“Just one night, and that was just fine..”

Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
Ranked #17 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Phoenix, Arizona
“Just one night, and that was just fine..”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Flying from PHX to Miami, had a layover and aside from the location, the property was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Dinner was ok, not too pricey, drinks were weak.. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. As a traveler, I'd stay here again if I were stopping in DFW.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank daniel s
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent visit.

I am delighted that you found our hotel clean, quiet and comfortable. We appreciate you staying with us and will look forward to welcoming you back on future trips to the Dallas area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was traveling to Ft. Worth for a Monday morning business trip so I arrived on a Sunday at the Marriott. I am giving it 5 stars for all the reasons below.

If you fly to Dallas, you know there is a SOUTH and NORTH part of everything. Rental cars, hotels, parking. So very core to your arrival is understanding which direction you are going. Seems simple but every single person who stopped at the courtesy vans was asked the same question. South or North.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CONTACT the hotel if you need a ride from the airport. Shuttles are not running every 10 minutes or in any frequency that was obvious. The Marriott also recommends you call.

Arrival and check in was easy, courteous and efficient. I was offered a higher room in the Marriott (17th floor) which was wonderful. I also had concierge room access - which had a nice dinner and breakfast in the morning including eggs, oatmeal and every bread, pastry and yogurt/fruit you could imagine.

I had dinner at the onsite Urban Spur. Had the opportunity to talk to a few people who were dining alone at the bar - and low and behold - they lived 3 miles from me. Talk about a small world. The bar server was very friendly and offered suggestions for what was good. Try the taco and tostada appetizer. I had the tuna which was ok, but that was because their famed Prime rib is only served during the week. Not Sunday.

I read reviews - and I did not think the rooms were dated, so you can probably check that with the front desk when arriving or booking. My room was spacious and VERY QUIET for being across from an airport. I really never heard any planes. I have stayed in hotels near airports and highways before which were very NOISY - this one is NOT one of them. I had a great night sleep.

I was awake at 5 - as usual and had a urgent request for a quick printing job - but needed color. When I called downstairs, Donisia offered to print my presentation at the front desk since the business center is only black and white. She was a savior. As I was waiting for Donisia to finish, Michael the night manager was at the front desk congratulating one of his employees. A bellman who someone mentioned. He thanked him for his great job. I asked him - what did you do - he said I did my job mam. I helped the guests. Well, that was it. The ladies behind the reception desk were smiling and enjoying their job at 7am in the morning. That says alot to me.

Thank you Michael, Donisia and staff. I had a wonderful stay and will be back.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms were very nice.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lori S
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Lori S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Dallas.

I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and took the opportunity to write such a nice review. Our goal is to provide excellent service to all our guests and your feedback reinforces that we are doing just that. We are very fortunate to have Donisia and Michael on our team and I will make sure they are recognized for providing such great service.

We look forward to being your host next time you are in the Dallas area.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed overnight and the room was great ,clean ,had everything we needed. When we were checking in, these two ladies gave us an excellent service .Sorry I didn't get their names but it was very late and we were very, very tired. One of the ladies was a manager .I'll make sure next time to get the names , because you don't get service like that very often.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a 5 star review after your recent visit to our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you had a good arrival experience, and that you enjoyed your brief stay with us. I will share your feedback with my front office team who will be happy to know they made a difference.

We look forward to having you back as our guest in the near future.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Spent one night here for business check I'm was eay and staff was friendly. Rooms are older but clean and comfortable. I was on the 16 th floor and had a great deal of road noise that made it hard to sleep also the wifi is very slow and would cut out

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review.

I am glad you found our staff friendly and your guestroom clean and comfortable. I apologize for the slow internet service you experienced. However, I am pleased to let you know that over the past couple of weeks we have installed a complete replacement of the infrastructure. In addition, a new circuit has been installed to substantially increase the bandwidth and we have also converted to a new provider. This enhanced service will provide greater connectivity, reliability and improved speed for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the Dallas area.
charlotte
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is your classic Marriott. The hotel itself is older but they have updated the rooms. They are larger than average and boast comfortable beds and LCD TV's. The shower had great water pressure and customer service at the property was fine.

I can't say anything was over the top, but for what it is...very nice. The food was typical as well...had both snacks and breakfast. I would leverage UBER for transportation because it's inexpensive and always close because of the airport. There are a couple of malls with food choices very close.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this marriott for a week on business not my first time here but will never stay at this property again. 1st off the hotel rooms need a major update very old looking. 2nd the staff is up and down some were great but others completely rude which made u forget that some were nice. The restaurant downstairs is the same way good food and service on day 2 but so bad the next day didn't go back also let's be honest the food is way overpriced. Overall I'm just not happy with this location anymore I've stayed at many Marriott properties including the Ritz Carlton and JW Marriott and the vacation clubs and even the courtyard and Fairfield Inn and this was most definitely the worst service I had received at any of these properties

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Armymedic15
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review.

I apologize for your less than satisfactory stay and am disappointed to hear that we did not provide consistently good service that you have come to expect from Marriott Hotels and Resorts.

If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, I’d love to hear from you. You can reach me through the hotel main telephone number, 972-929-8800.
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel! The rooms were well appointed and clean. Everyone was very professional and pleasant. The pool, hot tub and gym were nice and well kept (with fresh lemon water and apples). When we departed, we forgot a back back with some valuable items. We called and the staff quickly located the items and made arrangements to have them sent to us. Thanks for a great and relaxing week.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Grand Hyatt DFW
Grand Hyatt DFW
#2 of 203 in Dallas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,095 reviews

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!