“Great homestyle Italian food”
Review of Italian Cafe

Italian Cafe
Ranked #16 of 590 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Description: Italian Cafe is your local family restaurant specializing in fresh, authentic Italian cuisine. For a taste of Italy, visit Italian Cafe
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We'd just hit town and were staying in the Omni Mandalay next door.

Not a fancy place but the welcome was friendly.We had a few good drinks and some very tasty,well-cooked Italian food All within easy walking distance of our Hotel

Just the ticket for a tired and hungry traveler !

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This was our first visit to the Italian Cafe in Irving. We saw it one day and thought it was a cool looking place with a good menu so decided to try it.

We went for lunch and were surprised that it was more of a lunch line type of thing for lunch vs. a sit down and order that they apparently do for dinner, but it was cool. They apparently cater to nearby office types as well so they have beautiful looking pizzas ready to go for "by the slice" ordering. They will bring items to the table that are not ready on the line, which is just about anything except the pizza.
We decided to split a couple items to try and good thing since the portions are very generous. We ordered the Fried Calamari. It was lightly fried and had a lighter color to it than I expected, but it was very good both with and without the Marinara Sauce which was also good. I asked and they said they make there own sauces.
We also ordered the lunch portion of the Fettucini Carbonara. It came with a side salad and Large Dinner Roll.
The Fettucini was very good. I would order it again. The dinner roll was just average though. If it was warm and buttery (without adding butter) it would have been better, but it was great to sop up the rest of the Alfredo sauce!
For dessert we split a Cannoli. It was very good. The filling was thicker than I have had in a Cannoli before. It was like icing but not as sweet. I would definitely have another.
The seating was a little cramped but nice and clean. Would have loved to sit outside but it was 28 degrees. Maybe this spring because we are definitely going back. We want to try the stuffed pizza, calzone and maybe the meatball sub.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was at the Homewood almost a block from this restaurant, decided on my second day to go, and waoooo factor, nice portion of food, great atmosphere, and Jorge the server (multi task guy) was the best hands down. Everything on the menu was superb, trust me I was there for 2 weeks. Please visit local restaurant, with great food, prices and service

Reviewed 21 January 2014

It was a wonderful meal after some terrible food in the Marriot the night before. Everything we
ordered was extremely tasty and well prepared, The wait time was short and the quality of the
food made it well worth waiting. From Pizza to steak sandwich it was all great, and we will put
this restaurant in our future trips to the Los Colinas area.

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

I live close to here and eat here at least once a month. I've never had a bad meal here! They have the BEST fried calamari I have ever eaten. You can definitely tell they put a lot of love and care into their cooking!

Been to Italian Cafe? Share your experiences!