Hampton Inn Dallas/Ft. Worth Airport South
Ranked #43 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here on two different nights while exploring the DFW area. It's in a great location, if you're flying in/out of DFW. Despite it's proximity to the airport, I heard very few planes. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful with directions, etc. Complimentary cookies and popcorn were available in the lobby. The bathroom I had on my first night's stay was sub-par, especially for a Hampton. Some of the flooring base tile was loose, and the caulking around the tub area was either missing or moldy in places (notified staff upon my departure). On my second stay, my closet door was very difficult to open/close. In the morning, the juice machine in the breakfast area did not work. There appeared to be only one elevator for this 4-story hotel, but I never had to wait long for it. Overall it wasn't bad, but the little things add-up after long days of travel. Because of the location,I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great location, nice facility - quite an enjoyable stay. Was greeted with complementary cookie and drink - slept well and enjoyed the pool and breakfast quite a bit. Was just a quick overnight but the proximity to the airport made it a good place - and the proximity to both dallas and fort worth made it great for meeting friends

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Our family of five stayed at this hotel with seven other families for a week while in town for a baseball tournament. The price was awesome for what we got! Our room was on the third floor right by the elevator. We loved the layout of the hotel & rooms. The atrium was fun for the kids. In the room the living room, wet bar area with sink, fridge & microwave helped ease the cramped feeling you get with most hotels when staying a long time. The rooms were clean & spacious & that's saying a lot when you have a 3yo, a 7yo & a 9yo in one room!

Others had a lot of what seemed like party noise on the 2nd floor during the night, but we never had a problem on the 3rd floor even though we were by the elevator & atrium.

The lobby was big & we spent a lot of time there with our group of parents & kids. Coffee, tea & hot chocolate was available all day. Weeknights they had cookies at the front desk.

The breakfast was fine for most people. Typical eggs, bacon, waffles, baked goods & cereal. I'm a healthy eater, so I brought my own food or just had eggs & fruit every day.

Our kids & dads had a great time in the pool. It was clean & there was plenty of seating for me to watch.

The beds weren't super deluxe plush, but were comfy enough. The pillows were plentiful & soft. After sitting in the heat watching the boys play baseball all day we slept like rocks! The couch bed was very springy but my boys didn't notice. I couldn't have slept on it comfortably.

The rooms seemed warmer than what the thermostat stated & we couldn't lower it. I like to be cold when I sleep, but it was an ok temp.

The hotel does make you use a key to enter at night. Entry from the back requires a key all day. Great feature.

The Aspen restaurant next door is wonderful! We ate there twice. We also ordered xl pizzas from Vito's a couple times & fed a crowd for cheap.

The lady who works in the kitchen is very friendly. I wasn't too excited about the guys who worked the desk. They just stared at us & had nothing to say ever. The girls at the front were much more friendly. I'm sure they don't see large groups of kids that often being an airport hotel. They all seemed to handle it well, though. I'd definitely stay at this location again if we come back for baseball

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Pleasant stay at this airport hotel, mostly because the staff was so friendly and attentive. In addition to the staff, highlights were the nice breakfast, good location near several restaurants, and a quick and easy complimentary shuttle the airport. I will likely return on my next trip to Dallas.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Would recommend this hotel if travelling from DFW Airport. The staff were very helpful and polite. We had decided to take our hire car back before our flights home the next day, they organised the shuttle bus to collect us after we had checked in and got sorted. The gentleman who drove the shuttle bus was very polite and friendly and he obligingly collected us from the Car Hire building at DFW. The staff recommended where to eat and we also got a discount voucher, the restaurant did not disappoint. The rooms were very comfortable and had everything to make our stay comfortable. There were free cookies and popcorn available in the reception area of the Hotel as well as tea/coffee.The breakfast was excellent providing a variety of hot and cold food. We got the shuttle bus promptly the next morning in very good time ready for our flights back to the UK. We would like to thank the staff for an enjoyable stay and for all your help in making our stay relaxing and stress free.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My actual room and bathroom were a definite step up from the hallways and lobby. They were nicely furnished and the bathroom was on the larger side. Don't be fooled by this small hotel's modest lobby and hallways, the rooms were great. Friendly staff. Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We joined Hampton years ago for their consistency. Superb places to stay for all-around excellence.

What we liked about this hotel:
1. Typical Hampton quality, with issues like clean duvet covers on the bed for each new guest.
2. Great breakfast.
3. Very convenient to the airport with a free shuttle service. Only about 10 minutes.
4. A restaurant next door.
5. Very comfortable beds and friendly staff.

What we didn't like:
1. It appears that the carpet in the hallways is new and looks great. It appears, though, that the staff doesn't vacuum it very well, or very often. Too bad.
2. The AC, while it worked, didn't work very well. In fact, the wall controller didn't work at all. We couldn't get it to do anything. We reported it, so hopefully it will be fixed.
3. This appears to be a somewhat older hotel. The lobby seems updated, but the office area seemed neglected. Not very typical of a Hampton. Nothing wrong with the rooms, though. Very comfortable beds!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business