“Not Your Best Deal For DFW Lodging”

Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North
Ranked #50 of 77 Hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The Super 8 DFW/North offers a low price for their accommodations but do not be lured in thinking you are receiving the best lodging value. While the rooms are reasonably clean the interior and exterior public spaces of the property are at best somewhat shabby in appearance. Throughout the night the rattling noise from the air conditioner was only over powered by the sound of the noisy persons occupying the parking lot beneath my room window. In addition the advertised free continental breakfast is an assortment of stale bagels, Danishes, watery orange juice and a make-it-yourself waffle. Most disappointing is the advertised free parking. Most persons who use this property do so in order to park and access the free shuttle service to DFW airport. Although the shuttle service is free the Super 8 will charge you $5 per day to leave your car in the parking lot while you are away from the property. Ultimately this additional $5 per day parking charge will raise the price of your final bill to what you would pay at near by hotels with nicer accommodations, more appetizing breakfast fare, free shuttle service, and actual free parking while you are traveling.

I certainly will not book this property again as a better value for a similar price can be found at neighboring properties.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tltalbert
MicrotelFW, Director Of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

Thank you for choosing Super 8 DFW Airpot NORTH during your recent visit. We have worked diligently to absolutely renovate our property from top to bottom. I do apologize that our accommodations were not to your liking. Our breakfast area is the last to be renovated and a new Super breakfast is coming shortly. As you stated parking is free while a guest stays but we charge a fee when patrons leave their automobiles onsite while they fly out of town. I assure you that the air-conditioner will be fixed and all your critiques will be taken back to my staff.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Don't pay attention to the 2011 reviews because this hotel has been renovated since. My room was a suite and had all the amenities I could have asked for at a budget price. Coffee maker, flat screen, free Internet, iron and board, hair dryer non smoking rooms and continental breakfast. Only issue was there were some very old brown burn marks on sink fixtures from its days as a more run down place. Great convenience to airport. I would definitely recommend it. Budget price but not a budget experience.

• Stayed: April 2012
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Hello Sandra L, thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor and for staying at Super 8 DFW Airport NORTH. We can't say thank you enough for taking the time to share the details of your recent visit with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and please be assured that your comments will be shared with our staff. You will be excited to hear that our lobby area is completely done and an even better breakfast is on its way.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Pretty nice Super 8
Was recently renovated
Nice room, nice flat TV and furniture
There’s a shuttle bus from the airport in cooperation with a few nearby hotels
Front desk staff was friendly (looks like the owner)
There’s a basic but OK breakfast – even bananas.
Would go back if in the area and looking for a budget friendly motel

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Thank you for staying with Super 8 DFW Airport NORTH and for taking the time to post a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look foward to serving you again in the near future. I would also like to share that we are currently upgrading our breakfast area along with choices to begin your day in a super way!

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Very impressed for such a great value. Rooms very clean, spacious and modern. Equipped with mini fridge and microwave. Free complimentary breakfast, ranging from make your own waffles, cereals, muffins, hard boiled eggs and much much more. Even though considerable hwy construction is going on in the area, hotel was easy to find. Will highly recommend to anyone and will visit again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
MicrotelFW, Director of Operations at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments and for taking the time to post them on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to everyone on the team. We thank you for your patronage and hope you host you again soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2012

This was my 2nd stay at this Super 8. Both stays were great. Rooms very clean. (and smelled good) Bathroom very clean. This trip the night manager let me borrow his iPad charger. Very accommodating. Price is cheaper than most. Call hotel for price. I have stayed at the other Super 8 closer to the airport but like this one better... And this one is cheaper and right at the airport!

• Stayed: March 2012
MicrotelFW, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Hello Melissa W, thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us and glad you noticed our cleanliness. We truly appreciate your feedback and please be assured that I have forward your comments to the team. Thank you for being loyal to Super 8 DFW Airport NORTH and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Clean, spacious rooms. Good complimentary breakfast including a waffle maker. My room also included a mini fridge and microwave which I didn't request but was very happy to find. Prompt check-in and complimentary shuttle service. Great for just about $50!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank SanityJ
MicrotelFW, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Irving / DFW Apt / North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Thank you for staying with Super 8 DFW AIRPORT NORTH and for taking the time to post a review. We are happy to hear that you both enjoyed your stay and we look foward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 December 2011

I chose this hotel mainly based on the rate of $50/night. I had a late night flight into DFW and knew I'd only need the room for a few hours before heading home. The room was roomy, clean and quiet. The room-darkening window coverings were much appreciated as they allowed me to sleep in rather than being disturbed by the morning light. Also, the room was quiet. The maids were already at work on the floor when I left the room, but I had not heard them at all.

The wait at the airport for the shuttle was longer than I would have liked, but the hotel utilizes a 'community shuttle' service that also services a number of other hotels - so not certain that's entirely the hotel's responsibility.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank charlener

Good Day Charlener, thank you for staying at Super 8 DFW AIRPORT NORTH and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your compliments to our housekeeping team and all appropriate staff members.