“Good Hotel”

Dallas Marriott Las Colinas
Ranked #31 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed here multiple times for business. Always friendly, clean and nice. I have never had an issue with noise as the hotel is in a quiet location. There is a restaurant and room service if needed which is a nice option. I have used both and have been satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you did enjoy your stay. We are also happy that you stay with us when you are in the area. We look forward to your next visit. Please let us know if you need anything during your stay.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

As the title states, this location was great. As you walk in you're greeted by a beautiful entrance area and the Check-In desk off to the left.

The staff were amazing. Instantly seen that I was a Marriott Elite member and greeted me as such. Thanked me for my stay and even recognized my birthday was coming up. Offered a glass of wine to be sent up to my room later in the evening. Personally, I think that topped the cake. As promised, later in the evening room service knocked and delivered a fruit plate, brie, and crackers with a glass of wine. I can't say how amazing that was.

In the morning I called down to the front desk and asked if I could be granted a 2PM late checkout and it was accepted. (A perk of Marriott Elite status.)

The room was quite good. A king bed with a balcony room overlooking a little lake. (7th floor) My only real disappointment with the room was the A/C wasn't really working properly. It got decently chilled in the room compared to outside, but it sure wasn't the 68 degrees that it was saying on the thermostat. More or less ~72-74 degrees. A little nuisances is the "desk" in the room. It's more or less just a slide out table. If you take a look at the pictures of this residence from ~08-09' it's basically the same minus the tube TV. Another small nit pick would be that they painted around the fire alarm/CO2, you can see the wallpaper(?!?) behind it. Other than those things, it was a very decent room.

Parking was abundant during my stay, with very few spots taken up.

I did not partake at the bar downstairs or the Concierge Lounge. The pool and fitness center looked very decent. The business center had two desktops with printers/fax if need be. Wi-Fi could be expensive if you're not an Marriott Rewards Elite member. (I just used my Wi-Fi hotspot the whole time.) No comment on breakfast as I preferred to sleep in.

Overall a great stay and wouldn't mind returning to this location during more DFW travels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the little lake.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Matthew B

Dear Matthew B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for being a rewards member with Marriott. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed for a week on business and everything was fine. Staff were helpful and facilities good. The bed was comfortable, and the bar and meals were good. No complaints.

The internet was good for me, though I picked the more expensive 'premium' option. I spoke to colleagues who said the standard internet was OK for them.

The location is a bit in the the middle of nowhere, but that's pretty standard for Dallas.

This was my first stay at this hotel. I had previously stayed twice at the Freeport Marriott just up the road. The two hotels were very similar, and I'd probably just prefer the Las Colinas one, on the basis of the lake outside.

Room Tip: Good clothes shopping at Grapevine Mills mall. Half the price of Australia.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Mike S,

Thank you for taking the time to share you comments about your recent stay with us. We are happy that you did enjoy your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel almost every other week for three or four days at a time for the past two months or so. Everytime, same excellent service, Perfect everytime! Very friendly staff, front office and in the restaurants!

Room Tip: Ask for the Lake View! The other view is not bad either!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Nari K,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are happy that we are your preferred hotel when you travel to the area. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The one thing you notice here is how friendly everyone seems to be. You can tell they are well trained to attend to the needs of their guests. We had to set up for a training program and Ariel had everything set up right. When we went to the room the night before to set up, we had two young men assist us with some last minute changes and they were eager to please. I would like to acknowledge them but I misplaced their card. Then the day of the meeting, Luis and Andre ensured everything was great. The rooms are clean and have a small refrigerator to keep things cool. It has a nice little workout room with several treadmills and elliptical machines. We ate at the restaurant downstairs and the service was prompt and the food was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Bob J,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I am happy that your training program went great. I will definitley share your comments with Arielle, Andre, Luis and the two gentlemen that helped with your program.
Thank you for choosing the Dallas Marriott Las Colinas and we hope to see you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have stayed only for one day. The hotel is in very good condition. The hotel area is awesome with a lake and a jogging track. The internet in the rooms was very slow. I do not understand why they do not fix it, there are some complaints and it seems they do not pay attention to them. I will stay again in July and I hope can be fix it before my arrival.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear gabriel142,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. We are happy that you enjoyed the hotel and the area around us. I do apologize about the internet. We just went through a major upgrade last month. I will definitely look into why the internet was running slow on your recent visit. We look forward to your return and please let us know if you need anything during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice business hotel, it has comfortable rooms and good facilities.
The only problem, they dont pick up the clothes in room for laundry, this is not clearly communicated to the guest.
But overall a nice property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Diego M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the confusion of our guest laundry. I will work with the staff to have better communication letting our guests know about our laundry service. Please let us know if you need anything on your next stay. We truly appreciate you staying with us.