Bell desk are very understaffed. There is one guy who, chases cars, answers the phone, and loads and moves luggage. They are very friendly but behind all of the time due to staffing levels. Be prepared to wait.

Room Tip: as stated doe not stay on the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear dady8tor,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the hotel. I am glad that you did enjoy the staff and your guest room. I do want to apologize for the noise issues due to the large function we had on property. We will certainly review the problems you encountered so that we may provide better service going forward. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Nicely updated Marriott with clean newer rooms and lobby. Convenient access to highway and convention center with small parking lot - otherwise you're hiking through the garage. Unfortunately the internet access was effectively unusable and the three elevators were really slow. I was on the 9th floor near elevators and not sure where they hotel places their wifi hotspots but they were certainly many floors away from the 9th based on signal strength. Plenty of other hotel options nearby that I'll skip this one next time I'm in the area .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cb_SEA
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear cb_SEA
Thank you for taking the opportunity to comment on your stay with us. I happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel rooms and Lobby.
I do want to apologize for what you experienced with our internet. We are currently updating our wireless internet. This should be completed over the next couple of days. We are very excited about this. Also we did call out our elevator service company to inspect all of our elevators in make sure they are operating properly. We hope that you would give us another chance the next time you visit the area.
Avondale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Nothing special nothing bad. I had a good size room, it was clean and functional, everything worked as it should, bed was comfortable, front desk clerk Shelby was very friendly and efficient, she even called to make sure everything was okay. Breakfast in the morning was good as was the service. Close to DFW, albeit, still a $30 taxi ride.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Steven B,
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay. I am glad that you did like your overall stay and was able to interact with our staff at the front desk and in the restaurant. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.
Kansas City
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed here in January for an event at the convention center. The hotel was full of young athletes and they were very accommodating with food choices, to go menu, etc. the staff was kind and went out of their way.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Janey V,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay. We are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff is very dedicated to making sure each guest has a wonderful stay. Thank you for mentioning them. We hope to see you again soon

Madisonville, Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Beautiful, quiet rooms. Extremely convenient to the Irving Convention Center (no need to get on 114) to go from hotel to ICC. Located next to apartments, high rise office buildings. Con - not easy to get to quick/fast food options...but restaurant on premises makes it great. Ask for a room that overlooks the lake, beautiful scenery.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Melissa I,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay. We are happy that you had a great stay with us. You are correct the Irving Convention center is right down the street. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
Sherman, Texas
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself was nice. Room was average accomodations. Every thing was clean. Staff was nice and friendly. But, they charge for every convenience that other hotels don't. $13/day wifi. $7 for 10 at the business center. Of course, no food amenities without paying. And worse, as a paying guest, when locals flooded the hotel for a conference, you had to go to a $8/day pay lot for the over flow in parking while they parked free at the hotel. The hotel wouldn't even validate you. There's just as good hotels near by that give you free WiFi and breakfast.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Dallas. We certainly do appreciate the positive comments about the hotel cleanliness and staff. Your feedback is very important to us and we certainly apologize for the parking situation. We will definitely review the parking situation from this past weekend. Normally we have ample amount of parking. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve. Thank you