“Cosy”

Ranked #18 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Singapore, Singapore
“Cosy”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Overall good and comfortable. Good size room - no in-room safety deposit box - something which I thought was rather fundamental. Hope they will fix it. First hotel I have come across in quite a few years to not have this facility. Service was good. Staff polite. Short distance from the airport. I did not managed to use the hotel bus to get to the hotel so had to pay the taxi driver quite a bit. So best to find out about the courtesy van between the hotel and the airport. It is not exactly next to toe airport and therefore don't expect to walk there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent visit. I am glad that you found the hotel comfortable and our staff polite.

I am sorry you were not able to utilize our complimentary shuttle service. Our shuttle to the airport departs from the hotel on the hour and half hour. If you are arriving from the airport, we ask our guests to call the hotel from the courtesy phone in the terminal; our hotel shuttle will arrive in 20 mins for less.

I do hope you’ll give us the opportunity to once again be your host if travel brings you back to the Dallas area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Cheshire
Reviewed 8 June 2014

A nice clean hotel, and the staff are friendly. There's lovely pool area and a gym, but there's a $12.95 charge for internet in the room per 24 hours, however I did not get the full 24 hour service. I logged on at 08:35 one morning, and when I tried to log on at 8am the next morning I was already kicked out. The food is expensive too. I was also ill in the night following my evening meal there. It had to be their food as I hadn't eaten anywhere else that day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I appreciate the feedback and am glad to hear you found our staff friendly and enjoyed the pool and gym.

My Food & Beverage Director, Klaus Meier, would be very interested to learn more about your dining experience with us. If you have a moment to reach out to him, his direct number is 972-929-6563.

Thank you again for posting a review, we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very nice room indeed. Very good restaurant. Bar was extremely busy and seems to attract a lot of non-hotel guests which makes it very vibrant. reception staff very friendly. Free computer in reception to hall to retrieve airlines reservations and print boarding passes - a great time-saver.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Richfield, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed for a couple of nights because I was in Dallas for work. I stayed Thursday and Friday nights. I was suppose to come in about 10:30 pm, but with tornadoes and weather, I did not make the hotel until after 1:00 am. I only bring that up because when I checked in the clerk was the friendliest person in the world (even at that time), but I got the impression that she was not totally sure what to do with me. There apparently are different levels of rooms and I sensed that she was not sure what room to give me (whether I went up or down from what I was suppose to get). I ended up with a room in one of the "peaks" of the hotel (the hotel is in a shape of a weird triangle) so I got a room that really did not have a right angle in it.... felt strange. Room was comfortable however. They have a great breakfast offering, omelets made to order and all sorts of fruits and yogurt. I felt the service was very good and they have a shuttle that will take you to the airport (even at 5:00 am which I needed on the way home). I sensed that everyone did their jobs with the idea that I (the customer) was the reason they were working and all wanted to make sure I had everything I needed.
The online reservation is the only thing that sucks. I had reserved the room for Friday (the night I had to get up early) so I could have a short jaunt to the airport. I was able to reserve the room for a special rate. When I tried to find a different room for the Thursday (closer to my work site) I could not get one. I went back to CHANGE my reservation and I could not edit or change my reservation. I had to make a second reservation and then the rate I had just gotten 10 minutes before, I could NOT get again.. Why? No matter who I tried to talk to, I ended up paying almost double for the same room for Thursday...

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The service and welcoming ways were a plus. Everyone was very helpful and so accommodating.
The bar area was very nice and all food that we had was delicious. I was there on business and breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon snack were furnished.m

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to post such a nice review after your recent stay with us.

Our staff takes pride in providing a quality experience to all our guests, so I will be sure to pass along your comments to them.

We hope to see you back in the near future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you are going to Dallas/Fort Worth on business this is a good hotel for your meetings and conferences. Large space, well appointed. Rooms are clean, nicely decorated, large bathroom. The food was excellent. Most hotel food, especially for large groups, tends to be mediocre. One night there was racks of roast beef and a raw bar. Another night there was a large whole fish and beef. Good variety of luncheon food - Tex-Mex, southern, etc.

Room Tip: Try asking for a room with a view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay at our hotel.

I have shared your comments regarding food options during your stay with our culinary team. They were delighted to know that you enjoyed the variety of entrees prepared for your meeting.

We hope that if future travels bring you back to the Dallas area, we can once again be your host.
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First class luxury after long haul flight. Hotel shuttle bus leaves door to door. Excellent breakfast next morning. Beds very comfortable and top range complimentary toiletries. Would have liked longer to chill but was on business trip.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review after your recent stay with us.

I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and found it comfortable and luxurious after a long flight. I have shared your feedback with my team who were happy to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Many of our guests enjoy the convenience of our hotel shuttle, it definitely takes some of the stress out of traveling.

We look forward to welcoming you back if future travels bring you to the Dallas area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hyatt Regency DFW
Grand Hyatt DFW
#2 of 203 in Dallas
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!