All reviewsstayed herewould stay here againfront deskfull service marriottnext morningbrandon leeroom was cleancatching a flightbreakfast includedcheck in was a breezedfw airportshort staywafflesbusiness tripnice hotelone night staycoffee maker
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Its more of a 3 1/2 rating. Hotel is older but nicely kept up. Simple, no frills. Have stayed here 4 times on buisness. Like the continental bfast and it is close to everything. If you stay here and have to drive to a client site be prepared to deal with traffic.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Penny S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how your stay was. We really appreciate the kind words regarding the cleanliness and upkeep. We take pride in our property and make every effort to take care of it. Again, thank you for your feedback and hope that if your travels bring you back to the DFW area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Was sent to Dallas for training. The hotel is conveniently located close to the airport, about 15 minutes. The lobby is welcoming and check in was a breeze. There was some construction going on in nearby lots. But surprisingly there wasn't excess noise coming from it.

The room was comfortable and clean. I did have an issue with the in room coffee pot. I was not in dire need so I just left a note asking them to replace it and I found a new one when I arrived back to my room. Breakfast area was clean and food was pretty good. Typical buffet style set up for the scramble eggs and bacon or sausage. They also had biscuits and gravy and some other basic pastries. The dining area was heavily utilized in the morning. The only thing that I could see that they needed to improve on here was getting the tables wiped down more often.

Overall the stay was really good and I would stay here again. There was a restaurant just across the parking lot, Aspen Creek Grill. Also conveniently located to grocery store and other shopping.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I am a loyal Marriott Gold & it pains me to write this. I am so disappointed I am actually writing this from my room! Landed at DFW- called for pickup from airport- no shuttle available- van in for service! No apology, nothing! So I call Uber! $14.79 for transfer to airport. Get to hotel- no apology- nothing! No offer to reimburse, not a free bottle of water- nothing! And attitude to top it off. Could care less of status -For the extra $15 I could have stayed at the full service Marriott around the corner. And I was given room next to elevator with connecting rooms on both sides of my room!
I booked here because a friend was also booked here. Never again!
Had a meeting- called to get a ride at 9pm (3miles away) - told again prob at least 30 mins for a ride! Once again no apology- Needless to say Uber is my friend this trip.
Breakfast is good, and great coffee- the lovely lady running breakfast area and replenishing the coffee is lovely & does a great job!
Plenty of hotels in the area which are more accommodating for sure! Getting my Uber ready for trip back to Airport.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Penny S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. It saddens me that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. We pride ourselves on making sure we provide safe and reliable shuttle service. At the time of your call, we were rotating the tires on the van. I do apologize that you were asked to wait an extended amount of time. However, we were trying to ensure our shuttle was safe for all of our guest, as safety is our number one priority. When you called the second time we were already on a run and we cannot simply put other guest on hold when we are already in route to get them. I do apologize for any inconveniences this may have cause. However, we try to accommodate all of our guests and apologize that you feel we fell short.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

I want to highlight Brandon Lee, he is an exceptional, attentive person and asset to Marriott. His exemplary customer service is beyond compare and made my brief stay memorable and my ride to the airport delightful. Brandon was not only pleasant and friendly but accommodating and very professional. It is so rare these days to be treated so well and Brandon made the ordinary, extraordinary.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Our flight out of New Orleans to Seattle had been canceled until the next day, but I demanded to get us to our next destination which was Dallas. We were put into this hotel and I must say this was one of the best impromptu hotel accommodation one could ask for. The front desk was extremely friendly, our room was cozy with a great shower (water wasn't hard), the bed was comfy and we had a blast in the indoor pool. this was mini vacay within a vacation. American Airlines did good with this accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family