“Kind people, killer room for the money and having a delightful customer service advis like Jennifer V..whose help was”

Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North
Ranked #60 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

During our stay at this hotel we found that they were not only dog friendly but people friendly too. We were delighted with the people working that helped with any of our questions about things nearby. Always fresh coffee & water. Clean nice lobby. And clean nice roomy rooms w microwave, fridge for our extended vacation and saving more money. Conveniently located to all our family in Arlington, Roanoke, and North Dallas..plus minutes away frm the airport. Any problems we encountered were quickly remedied. I have to say the person we dealt the most with was a woman named Jennifer Vargas. Huge props to her passion for her job. Nothing better then getting help from someone who loves her job so much. I saw it with her other customers too! I will say I was not the only person in the lobby discussing her warm personality and welcoming demeanor. Beyond knowledgeable about everything red Roof and things to do nearby. She went out of her way to make our dog feel at home too. We r dedicated to Red Roof because of this visit. Only negatives were outdated TVs ( but they were just switching out to flat screens when we left..good for next time) and they phone was hard to hear on..but we didn't use it that much anyway. I found the area very delightful for long dog walks. Nice hotels and commercial buildings w landscaped lawns and nice crepe myrtles lining the way!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank clubtravel41
Michael S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your stay at our hotel. We really appreciate the positive feedback. It serves as a nice reward to our staff that works so hard to make our guests feel welcome. Jennifer is a strong asset to our team and we get to see everyday the attributes that you mentioned. Please stop and see us again if your travels bring you through the great Dallas DFW airport area.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I arrived later at night, 10 ish and was dropped off by airport shuttle.

My room was across the way in a different building. The elevator was broke.

So not only did I have to walk a distance to my room, I also had to carry everything up to the second floor.

Upon arrival I found a cockroach in the sink, which i killed with my hat and then it dissappeared down the sink which I immediately plugged.

I went to the Denny's for take out and ate it in my room.

After sleeping a few hours and stepping into the shower I shared the tub with an inch long water bug as I quickly showered..

I made my way across to the lobby @ 6:30 for my 6:50 ride back to the airport. I made myself a coffee in the lobby then noticed that the cream was powdered.

Next time i'll stay at the Westin next door and pay a little more. About the only good thing about the room was the AC.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank panchote2014
Michael S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I apologize that you had to carry your luggage up a flight of stairs. The elevator in that building is fixed so that is no longer an issue. I am also sorry about the powdered creamer but I have no way to keep real dairy creamer cold. I would like you to give us another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you to the great Dallas DFW area.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I've stayed at this red roof inn numerous times. I really like it because there's a Denny's next door, which makes grabbing a bite to eat really easy. The first stay was lacking wifi, but in my subsequent visits they have brought in the wifi. This hotel still has smoking rooms, which is a huge plus for the few smokers left in this world. I found no fault with my room, the linens smelled clean, the bathroom was shining and spotless, and the cable had surprisingly tons of channels. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean bed and a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Michael S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and are a repeat guest with us. We have been working hard to get WI-FI working throughout the property and are glad you took advantage of it. We also are excited you enjoyed the cleanliness of the room, our staff works hard to make sure our rooms our fresh. Please stop and see us again if your travels bring you through the great Dallas DFW area.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

If you are staying for an inexpensive trip to and from the airport, choose a different hotel. We flew to Hawaii and they dropped us off at the totally wrong terminal even after we asked him twice. We flew in from the Dominican Republic and had to call the shuttle three times and even then they couldn't take all of us even though we all got here on one. Over an hour wait for substandard service.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our Shuttle service. I apologize for the confusion with the shuttle service, in order for us to provide a free shuttle to and from the Dallas DFW airport we partner up with other hotels in the area. At times the area is so busy that the shuttle can have longer than expected drive times. We will work with the shuttle service to prevent these occurrences from happening.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Booked this place at the last minute. I was here for work and do expediting in van and my company didnt have a load for me and my AC in my van is out so i was not sitting out in heat with no AC. So i walked into the place and talked to Jennifer about getting with a refrigerator and microwave and she gave me the room at a discounted price and was very helpful and nice. For the price the room is not bad. i have no complaints about the room. other than yes its by the air port so if you gonna get mad about hearing the plans fly over then dont sleep at any of the hotels by the air port..Thanks Jennifer for hooking me up with room..If im ever in the area again i will make sure to stay here again..thanks again!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear positive feedback as our staff strives to give our guests quality customer service. We believe that Jennifer is a strong asset to our team and was pleased with this review as well. Please stop by and see us again if your travels bring you through the great Dallas DFW area.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My flights were late and that led to an unplanned overnight in Dallas. I found this inexpensive hotel, extremely basic but regreted it all night, still this morning. It is a runned out motel. So... Do not stay here!!! I called the hotel 11pm as soon as I landed to ask for a pick up shuttle and was told it would take around 20 minutes, but it became a 2 hours nightmare! I ending arrivng at the hotel at 1:30am to wake up early at 6 for a flight that would get me out from Dallas, so if losing your flights is not enough unpleasant experience, wait to worsen it by staying here. They share a shuttle with several other motels in the area so expect to be 2 hours at least going around the airport from terminal to terminal and back again to the same terminal because somebody just calls another of these hotels and asks to be picked up. And once that you finally think you are getting out from the airport and to your bed, hey... return back to another terminal for someones who just ringed another of these motels and needs a pick up, so by these time you regret having booked here and missing 2 or 3 hours of precious sleep. No breakfast offered, you cannot call breakfast poor coffee and wifi doesn't works properly. But what did I expected for such a rate. Stay away from here!!!

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Barelle
Michael S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the feedback from our guests so that we may improve our services. I sincerely apologize about the wait for the shuttle. We are going to have a meeting with the company in charge of that as it a 3rd party vendor and get a better service agreement in place. I apologize about the breakfast but we don't offer it so that we can provide a better value on the price of the room. Denny's right next door offers a discount to our guests. Please give us another chance to serve you if your travels bring you through the great Dallas DFW area.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was very disappointed in my stay. We got in late and I was with my 8 yr old daughter. Room key didn't work 2 times . At midnight had to go to the other building which had no elevator! Room was clean but no clock!! And no blow dryers in the rooms. Have to be checked out at the front desk which there were not any either! Internet in lobby didn't work, and even though the front desk man is nice...he is very slow and it was just a bad nights stay!
Wont stay there again! People just hanging outside of their rooms partying which made me feel unsafe with my child!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michelle P
Michael S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas - DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize that you had a bad stay. The elevator is getting fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. We will also closely monitor guest activity and make sure that they aren't disturbing other guests. Also I would appreciate a call to the hotel so I can get your room number so that we can take care of issues with your lock. We listen to our guests and want them to feel safe and welcome. Please give us another chance if your travels bring you through the area and see that we made the appropriate changes.