“Room had cleanliness issues; moldy food in the fridge” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North
Ranked #26 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Lubbock, Texas
“Room had cleanliness issues; moldy food in the fridge”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and never have had major issues but this time we did.

We arrived around 1400 and we able to check in. Service wasn't the friendliest but at least we were able to check in. We were given a room on the first floor. At first glance, the room appeared clean but after really checking it out, there were several glaring issues. The first was the couch. The one in our room seriously needs to be replaced. Stains on the arm rest and cushions. As soon as you sat down you sank into the cushions and not in a good way. Later on when I took the sleeper out, the previous guests sheets were still in the there and the sheets were dirty. Also, crumbs in the bed and behind the couch.

Sink in the bathroom was clean as was the toilet, but the shower looked grimy as did the bathroom counters. Floors felt sticky as well. One towel had stains. No toilet paper either; not on the roll or on the counter. None at all.

But the worst part was the fridge. I opened the fridge to put our food in it and there was still food from the previous guest. And judging by the mold on the food, it had been there for quite a while. Disgusting. The entire fridge in the inside was sticky as if something sweet had leaked. Rain stain on the carpet near the fridge; crumbs all along the floor near the fridge. After I saw the fridge and the contents, I went to front desk and explained the condition of the room. No apologies or offer to move rooms. I finally asked to be moved and my request was denied with no explanation. No offer to have housekeeping spruce up the room either. I spoke to the same gentlemen who checked me in. His only solution was to hand me a trash bag so that I could clean out the fridge myself. I am not paying to clean my own room. I assume that is why the hotel pays the housekeepers. Completely unacceptable. But even more unacceptable is the blase attitude that guests should do their own housekeeping. I guess I was interrupting his texting time.

The pool was too cold but that's the hotels fault but the hotel can do something about the trash in the pool and in the area. No towels were available either.

We did eat breakfast in the am and it was typical HI Express fare. Food was being replenished very slowly and some didn't get replenished at all.

I would probably stay again because I know based on previous stays that the rooms are usually clean and the service is decent. But the cleanliness issues need to addressed ASAP.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ethansmom06
Gmanager2, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the housekeeping and staff courtesy issues that you encountered during your stay in our hotel. Rest assured that our housekeeping staff is held to a very high standard and that your comments are being addressed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

If your are traveling thru DFW, this hotel is an excellent choice. The rooms were clean. The parking and internet are free. The hot breakfast was excellent. The hotel has a free shuttle to DFW. I booked my room late and got a great deal. I would stay here again. The hotel had everything I look for when traveling.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank TN-Frank
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you so much for your high rating and positive review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us so much and we can't wait to serve you again!
CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We would stay at this hotel again for the airport shuttle. The front desk agents are kind but they can only do so much when housekeeping, maintenance and the breakfast attendants have no urgency or pride in their work. The breakfast bar would run out of food and coffee. When there is 6 coffee urns this should not happen. Management needs to step it up. The beds were comfortable.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank family1992
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your review and comments regarding your stay. Your comments and suggestions will help us to recognize our strengths and improve upon our weaknesses. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I checked in here for 1 night before flying out of DFW. We had not made a reservation, but had no trouble getting a room. I think this must be one of the older Holiday Inn hotels. The carpets in the hallways had seen better days, but they were clean. The room itself was clean and very spacious. The bed was comfortable and in addition to the bed there was a sofa and an easy chair. There was also a computer desk and chair, and a "bar" area - with a small sink, microwave, fridge and coffee maker. The bathroom was nice, with a tub and a separate shower and there were plenty of towels. The room overlooked the pool. The pool area was nice with plenty of deck chairs and even a place to have barbeque. The pool was a bit cool, but it was very welcome in the heat!
Although I had no complaints about the main parts of the room, there was one thing I was not totally happy with: one of the bedside lamps didn't work. This on it's own would not have been a problem, but when I looked for a socket to charge my phone, I found that the bedside light that did work, wasn't plugged into the wall socket. Trying to charge my phone from the socket didn't work, and the lamp was actually plugged into an extension cord running from a different area. So at least two of the electric sockets in the room did not work correctly - hopefully this is not a safety matter!
We both slept well and it was very convenient and easy to get to DFW from the hotel. Even with the minor complaints about the electrics, I would still recommend this hotel as my main requirement in a hotel is a comfortable bed and for the room to be clean.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MegaDancer
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you so much for your compliments, rating and review of our high housekeeping and hospitality standards. Rest assured that the electrical issues in your room were not a safety hazard, though I do apologize for the inconvenience and want to assure you also that the issue is being promptly addressed. I'm glad that our services, hospitality, and accommodations exceeded your expectations and hope that you experience the same comfortable stay during your next visit!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The room was great! Especially for the price. My only complaint was the cleaning people need to check the roll out couches. My son pulled the bed out, and there was a dirty sheet just piled in the middle. It looked like it had been there for a while, because it had yellowed. Aside from that, I had no complaints.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Elizabeth S
Gmanager2, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-DFW North, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for sharing this experience. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to quickly address housekeeping issues that would allow such a situation to occur. We greatly appreciate the time you've taken to rate our hotel and we look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

After traveling all day I was warmly welcomed as a Gold IHG Rewards member, refreshed with a nice bottle of cool water and upgraded to a one bedroom suite with a pool view!! I have stayed here before but this time the service was outstanding! Housekeeping did a great job cleaning the room and the AC worked great! I highly recommend this location if you are in the area traveling visiting or shopping. Thanks Brande!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant, comfortable and convenient experience. We are especially happy to share this review with our staff who work hard to ensure that you receive a five star experience in service and accommodations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Texas, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

All around the hotel was lovely. Fresh & clean sheets and towels. The room was great! The ac is amazing! Only problem was the parking! Horrible parking area! I parked in the back to be closer to my room. When my bf and I came back from dinner Friday night (6-13-14) there were no parking spots AT ALL!!! It was horrible! People were even parked under the covered area where people usually park to check in/out. The parking spaces are horribly small and people park on top of you. All in all the parking was the only problem. The hotel was clean, the breakfast was very yummy! The pool area looked very nice and made me want to go swim but there were waaaay to many kids running around and playing in the pool.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank AmandaMA06
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced due to our parking arrangement and the high volume of guests during your stay. We look forward to your next visit!