“Great Place for Families”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas / Irving / Las Colinas
Ranked #46 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Fantastic hotel, great for a large family to all fit into one suite instead of 2 rooms. The hotel appears to be old apartments (multiple buildings) that were transformed into hotel suites, though the desk clerk was unsure. My only complaint was that it was quite a walk to get from the parking lot to the building for our room with a lot of up and down stairs, since the buildings seemed to be on a hilly area. Other than that, very clean, comfortable, quiet, and fantastic staff!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I would highly recommend staying at Homewood Suites, Irving. I came here on a business assignment and stayed for 8 nights. This definitely meets highest standards. Complementary breakfast and evening social is nice. Internet connection is also good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My overall stay was nice. The toilet in my suite was too close to the wall. The sitting area furniture wasn't the best but I loved the bedrooms. They slept great! The landscape was beautiful! The children enjoyed the pool and basketball area.......would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The room was clean, staff was great, amenities were great. The room we had needed updating and it was warm. Also the room was very musty smelling. Air conditioner was not working the best. Room. 149 and 151. It was easy to park and location was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Thank g65228 .
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This Homewood has been around for as long as I can remember. It was probably one of the first. The decor is dated, obviously some issues with the stairs and sidewalks due to movement of soil in Las Colinas, so be careful when walking. Staff is super nice, the rooms are clean, bed is comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I've been living in Homewood Suites for the last couple years (I travel for work roughly 2 weeks a month). This hotel lacked some of the things I've come to expect from Homewoods. The hotel staff wasn't unfriendly, but they definitely weren't as friendly as I'm used to. I'll admit, while the "Welcome Home!" I'm greeted with every time I walk in to my usual Homewood in Houston sometimes gets annoying, it seemed like the staff here avoided any interaction with the guest unless absolutely required.

The rooms were outdated - the microwave looked like it was from the 80's and didn't have a spinning tray, the stove had only one functioning burner, and the fridge was noisy and froze any food on the top half but the sodas on the bottom were barely cold. The air conditioning wasn't as great as I had hoped (Dallas in June is muggy and gross). My husband and I both felt ill (coughing, trouble breathing/asthma) the entire time we were there, and my husband, being an Indoor Air Quality Technician, immediately blamed the air. If they aren't replacing things like the fridge and microwave, which the guest sees, I can only imagine what the HVAC unit and ductwork looks like. The sound barrier between floors was awful - I could hear the little brats upstairs running back and forth all day and night long.

Now, I will give credit where credit is due. The sales manager was very gracious in her one encounter with us. The breakfast and dinner were actually better than many of the other Homewoods I've visited. The washers and dryers were brand new, and the exercise room and home office area were fairly new and well maintained.

Now, I can't complain too much because I didn't ask to be moved - they may have moved me to another building that may have been upgraded, but I seriously doubt it - they all looked similar from the outside and I didn't see obvious signs of remodeling on the property. Most of the issues (like the stove not working or feeling ill) weren't immediately apparent, and with a three month-old, moving after unpacking everything was more trouble than it was worth since it was only a week-long stay. I can say I will not return if I come to Dallas again - I will stay at another Homewood or an Embassy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The location is why I have stayed there, but there are some issues: bed is subpar compared to other Hilton hotels, I had no hot water in my bathroom in the morning, I was overcharged for a snack, fitness facility is small, with substandard equipment and the breakfast options were too limited.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lee S
Homewood-LC, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas / Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2014

Dear Lee S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.