“Overnight is Ok, not good for extended stay” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott

Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
Ranked #17 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Overnight is Ok, not good for extended stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I was part if a group that stayed here for a week long event. This place was nice, no problem with the facility, and the full rate room were average. Here's the rub, internet is $14.00 a day, breakfast with tip, $20.. There are a lot of other places that offer a free breakfast and free WIFI that are in the area. I would stay here again, but only for a night, not for extended group business travel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay at our hotel. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

I do hope you’ll give us another opportunity to welcome you back next time you are in the Dallas area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Flight delay... Arrived at 2am ... Welcomed at it was mid day by a smiling girl. Room at the 2nd floor. Quite old fashion decoration but clean. Very comfortable bed. Small bathroom but with a bath. No safe nor bathrobe. Flat screen and nice working table. Very close to the airport but plane noise is not disturbing. Quite cold room.. I had to take the other bed blanket to sleep warm. Nice breakfast. Good choice but service could be improved... Had to ask several time for coffee and milk to get it!
I stayed there 3 years ago and noting has been maintained. Will need to be refurbished shortly (carpet, decoration)

Green Features: Very close to the airport (10 to 15 mn) so very easy for frequent travelers
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Isa,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent visit to our hotel. I am glad that you received a warm welcome, especially at 2:00 a.m.

We receive many compliments about our comfortable beds and I am glad you were able to get a good night’s rest. I appreciate your feedback regarding the service in our restaurant, I shall pass along your comments to my Food and Beverage director to review.

We look forward to welcoming you back if travels bring you to the Dallas area.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I just hosted a large meeting at the hotel. Everyone from the shuttle drivers to the event staff to the bar/restaurant team to the Front Desk was fantastic! The service all around was impeccable, the personal touches were great. My very picky sales team had nothing but compliments about the hotel. As a business traveler I tend to stay at Marriotts and enjoy the loyalty rewards that come with that. This hotel treated everyone like they had platinum status. Beds were really comfy, food was great, bar service was great - even when it was jammed. Front Desk staff were all really helpful and their shuttle service was prepared for 80 people leaving all at once! Hats off to everyone. As a business traveler/road warrior i would certainly recommend this hotel If you are planning on hosting a meeting then definitely pick this hotel. One of the best meetings I have hosted in years, thanks to their people and the quality of the food & the comfort of their beds

Room Tip: Try to stay away in the middle of the floors away from the roads as you are near an airport and a ro...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bob,

Thank you for posting such a nice review on Trip Advisor ! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we really enjoyed hosting you and your group.

I am so glad you found our service impeccable, that is what we love to hear. I will share your comments with my team, I know they will be delighted to hear you had a brilliant experience.

Thank you for being a loyal Marriott customer. I hope that if future business meetings develop in the Dallas area we may once again have the opportunity to be your host.
Kenora, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Airline missed a connection in Dallas on the way to Chile. AA put us up in the Marriott with a handful of meal vouchers. We really enjoyed our overnight stop. Had a chance to rest before the 13 hour overnight flight the next day. (In hindsight, spending a night mid-way on a long haul like that is a pretty good strategy.) I guess this is like all the other Marriotts but nonetheless it was a really nice place to stay. Big rooms (this is Texas), clean, great staff.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent unplanned stay at the DFW Airport Marriott.

We know that travelling can be very stressful at the best of times, so I am glad to hear that we made your stay enjoyable and you were able to get some rest before you started your journey on to Chile.

I do hope that if travels bring you back to our area, you will give us the opportunity to once again be your host.
Elgin, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I was traveling from Houston to Oklahoma city, and this is a stop. I arrived near midnight, planning to move out 10 hours later.

The bar waitress is extremely friendly and helpful to me, heated my dinner and gave my girl a glass of milk (they did not have milk in hotel shop)

I called service and asked if there is complimentary internet. The girl looked at my profile and told me I was eligible. Then ske kindly walked through connection with me, selecting $12.99 option, and told me it will be waived when I checked out.

When I checked out next morning, i noticed the internet charge, so i explained to Brandelyn, who was the supervisor. She said that was not possible and did not believe me because i cannot provide the girl's name. There was only one female clerk last night, but she refused to let me know her name. At the end she said she will talk to her night people and see who did this.

She tried to give me a lesson about membership and told me i was only silver and did not qualify.

I'm not sure how she was trained by Marriott to treat client, but her wording is really offensive.

Otherwise, the hotel was nice but typical. Room was very clean, carpet was like new, and bed was very comfortable.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent visit to the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott.

Please accept my apology for the inaccurate information you received regarding the cost of high speed internet for our Marriott Reward members. Complimentary high speed internet access is a benefit that is available to our Platinum and Gold Marriott Reward members. It currently is not a benefit associated with other levels. I am disappointed to hear how we handled the situation when you checked out. As we had originally given you the wrong information, we should have been much more understanding to the situation.

I have shared your feedback with my Front Office Manager as your experience shows there is an opportunity for additional training about the membership benefits and how to respond in these situations where we’ve made a mistake.

Should your travels bring you back to the Dallas Fort Worth area, I hope you’ll give us another chance to provide the service you have come to expect from Marriott Hotels and Resorts.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Have a good weekend!
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

A good, clean hotel close to DFW. The room was clean and comfortable and well furnished. The people were super friendly. There was plenty of free parking. The restaurant was good, try the stuffed shrimp, yummy. The gym is large, modern, and clean. There is an outdoor and indoor pool. I was there for business and my wife joined me. She enjoyed herself. One drawback is no free wi fi in the rooms; time for them to join this century. I would return even though a little on the expensive side.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review.

I am glad you found the room clean and comfortable. It is always nice to receive such positive comments about our hotel, staff service and our new food and beverage outlet. I will be sure to share your comments with my team during our next staff meeting.

We hope to be your host again in the near future.
Ulm, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Conveneintly located near the Airport DFW, the Marriott is absolutely exchangeable with hundreds of other Marriotts. Staff satisfactorily friendly, food average (true for breakfast buffett as well as for meeting lunch buffet). Prices reasonable. For one meeting you can stand it but I would really look for something else if I were to hold a number of meetings in this area. What is nice is the complimentary shuttle service to the terminals which runs 24/7 every 30 min. Rooms are reasonably equipped and clean.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Juretennis1
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 11 February 2014

I am glad you found our staff friendly and our rooms well equipped and clean. You are absolutely right with regard to our airport shuttle, it is very convenient for our guests and definitely makes travelling a little less stressful.

If future travels bring you back to the Great State of Texas, we would be delighted to be your host again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Grand Hyatt DFW
#2 of 200 in Dallas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,035 reviews
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!