“Convenient for DFW”

Ranked #26 of 77 Hotels in Irving
UK
“Convenient for DFW”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

So much choice in the area that price is probably the only compelling reason to stay at this hotel. Good sized rooms/suites, average facilities. Car is needed to go anywhere unless you're just overnighting post/pre flight. Small outdoor pool and typical sized gym.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear PJT99,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your stay at our Hotel. We appreciated the time and effort you have taken to inform us of your experience. Guests such as yourself enable us to maintain the high standard of service expected of us. We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Traveled to DFW for a quick overnight trip for meetings at the airport. CHose this hotel, since it was "at the airport" and was substantially cheaper than the Hyatt. One hour after touching down at DFW, I finally reached this hotel. The first sign of trouble was when I first called for pickup, I was told to call back if the shuttle wasn't there in 30 minutes! Then, after calling a second time, he picked me up then proceeded to drive through the other terminals looking for someone to pick up instead of waiting to be dispatched. For the money I saved, I could have been asleep a long time before. Turns out, the hotel outsourced its shuttle service. Service wasn't much better upon the return to the airport the next morning. Felt like I was in a 3rd world country. The hotel itself was okay. Just getting there was the problem. Don't count on their shuttle.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ohtobeinsandiego
Dear Ohtobeinsandiego,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the shuttle service. I will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,
Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Although it's right next to the highway, the rooms were quiet and comfortable. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My husband and I were stuck in Dallas on our way to Honolulu so we spent the night here and it was just fantastic! Much better than the standard Holiday Inn! The service was great, especially a guy name Jeremiah at reception (I hope I got his name correctly) who despite our tiredness after many hours flight we made us smile and so well treated. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank PattiDays
San Jose
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Mark, the manager treated me like a King. The rooms were clean, beautiful and quiet. Will definitely stay next year.

Room Tip: third floor, very quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Farmer City, Illinois
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My company's primary and secondary locations were booked so I had to find an alternate. I knew there was a distance limitation for work shutting from previous hotel calls so the first thing I did here was confirm how far they would travel. They said 5 miles and we both confirmed on Google Maps that my travel distance was 4.5 miles. I told them I'd be at our headquarters at about 9pm after dinner the first night and asked if there would be any problem with picking me up so I could check in. They said that would work, so I booked the room.

I called at 8:50 to get a shuttle and they said they'd be out. They took my number in case they needed it for the driver. I sat outside on a warm evening with my computer and started to try and get some work done while waiting. The time flew by and an hour later I figued I'd better call since they were only 4.5 miles away. The girl at the desk told me they hadn't sent anybody yet because they couldn't find my address, then proceeded to begin to argue with me about whether they should be picking me up at that location stating that their parameter now was which side of the airport you were located and not just distance. Sensing I was about to be stranded on my company's doorstep for the night, I bowed up and convinced her to come get me. A half hour later a driver was there.

Next morning, there were a few shuttles scheduled. Some for airport traffic (I noticed lots of pilots stay here so there is a lot of airport traffic) and others for work traffic. While there was room for more people on the first bus (airport traffic) a few pilots got on our work shuttle so now we had to go to the airport too. I got to work 5 minutes late because of this, but something else struck me. The last work passenger to get off before me was let off a mile south of my headquarters, or approximately 5.5 miles from the hotel.

Also, there's really only one restaurant within walking distance and it's a cross-country walk to get there, but I really didn't want to take a shuttle again.This would be one star if not for the extremely appologetic and sincere driver that finally came to get me the first night and the friendly and professional man at the desk who I believe gave me a room upgrade.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
dsr1brc,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Irving.

Ben J
IHG Care
South West
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Why spend More?

The only thing you can nitpick about this lace is the plastic plates at breakfast.

The rooms are very good. Clean, warm, comfortable. New bed and bedding. Big tv. Nice bathroom.

I'll be back when I come back to Dallas. The 70 dollars I save per night can be better spent on something else.

• Stayed March 2012