“Quick Business Trip”

Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
Ranked #18 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night due to its proximity to the airport. Getting out of the airport was a bit of a crazy trip at night, but I digress... :)

The lobby was bustling at 10pm for a weeknight and the bar looked nice. Parking was hard to come by near the front of the hotel at night.

I asked for a room on a high floor, as they're usually a bit cleaner and quieter. The room was fine, but needed a good coat of paint and a deep clean. The bathroom had a lot of dirt in corners and mold in the shower. The A/C was hard to control. Also, the lamp next to the bed made an obnoxiously loud noise when it was on (I told the front desk about it and they were very polite). Unlike a previous poster, I had a mini-fridge in the corner, next to a couch and desk.

Major positives: I really couldn't hear the airplanes in my room, the bathroom toiletries were awesome, and I had a lovely breakfast downstairs (not the buffet, just a regular omelette). It's the little joys when you travel every week.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and are glad to hear you found our lobby atmosphere okay. We would like to share that we do have a limited supply of refrigerators upon requests should you happen to return in the future.

My Director of Services, Ikram, would be very interested to learn more about your room cleanliness experience with us. If you have a moment to reach out to her, she can be reached at 972-929-8800.

Thank you again for posting a review, we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here on an August weekend (15-17 Aug 2014) on a visit from Memphis. We were using expiring airline miles to fly to DFW and spend a summer weekend before the onslaught of a busy late summer/fall schedule. We had stayed at this property twice before, once in Sept. 2011 for almost a full week and later in Jan. 2012 on a weekend visit to attend the Caravaggio exhibit at Kimbell Art Museum in Ft. Worth. We love this location, just off S.R. 114 on Freeport Parkway. The site is easy to reach from DFW. The site allows one to easily drive to the Galleria area along I-635, to the Market Center area via 114, or to downtown. On this trip, we drove to the George W. Bush Presidential Library for a long visit on Saturday, had dinner in the Market Center area Saturday night, and enjoyed an afternoon in Highland Park and University Park Sunday afternoon. Since our last visit here, the dining areas have been extensively and beautifully remodelled. Now they are open, modern, and very comfortable. We loved a late Friday night meal at Urban Spur. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the same area on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. I used the well-equipped and fairly spacious fitness center late Saturday night. Our room on the 15th floor is thoughtfully arranged and well furnished. The bed is very comfortable. The bathroom is moderately sized but is stocked with excellent products. Parking is free, and there is a convenient side entrance to the hotel from the parking lot at the side of the hotel facing Royal Lane. We will most definitely stay at this hotel again since it meets our needs very well. Front desk staff and all of the wait staff with whom we interacted were superb.

Room Tip: Our room on the 15th floor was very close to the elevators, but we did not notice any noise from the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review after your recent visit.

We were delighted to hear that you chose to stay with us again. We truly appreciate all your nice comments about the hotel and our staff.

I am glad that you had a fun experience exploring Dallas and all it has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Checking into the Marriott DFW was easy using the Marriott mobile app. My room key was ready on arrival and the room perfect. Very clean comfortable room spacious and bright. We had several meals at the restaurant in the hotel which were well prepared and served by friendly gracious servers. Loved having a Starbucks coffee bar in the lobby.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent visit to our hotel.

We very much value your business and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back to your “home away from home” very soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Overall experience not bad. Will
Stay again because of location and maybe if the minor issues I have will be resolved
Rooms clean and comfy. Staff was awesome, chatty and helpful if you had any questions

However Bar & Food is pricey.
There is extra charges of " some tax" which was a surprise. I think they should include that in the charges
Another thing the paying for "wifi" in the room but free in the lobby that is RIDICOULOUS. Come on, if Starbucks has free wifi or your lobby does why not in the rooms.
Last issue was that in my room there was no fridge. You are in Texas it's hot which means a fridge is a necessity like the bed especially for the amount you are paying for the room

Jackie (Toronto,Canada)

• Stayed: August 2014
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

I appreciate the feedback and am glad to hear you found our staff helpful and our rooms clean and comfortable. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations with the pricing of the services we provide.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the Dallas area.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Flying from PHX to Miami, had a layover and aside from the location, the property was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Dinner was ok, not too pricey, drinks were weak.. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. As a traveler, I'd stay here again if I were stopping in DFW.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank daniel s
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent visit.

I am delighted that you found our hotel clean, quiet and comfortable. We appreciate you staying with us and will look forward to welcoming you back on future trips to the Dallas area.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was traveling to Ft. Worth for a Monday morning business trip so I arrived on a Sunday at the Marriott. I am giving it 5 stars for all the reasons below.

If you fly to Dallas, you know there is a SOUTH and NORTH part of everything. Rental cars, hotels, parking. So very core to your arrival is understanding which direction you are going. Seems simple but every single person who stopped at the courtesy vans was asked the same question. South or North.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CONTACT the hotel if you need a ride from the airport. Shuttles are not running every 10 minutes or in any frequency that was obvious. The Marriott also recommends you call.

Arrival and check in was easy, courteous and efficient. I was offered a higher room in the Marriott (17th floor) which was wonderful. I also had concierge room access - which had a nice dinner and breakfast in the morning including eggs, oatmeal and every bread, pastry and yogurt/fruit you could imagine.

I had dinner at the onsite Urban Spur. Had the opportunity to talk to a few people who were dining alone at the bar - and low and behold - they lived 3 miles from me. Talk about a small world. The bar server was very friendly and offered suggestions for what was good. Try the taco and tostada appetizer. I had the tuna which was ok, but that was because their famed Prime rib is only served during the week. Not Sunday.

I read reviews - and I did not think the rooms were dated, so you can probably check that with the front desk when arriving or booking. My room was spacious and VERY QUIET for being across from an airport. I really never heard any planes. I have stayed in hotels near airports and highways before which were very NOISY - this one is NOT one of them. I had a great night sleep.

I was awake at 5 - as usual and had a urgent request for a quick printing job - but needed color. When I called downstairs, Donisia offered to print my presentation at the front desk since the business center is only black and white. She was a savior. As I was waiting for Donisia to finish, Michael the night manager was at the front desk congratulating one of his employees. A bellman who someone mentioned. He thanked him for his great job. I asked him - what did you do - he said I did my job mam. I helped the guests. Well, that was it. The ladies behind the reception desk were smiling and enjoying their job at 7am in the morning. That says alot to me.

Thank you Michael, Donisia and staff. I had a wonderful stay and will be back.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms were very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lori S
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Lori S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Dallas.

I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and took the opportunity to write such a nice review. Our goal is to provide excellent service to all our guests and your feedback reinforces that we are doing just that. We are very fortunate to have Donisia and Michael on our team and I will make sure they are recognized for providing such great service.

We look forward to being your host next time you are in the Dallas area.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed overnight and the room was great ,clean ,had everything we needed. When we were checking in, these two ladies gave us an excellent service .Sorry I didn't get their names but it was very late and we were very, very tired. One of the ladies was a manager .I'll make sure next time to get the names , because you don't get service like that very often.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bob B, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a 5 star review after your recent visit to our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you had a good arrival experience, and that you enjoyed your brief stay with us. I will share your feedback with my front office team who will be happy to know they made a difference.

We look forward to having you back as our guest in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Hyatt Regency DFW
Hyatt Regency DFW
#27 of 207 in Dallas
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center
Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!