“Typical Hampton”

Ranked #40 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Austin, Texas
“Typical Hampton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

We were in town for the FSU vs OSU football game. Overall a good hotel. Typical Hampton. Breakfast has hot options and is good quality food. The staff we came across was friendly. The shower pressure was good and water hot. Ice and Coke vending on every floor. Shares a parking lot with restaurant next door so that is a bit odd. Not a reason not to stay here. Price for what we got was great. Can be difficult to get to if not familiar with the area. Our GPS had us coming in a back way that was really different. I think it is because of the toll roads etc. If back in the area would stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We made good use of the Airport Shuttle.
The Hotel is quiet. The staff is friendly and helpful.
My wife wasn't feeling well and the staff was extremely helpful and caring.
Breakfast was the same quality as any other Hampton Inn.
We are glad we stayed here.

The Suites are nice , yet they would be better if there was a curtain or accordion door between the bedroom and the suite area as a sound and privacy buffer.

The restaurant next door is extremely convenient.

Thanks to everybody there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the hallway (not with an atrium view) as some sound from the lobby might drift up.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Burke, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I was stuck in Dallas due to an airline cancellation. The staff went beyond typical expectations to accommodate me. The manager was kind and helpful at the end of a long, stressful day. The room was immaculate and I slept great because the bed was so comfortable. I have been staying at Hampton Inns for 14 years. I have never had a bad experience, but the hospitality at this location was truly overwhelming. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had a very long day of traveling home from overseas, and due to some airline delays, I didn't get to my room at this hotel until midnight. I had to leave at 6 a.m. to catch the last leg of my trip home, and almost felt like it wasn't worth the money at that point to just stay there for 6 hours. It was absolutely worth my money. The beds are comfortable, the staff is very friendly and helpful, the coffee is good, etc. I'm a broke grad student, so I'm really picky with how I spend my money. But I would absolutely pay to stay here again, even for just a few hours.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Oceanside, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel was very easy to get to. Well kept and very quiet. It was a "packed house" but none the less, very quiet. The amenities were great. Customer service was really great as well. We would definitely stay there again when we visit.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I was promptly picked up by the complimentary airport shuttle. Check-in was quick and easy. This location has done a nice job in keeping an older property updated. The lobby looked freshly renovated. There is new, plush carpeting in the corridors. The 2 queen beds room was a little tight on space, but it worked for 2 adults and a 7 year old. The room and bathroom were very clean. When my shaving cream was confiscated by TSA, I was able to get a sample replacement from the front desk. Breakfast was typical for a hampton property. Breakfast items, including utensils, were getting scarce the final 1/2 hour of the breakfast hour. Six Flags Over Texas was a short 15 minute drive. There are plenty of fast food and casual dining restaurants on the same road. If you ask, the front desk will give you a 10% off coupon for the Aspen Creek restaurant next door. This was a very enjoyable stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Lutz FL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Great staff, comfortable room, and awesome shuttle driver! The cookies were delicious, of course. Close to quite a few choices of places to eat, and I wish I had time to go shopping across the road! I expected to hear more airport noise, but I heard nothing in my room. Clean room and large desk where I worked almost the whole time I was there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business