“Run FAR away from this hotel...”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Ranked #38 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Arlington, Texas
“Run FAR away from this hotel...”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and I am a seasoned traveler.. First night I found a pair of spandex shorts INSIDE the sheets on my bed. I went down to the front desk and told them and they had the nerve to say are you sure those aren't yours...no apology or anything... I asked for some clean sheets and she acted like i inconvenienced her. 10 minutes later there was a knock on the door and I opened it only to find they put my clean sheets on the floor and left... I cannot make this up... Seriously.

I was there for an extended stay and hated every night. Like I saw on other posts my room was 75 degrees in my room at all times. I called and asked if there was anything they could do. They said no. So I delt with that for a long time I stayed on the third floor and couldn't get a good night sleep because I could hear the treadmill.. Which was on the first floor

. The biggest problem is they checked me out of my room before my date... I walked into my room and there was nothing in there. I went to the front desk and asked where my stuff is. They said there was nothing in the room... I had a blue ray player clothes and school materials along with food and some drinks... I even talked to the general manager and she assured me that there was nothing I the room... Appalled I waited two hours to find that they had all my stuff except the food drinks and my school material along with pictures I had. I am a platinum elite with Marriott and also worked at a Marriott.. I was horrified by the awful service and unclean and hot rooms..

Please stay away from this place.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank lem702

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Tryed to check in with a paid receipt from Priceline and hotel will not except? Marriott issue or priceline none the less way too late to be sitting I lobby because manager is off site and front desk clerk is unable to figure out. However, my credit card has already billed my visa --- poor unskilled and untrained staff! Or is it priceline?

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kimberly K
Coral Springs FL
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I went to Dallas for a family event for 2 nights. The other places I wanted to stay were double the price. The only reason I gave this a 4 is for the area of town. The front desk staff was very helpful and FRIENDLY. The room was spotless, comfy bed and cool air conditioner. Included a fridge and microwave, free breakfast was cereal and waffles and LOTS of other choices. Free parking, free airport shuttle, Walmart and other amenities 2 blocks. 2 minutes from DFW by car. Convenient to Grapevine and downtown Dallas.

I will stay there again when I go to Dallas, for sure!

Room Tip: All of the rooms our family had (3) were clean and neat and looked brand new.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised when I drove up...very updated look on the outside and this was continued as I walked into the lobby. The hotel staff warmly greeted me and thanked me for my Platinum status. I was thankfully upgraded to a one bedroom suite but did not expect what I saw when I entered the room. The room was spectacular. If I would close my eyes and open them I would swear that I was standing in a room at a full service marriott. The room was very clean as was the entire hotel. The workout room is basic for a Fairfield Inn...two treadmills, an elliptical, and free weights. I did expect better based on what I had already experienced from the rest of the hotel. The breakfast was typical of a Fairfield Inn, however, the gentleman working was very nice and helpful. This was definitely the best Fairfield Inn that I have ever stayed in.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bellevue, OH
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel on a business trip. The hotel is in a good location because there's a restaurant right next door that has good food and adult beverages. The breakfast room was large but the breakfast was lacking. The only fresh fruit was dried up oranges. The coffee was good though and the gentleman in the breakfast room was very helpful and friendly. My room was clean but the carpets were in dire need of being replaced - they were frayed and had stains. I reported the toilet was slow on the first day and the staff fixed it right away.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Martytravels16
Denver, CO
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This hotel is in a good location (for eating) with several restaurants within walking distance. Unfortunately we found a sad lack of cleanliness in our room. The situation was addressed and amends made. We felt sure that this is a problem that will be rectified with staff immediately.

The downside to staying in this area is that you will hear a lot of airplane noise from DFW as it appears you are almost directly underneath a departure path. The rooms should come with earplugs. Sleeping past 6am was not possible for me.

And, this would only upset people with a sweet tooth like me.....why are there no fresh-baked cookies waiting in the lobby? I guess I have become spoiled, even my favorite small-town motel serves them now!

1 Thank AAGeorgiapeach
Parker, CO
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My family recently stayed at this hotel. We found the staff very pleasant, the breakfast above average and the rooms clean, quite and comfortable. We had an issue that was resolved beyond my expectation by the hotel manager. In short this hotel was on top of everything and the one mistake was promptly corrected. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side of the hotel to avoid any parking lot noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Irving hotels
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, DFW Airport South
Holiday Inn Express & Suites DFW Airport South Hotel
Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport South / Irving

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving? Share your experiences!