“VERY close to airport, super food in sportsbar”

Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
Ranked #18 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Upside: I believe the shuttle ride was 15 minutes or less (6 AM).
Downside: We could hear aircraft until late into the night.
Best: The sportsbar has great tasting food at reasonable prices. Don't even mess with the steak house which is much more expensive. The food in the sportsbar is that good.
There is free wifi in the lobby. But, it costs to use it in the rooms.
Indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub, exercise room are nice.
The rooms are comfortable with so many pillows you have to find one right for you.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 October 2011

I recently attended a conference at this hotel. When I learned it was located adjacent to the airport, I was somewhat concerned. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was extremely clean and well-appointed with great attention to detail. The bed was very comfortable. Even the in-room coffee was good (highly unusual). The conference venue and services exceeded expectations, and the staff were friendly. And...no, I was not disturbed at all by the airplanes flying overhead...rooms very well sound-proofed. The location next to the airport and shuttle services made getting to the airport extremely convenient. In summary...enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2011

It's like they planned to get everything wrong and hassle me for the whole stay! No one communicated with anyone else - from booking the reservation with the extremely rude Justin and his female boss, the Director of Revenue - these people are angry to be at work! I was asked for my credit card authorization and interrupted during a group meeting to go and dig through my things to find it - after I had called in advance to confirm it was there, and after I had confirmed it was there during check in. I was promised a 2pm late check out when I was checking in - thank goodness I called to confirm it the day of check out, they didn't acknowledge it! I asked what would have happened had I stayed until 2pm as planned, they flat out told me I would have been charged at least $50 extra! Even though I planned a late check out and confirmed it for 2pm! Customer service (aside from Ryan the bartender, Dorothy, and the cocktail waitress) was nonexistent. It was like it was an inconvenience for the staff to have me there as a guest. This is NOT a Marriott quality hotel AT ALL!!!! I will NEVER stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Meredith M
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This hotel offers a courtesy bus 24/7 but it will go around all of the terminals so can take up to 25mins from the hotel to your drop off. Hotel itself is fine for a night stay, typical great quality Marriott bed and friendly staff in the bar area. Room had a balcony but the door to that didnt have a great seal for noise of the jets and may be annoying to some

Room Tip: bank on 25 min hotel shuttle time to the terminal
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We held our wedding reception here last September (which was amazing - highly recommend for weddings) and booked the honeymoon package in a 1 bedroom suite for our first anniversary. To our surprise, we were upgraded to the Presidential Suite which was much more room than we needed and just perfect. Strawberries and champagne were delivered at the perfect time and the suite was incredibly clean.

Other than that, it's a pretty typical Marriott, although much nicer than most airport hotels I have stayed in. Would definitely stay again if we didn't live in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2011

A cancelled flight caused me to spend a night at the DFW Marriott North hotel. From the van driver who picked me at the airport up to the receptionist who said good bye, everyone at the hotel was extremely helpful. The room was large and immaculate. Furnishings were tasteful and looked new. I ate lunch at Crosswinds and had a great buffet. Dinner was spent at the bar watching the NFL game on one of the flat screens. When the receptionist learned I would be leaving in the morning prior to the opening of the restaurant, she personally arranged for me to get muffins and orange juice -- and even had a mini-fridge sent up to my room to keep the juice cold. Only downer of the entire stay is that I don't think any other hotel wil be able to meet its hospitality standards. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I have stayed at this hotel at least ten times and the service is always what you would expect from a full-service Marriott. My experiences have been really excellent. The staff are always helpful, there is a Hertz drop-off for rental cars, and the shuttle runs to the airport runs every 30 mintutes. The hotel appears to primarily serve business travelers and conventions. Although the hotel is near the express way there is little to no noise. The front desk personnel is efficient and helpful. I have stayed at serveral other hotels in the area and there appears to be plent of options, but I think the Marriott-North is by far the best place to stay for business and flying out of DFW.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Grand Hyatt DFW
Grand Hyatt DFW
#1 of 207 in Dallas
Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!