“Great for business needs”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North
Ranked #26 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I needed to return my rental car to the airport, and my husband and I needed a few hours to sleep before returning home from our business trip. We wanted to avoid airport traffic, so the shuttle--they have free shuttles to the airport--took me there and returned me to the hotel and we returned in record time! Thanks to Brandon Lee, my driver, who made it quite pleasant for my husband and I to stay. Just exceptional!

Room Tip: Get something close to the top floor. Business people travel here often, so there are meetings in t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I want you to know how much it means to us that you've taken to the time to share the details of your most recent stay! It is our goal to give you the best experience for the best value and to ensure that you receive five star service. I'm glad you enjoyed your driver and the convenience of our services and accommodations. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I booked this hotel through one of the more popular online bidding websites. In the past, the hotels the I've booked for similar prices have ranged from bad to very good. This is one of the really good ones and I was thrilled to walk in through the nice and comfortable lobby and on to my great spacious room after checking in with a semi-friendly receptionist.

The bathroom had a bath and a convenient shower stall--no dealing with cramped curtained shower space in the bathtub. The room had a couch that pulls out to a bed. It had a refrigerator and a microwave. The microwave did not work but after calling the front desk, it was immediately replaced with a working unit in about 10 minutes.

Facility had a gym and a pool although the pool was closed for the season.

The thing that surprised me the most is the breakfast. Awesome! Although the serving staff was a bit withdrawn, this was most certainly one of the best hotel breakfasts I've eaten. A different fare every day. The breakfast itself made the stay worth it.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers. Next time I'm in the area (which is around 3 to 4 times a year), I would skip the bidding online and book somewhere else, perhaps through TripAdvisor.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you so much for all of your kind comments and your thorough review of our Holiday Inn Express! We work hard to give each guest a one of a kind experience with top quality service and accommodations! It is so rewarding to hear from guests who have appreciated these efforts. Thank you for sharing! Be sure to come back when the pool is open!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night for my birthday. We got a great deal online. The room was very comfortable and clean. I shocked at how low the noise was considering we were so close to the airport. I am a light sleeper and the airport noise was no problem. We didn't leave once we arrived, we ate before we checked in. The breakfast bar the next morning was very good, had a great selection of food and eating area was very clean. I highly recommend this hotel. We had a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

We are so excited to read your review and rating of our hotel. Thank you for recognizing the comfort and cleanliness of your room as well as the choices for breakfast. Our staff members work hard to ensure that we give you the best service we possibly can. To read that you had a happy and memorable experience during your stay gives us more motivation and great pleasure. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night, we had a 24hr layover. The rooms were very clean, and nice. But trying to get anywhere was a disaster. Their shuttle only drives at night and to a certain center of restaurants. It was a huge deal to take us to a cvs that was a mile away. The south location will take you anywhere, anytime in a 5 mile radius.

• Stayed: March 2014
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay at our hotel. Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are a hotel that places utmost importance on the voice of our guests, as we are committed to delivering the highest level of service. You have our word that we will be reexamining our shuttle schedule and the areas to which it takes our guests. We hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel and give you the highest level of service in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My wife, my in-laws and I stayed here for 3 nights. My wife and I just moved to the DFW area, and we needed a place to stay before the movers arrived. We stayed in a one bedroom suite (I'm not sure if this is standard or if it was all they had left), which had plenty of space. Rates were very reasonable using my company rate code. Hotel was right next to DFW, so it should be very convenient if flying in. The standard holiday inn express breakfast was good, although tables were scarce 2 out of the 3 days. I would not hesitate to stay here or recommend this location in the future.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. This is the kind of review that inspires us to work even harder, raise the bar even higher. Thank you for appreciating our generous sized room as well as our reasonable rate. As for the number of tables available for use during breakfast, we will to see it to that more will added to accommodate our guests. We appreciate you pointing this out, as it helped us identify a problem to which we will devote ourselves into providing a quick solution. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more, we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Someone else made this reservation for me and it was not too bad. I was pleasantly surprised by the lobby and room. It is like a maze and there is a lot of walking to get to the room and then find your way back to the lobby. I had a king room with a bit of a kitchenette. The only disappointment is the bathroom, well, the shower. They tried to be fancy and do a tub and separate shower. The shower is tiny, closed in and kind of gross with a very low shower head. The tub is small too so I'm not sure what they were thinking. I can see the pool from my window and that area does not look bad for an airport hotel. I won't stay here again but it was fine while waiting for a flight.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for the fair rating you gave for our hotel, and for appreciating our lobby and room. We apologize for any inconvenience incurred during your stay. As we aim to meet all our customers' expectations, rest assured that your concerns regarding the shower in our bathroom will not take for granted. We will do our best to improve our services. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This was built to be a regular budget hotel, however even for the money the room I stayed in was in quite bad shape, everything being really old and run down, even for having not so high expectations.
The toilet was flowing on and off all night, the heating fan was really loud - I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear TRozsa,