“Close your eyes and your at any Marriott” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott

Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
Ranked #17 of 77 Hotels in Irving
charlotte
“Close your eyes and your at any Marriott”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is your classic Marriott. The hotel itself is older but they have updated the rooms. They are larger than average and boast comfortable beds and LCD TV's. The shower had great water pressure and customer service at the property was fine.

I can't say anything was over the top, but for what it is...very nice. The food was typical as well...had both snacks and breakfast. I would leverage UBER for transportation because it's inexpensive and always close because of the airport. There are a couple of malls with food choices very close.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this marriott for a week on business not my first time here but will never stay at this property again. 1st off the hotel rooms need a major update very old looking. 2nd the staff is up and down some were great but others completely rude which made u forget that some were nice. The restaurant downstairs is the same way good food and service on day 2 but so bad the next day didn't go back also let's be honest the food is way overpriced. Overall I'm just not happy with this location anymore I've stayed at many Marriott properties including the Ritz Carlton and JW Marriott and the vacation clubs and even the courtyard and Fairfield Inn and this was most definitely the worst service I had received at any of these properties

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Armymedic15
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review.

I apologize for your less than satisfactory stay and am disappointed to hear that we did not provide consistently good service that you have come to expect from Marriott Hotels and Resorts.

If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, I’d love to hear from you. You can reach me through the hotel main telephone number, 972-929-8800.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel! The rooms were well appointed and clean. Everyone was very professional and pleasant. The pool, hot tub and gym were nice and well kept (with fresh lemon water and apples). When we departed, we forgot a back back with some valuable items. We called and the staff quickly located the items and made arrangements to have them sent to us. Thanks for a great and relaxing week.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Airport shuttle pickup is inefficient. I was told no more than 20 mins and it was 30. Another guy told me he waited over an hour. Rooms are decent size but phone wasn't working and wifi is incredibly slow everywhere throughout the building. Even the one dedicated to our conference was poor. Gym is decent sized and sufficient and food was good though a bit expensive for room service (expect a $20-30 minimum bill).

Aside from my co worker getting hassled about getting the corporate rate while checking in, the staff was helpful but overall this hotel needs to do a better job catering to business travelers who are the hulk of their guests.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I certainly appreciate your feedback regarding your shuttle pickup experience. We strive to provide our guests with an excellent arrival experience and I apologize we did not achieve this for you. Please also accept my apologies for the slow internet. We are currently in the process of completely replacing our system infrastructure as well as upgrading the circuit for additional bandwidth. I am confident this will provide our guests with a much improved internet experience.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed our gym facilities and our dining options.

We appreciate you being a loyal Marriott guest and hope if you travel back to the Dallas area you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.
Durango, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here because it was close to the airport and we had a very early morning flight. Since we were hungry I was delighted that there were many nearby restaurants if you have a car. WE wanted Italian food and the front desk recommended a place nearby that was very good. Beds were awesome. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: They put us on an "all-women's" floor which I've never seen before but it does giv...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and were able to get a good night’s rest. Our front office staff will be happy to know that you enjoyed their dining recommendation.

We look forward to having you back as our guest in the near future.
New York, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

This has to be among the worst run properties in the chain.

The internet clocks in at speeds of less than half a megabit per second… for hours on end… and then times out. I tried to send one email for over a hour and fifteen minutes before giving up. When you speak to the MOD about it, she says, “Yes, we know, that always happens at this time [meaning peak hours of usage between 6 and 10 PM]. We’re trying to get a new provider.” Well, good luck with that, as Marriott has service from Ibahn at every property I’ve ever stayed in. And they deliver a terrible product at every single property.

Her solution? Try again after 11 PM.

I did. And it wasn’t any better.

It should be noted that in response to complaints about the internet, the GM of this hotel commented on a review in February of this year that the DFW Airport Marriott North was embarking on a capital improvement project "that will completely replace our system infrastructure as well as upgrade the circuit for additional bandwidth. We expect this to be implemented in either April or May of this year.”

it’s now mid-June and the project hasn’t begun.

There are many other things wrong with the DFW North Marriott (including the quality of the room service food), but there are also some very nice things, too. Unfortunately, I won’t be telling you about any of those. Why? Because it’s 2014. And if you don’t have reliable high speed internet service to offer your guests, you don’t have a viable lodging product. Shame on Marriott for allowing this travesty of a hotel to continue operating. And charging $12.95 to unsuspecting guests for “premium” internet that the hotel knows doesn’t work properly is downright criminal.

Even though I have an office within walking distance of the hotel, and a negotiated corporate rate, I won’t be staying here again… I can’t afford to! It’s not the price of the room, which is relatively reasonable. It’s that I can’t afford to lose contact with the outside world for days on end.

2 Thank UKstages
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent experience at our hotel.

I understand how important the internet is in today’s business world as well as for personal communication. Please accept my sincere apology for the poor connectivity you experienced.

Unfortunately the high speed upgrade project that I had mentioned in a posting back in February had been delayed due to some issues that were out of our control. The good news is that I have personally met with the installer this week and they are scheduled to be on property June 30th to start implementation, with a completion date of towards the end of July. I am confident that upgrading the entire infrastructure along with increasing the bandwidth will give our guests a much improved internet experience. Our new vendor is Swisscom who I understand is very well received by our guests.

I am very sorry about the inconvenience and do hope you will give us the opportunity to be your host again later on this year.
Woodstock, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel was very noisy the night we stayed here, in a hotel this large and on the higher end price wise, i expected a bit more. Drink machines only took debit cards which i do not like. They did allow us early check in which is the only reason I gave an average review. Parking was horrible too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa S
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share your feedback after your recent visit to the hotel.

I am glad we were able to accommodate you with an early check in, but I was disappointed that overall you did not enjoy your visit. I believe you may have our guest during one of the busiest weekends of the month; we had several large groups in-house for the George Strait concert, IRL Racing and a private function. With so many guests, our parking lot which can hold approximately 750 cars, was unusually full. This may have been why the hotel appeared noisy as well.

We strive to deliver an excellent experience to all our guests, and I am sorry that we did not achieve this during your visit. I do hope you will consider being our guest again if travel brings you back to the Dallas area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Grand Hyatt DFW
#2 of 200 in Dallas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,035 reviews
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!