Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Ranked #39 of 77 Hotels in Irving
San Antonio, Texas
“Great stay”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is what I like about Fairfield. Great new property with a nice price. All the other good reviews describe this Fairfield correctly so.... nothing to add to that except I can verify all the great things they write about it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SATXtraveler55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I will start by saying that I am a "Marriott guy". I don't work for the company, but if a Marriott property is available for one of my trips I will usually choose it over another brand. I am a Lifetime Platinum member in Marriott Rewards, so I have stayed in a LOT of Marriott properties in my 63 years.

This Fairfield Inn and Suites is one of the best. Even though it is one of Marriott's "value" properties and it doesn't have the amenities you would find in a full-service Marriott, the service was great and the property was excellent.

I was told that this is an old Drury Inn that was taken over by the Fairfield brand in 2011 and remodeled at that time. When I found out that the remodel was over 2 years ago, I was shocked. I would have thought it was 2 months ago!! The maintenance of this place is amazing. My room looks NEW.

The rooms (and the entire hotel) are beautifully designed. The furniture is modern in design and very functional (and looks new), I was in a suite, which is basically one large room with a partial divider between the bed and the sitting area. There were two large, flat screen TV's in the room, which was a little overkill since I could change the channels on both...at the same time...with the same remote.

The bed was very comfortable (which I generally find in all Marriott properties). Everything in the room worked properly.

The bathroom was beautifully designed. I wish I had the shower tile in my home!! The shower head allowed for different water streams and the water pressure was good.

The housekeeping (cleanliness of the room) was immaculate. The housekeeping staff is really to be congratulated. GREAT JOB!

The only thing I didn't like about the room was that the lighting was fairly dim. I am finding this more and more in all levels of hotels as they change to more energy efficient lighting. Even with all of the light on, the room was fairly dim.

This hotel (as do all Fairfields) offers free breakfast in the room rate. The breakfast was a cut above what I find in most moderately priced hotels offering a free breakfast. Scrambled Eggs, sausage, waffles (a standard in many hotels of this class), a good variety of pastries and cereals. The only thing I would have liked was a little more of a fruit selection, but overall an excellent breakfast.

The front staff was very friendly and accommodating. I asked for a late check-out so that I could change clothes after my business meeting and before my flight, and it was cheerfully accommodated.

Overall, one of the best Fairfield Inns that I have ever stayed in, and I have been in a lot of them.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed overnight on a business trip. Was flying out of Dallas on my way home. The thing that impressed me the most is how whisper quite the HVAC unit was. Slept very well. Friendly staff and inviting atmosphere in the lobby.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Djjmj
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Our group stayed at the F.I.&S. at 630 W. Johns Carpenter Freeway and my review pertains to this property only. It is clean, property, with everything in working order. It had the standards: mini frig, coffee maker. The complimentary breakfast offered many choices. We were here for 2 nights.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

AC/heat hardly worked. Had to request a fan to cool off the room. Fridge barely worked. Had to use ice to keep drinks cool. Free breakfast was so so. Same stuff everyday. Poor access to the hotel driving around due to median.

• Stayed February 2014
Penny S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We value all comments we receive, as this is the only way we can better our services. I am sorry that your experience was anything but extraordinary. Our number one goal is to offer a welcoming environment and to deliver exceptional accommodations. I have personally looked into this matter and assure you thr problems has been rectified. Please let me know if your ever in the area again. I would love a second chance to regain your confidence.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I usually like and look for Fairfield Inns when making reservations, and I am seldom disappointed. This one, however, was even more than what we usually get (and like). It was super clean, super quiet and had a great staff. Thomas checked us in and gave me maps both to the University of Dallas (we were there for a preview weekend) and the ln 'n Out burger place that is close by. (There are tons of great places to eat within a five minutes drive.) The next morning, breakfast was fantastic with the best choice of fresh fruit I have ever seen in a hotel of this class....and delicious pastries, eggs, sausage, etc.... I asked if I could check out an hour later, and that was no problem. Our bed was comfy, the room was clean and quiet--it was all that we could ask for and more. If my daughter does end up attending college nearby, we will always stay there. Completely enjoyable!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, facing away from the highway and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here by chance when we won a Priceline bid. We were checked in quickly, the room was clean and the service was fantastic. As another reviewer mentioned, the employees seem to anticipate needs before a request is made. My husband went down around 5:30 am, way before breakfast was served and was in the breakfast room trying to get coffee. All of a sudden, an employee rounded the corner and asked if my husband needed help. My husband was startled, thinking that we was going to be scolded for getting coffee early. On the contrary, the employee helped my husband, including opening the locked refrigerator to get him milk for his coffee. We were extremely pleased with our stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple