Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, DFW Airport South, TX
US$550
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroom was cleandfw airportalways on timeshuttle serviceindoor poolwaffleshot breakfastwould stay againwithin walking distanceking suitepark and flystayed here for one nightenjoyed my staya great staythe breakfast areafree breakfastfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The shuttle arrived about :20 minutes after I called and the woman at the Front Desk was nice and is a keener. I was upgraded as a Carlson member and shudder to think of what a "standard" room is like. Still, travelling from an island, I was happy for the supply of hot water and the soap lathered well. That being said, I thought I might have chosen a day pass for admirals club rather than using my Carlson points on this room night. The phone was dead, the alarm clock was dead,the carpet and furniture was worn but the sheets were soft enough and I guess the overall experience wasn't too traumatic. After all, I'd had to use MIA bathrooms earlier that day and wait at DFW's less than welcoming shuttle service waiting area, so one's always thankful just to be out of those places - am I right fellow travellers? I used to use my points and/or overnight at Carlson's Park Inn. It's gone, I'm sorry to learn that. I can't recommend this hotel, I did find myself wearing my shoes from the shower to the bed. Unfortunate.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MalibuStace
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have stayed at a Country Inn & Suites in Asheville, NC, and loved it. I booked this location through my credit card rewards program weeks in advance so our family vacation would be planned out. We booked a two queen suite. We arrived at noon and was told our room hadn't been cleaned yet and it would be ready at 3:00 P.M. We had dinner show reservations in Dallas and arrived back at 7:30ish. We were then told by a different person that the hotel only had two housekeepers and they had already left for the day and our room was dirty. We waited while employees went up to various rooms to check for cleanliness and were finally given a key to our room. We walked into the room and the garbage was overflowing, there was soap and dirty towels in the bathroom and a cup sitting out. We went back down and one of the employees told me he would take out the garbage. I said I refused to stay in the room because I don't know if it was cleaned or not: my assumption was that the bathroom had not been cleaned. I had to ask one of the employees to call the manager, who did not answer his phone. I was told sorry, they didn't have another room for us. It was a Sunday night and my travel rewards office was closed, so we were stranded on our family vacation even though we had pre-booked for four nights. Also, there was another man who walked up while we were waiting. He was upset and asking for towels and bed linens because he said his room was not clean. Another woman said her air conditioning had been broken and no one had fixed it yet. We ended up leaving and went to the Fairfield Inn in the same parking lot. The room was alot smaller but they were very nice. I told the front desk clerks our story and they couldn't believe a housekeeping person and at least the manager wouldn't be on stand-by for such emergencies. We had to pay out of pocket for our room. I called the Country Inn Corporate number the next morning and they did pay for our night at the Fairfield Inn. I was in no way going back to the hotel so my rewards program booked us with a Homewood Suites and I couldn't be happier with that hotel. No more Country Inns for us.

2  Thank Ronda D
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, DFW Airport South, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We apologize about the condition of your room and the service you received from our staff. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The best part of this hotel stay was breakfast. The room smelled musty, there was trash (a Cheetos bag and used paper towel) behind the nightstand, the bathtub looked dirty and there was a ring around the inside of the toilet. We stayed on the night of 8/14 and the pool was empty...much to the disappointment of my kids. They failed to tell us this at check in. Also, they charged a higher rate than I had secured when I made the reservation and told me they were unable to assist me with the lower rate at the hotel level (I had the email confirmation of the lower rate). I had to call the Country Inn and Suites guest services to assist me in getting the lower rate. While getting ready to go out, the door opened and much to my surprise and the people who were attempting to come in, they had given my occupied room to someone else. Thankfully, the extra lock was engaged and the other people were unable to completely open the door. The ice machine on the second floor was so dirty that I wouldn't even get ice out of it. I have stayed in Country Inn and Suites in other locations and have always been pleased. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Pay a little more to avoid this hotel.

2  Thank K M
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is an excellent hotel. I would definately recommend it to family and friends. Staff was nice. The rooms were clean. Breakfast was great with a large selection of breakfast items and fruit. If in the area again I will stay here again. My only complaint was the swimming pool area was to warm and to much chlorine in the pool my eyes were burning

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
1  Thank Shacqueline R
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed at Country Inn before but byfar this was the worst. I was there for a weekend trip and stayed at this place since it gave me the best rate of other nearby hotels. Though its renovated, a lot of things are still very run down. We checked in pretty late, but still did not have towels in the room, no creamer for coffee. Dont know how long ago things were refilled or cleaned.
I should have paid a few more $$ and stayed at a better place.
The one thing I like though is the location which is a little off the highway so you dont get all the noise.

2  Thank samsamnj