“Business mettings in Dallas” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott

Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
Ranked #17 of 77 Hotels in Irving
“Business mettings in Dallas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel was convenient to the airport and other amenities by car. Rooms were quiet and restaurant breakfast buffet was excellent. I get a little annoyed when hotels do not offer a full range of beverages but I run across this a lot - no Coca Cola products here.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent visit to the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott.

I am pleased that you found your room quiet and you enjoyed our breakfast buffett.

We look forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Amarillo, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a nice hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean. There's a nice workout area and the pool is an indoor/outdoor pool. However if you stay here, expect to pay for everything. For the price of the room I expect wifi to be provided. Here, it is not. If you want it, you have to pay more. Almost $13 for 24 hours. The restaurant is nice, with many local beers on tap, but it also is expensive. The breakfast buffet alone is $18. I love breakfast and it was a nice buffet but it's hard to eat $18 worth of breakfast. I understand this is a business/upscale hotel close to the airport, but if you're just looking for a place to stay in this area there are less expensive hotels that are just as nice, with free wifi and breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to post a review after your stay at the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott.

I am glad that you found the rooms spacious and clean and you enjoyed our new restaurant, Urban Spur.

If future travels bring you back to the Dallas area, we hope you will give us the opportunity to be your host again.
Rok
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

The hotel is lovely, however there are certain rooms that should not be used. The room I was provided overlooked the main hotel entrance. Nice view, however as local ordinance prohibits smoking, these folks are relegated to the ash trays located 15 feet from the main door. My stay occurred on a Thursday evening, the bar and lobby were packed with folks celebrating an early Christmas. At 11:45 pm, I phoned the front desk, Started to explain that the folks out front were excessively loud, only to have Michael tell me he couldn't control the smokers. A few words were exchanged and he agreed that he could send security. About 4 AM other patrons enjoying a good laugh (waiting for the shuttle, again outside the front door) woke me. Another call to the desk. 5 AM and the water hammer screams to life...worst night of sleep of a ten day trip.

Upon check in I was given an envelope that said the company would work to make it a great stay, so I called the desk a third time. While very polite, the manager echoed the first response, "we can't control what happens outside". The response to my suggestion that these rooms shouldn't be sold ( due to water hammer and uncontrollable exterior noise of smokers and shuttle riders) was an offer of Marriott points. Nice gesture, but doesn't solve the problem that other guests will be subjected to the same issues.

The room was fantastically appointed and clean. The water hammer problem needs to be addressed, unless of course you want to use your neighbor showering as your alarm clock.

Room Tip: You should not have to ask, but request room that does not overlook front entry. I was on 4th floor...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your visit to our hotel.

Please accept my apologies for not getting a good night’s rest while you were our guest due to the activity out on the front entrance.

I appreciate you sharing your feedback. I have asked my Front Office Manager to flag the rooms directly over the front entry as being the last rooms to be occupied, unless specifically requested. We also discussed a more appropriate response for our front office team to use with our guests in similar circumstances.

I have spoken to my Director of Engineering to look into the water hammer issues as this is not typically a problem we experience.

Please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss further.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occassions and have never been disappointed. Rooms are very nice but it is the staff that makes me come back. Everyone one at this hotel is a pleasure to deal with and goes out of thier way to make your stay pleasant. With the hotel being so close to the airport they always have to deal with a lot of stranded passengers who are not always in the best mood but they seem to do everything possible to make a bad situation a lot better. Very nice pool and gym, the even have free washer and dryers.

Room Tip: See if you can get a balcony room, nice to sit out there and watch the airport.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your stay at the hotel.

We strive to deliver excellent service to all our guests and your comments reinforce we are doing just that !.

We appreciate you being a frequent guest, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Statham, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed at this nice hotel for a buisness meeting and found it to be very nice. It was clean, modern furnishings and up to date decor. The pool and hot tub looked very inviting. Since we were here for the meeting we ate alot of the hotel food, even when we were snowed in and couldn't fly out. It was delicious. The entire staff was patient, kind and never complained. The ONLY two things the hotel needs are a bigger gift shop ( its a broom closet) and a small spa facility would be so nice. Before it started snowing I went to the Grand Hyatt for a spa treatment. If we had been stuck there Id have went BACK to the spa. I did rent a nice movie in my room. Michael at the front desk was helpful.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am happy to hear your stay and meeting went well and that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel. Thank you also for your nice comment about Michael at the Front Desk.

We hope to be your host again in the future.
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Due to the current ice storm, I've been stuck now in Dallas for a very frustrating 48 hours. My trip made a big turn for the better after coming here last night. Amazing customer service and greeting by Brandelyn and Jordan at the front desk made a huge difference. A good price for a very comfortable bed and room...and the food is good downstairs too. Thank you Brandelyn, Jordan, and the Marriott for brightening a frustrating two days for this frequent traveler. Cheers.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Mogarita
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay at our hotel during the December ice storm.

I am glad to hear that Brandelyn and Jordan took good care of you, I have passed along your kind comments to them. Our guests were our top priority during this trying time and I am glad we were able to make your stay a little bit more pleasurable.

We look forward to welcoming you back under much more pleasant circumstances.
Olney, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I have really no complaints about this Marriott. Nothing special. But it provided what I needed, very close to DFW. The service was very good, at the front desk and bar. The restaurant was accommodating, substituting a nice, fresh vegetable side for the french fries, although I was a little miffed I was never asked how I wanted the burger cooked. It arrived medium to medium-well, kind of a waste of nice quality beef. But maybe this is a legal thing, as it is in some areas of the country.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel.

I apologize that you were not asked how you would like your burger cooked, this was definitely an oversight on our behalf. I have shared your feedback with my Food & Beverage Director to use as a training opportunity with the staff.

Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to see you the next time you’re back in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Grand Hyatt DFW
#2 of 200 in Dallas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,035 reviews
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!