“Re: The most awful and unprofessional place to stay - Not Recommended to stay here.”

Studio 6 DFW Airport North
Ranked #5 of 6 Irving B&B and Inns
PORTLAND
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Dear Reader, as we all have our own experiences during our short stay at various hotels, I wanted to share this experience with you. I am a frequent traveler and travel for business and leisure. I normally absorb the pessimistic encounters until I really find it compelling to share with my fellow travelers.
Well here is the scope, I was in Ft. Worth Taxes for a summit and had planned this in advance. I had done the booking through Studio 6 website 3 months in advance. With credit card payment in place and confirmation e-mailed to me. Well, with all that confirmed it was clear that I had agreed with the charges and upon arrival, to my disbelieve I was asked to pay another $200.00. .. What..! yes, they said the rates have changed. I mentioned to the manager that the point of booking in advance is to get a better price. After an hour of arguing with the incompetent manager who was not sure what he was doing and kept differing to the front desk person. They told me to call the booking company. This really made no sense as the booking company is the same as the hotel, Studio 6 main website. I had a printed copy of the confirmation (recommended). After a debate with an agent on the phone with Studio 6 they finally agreed to honor my confirmation. The agent wanted to speak to the manager so I handed my cell phone to this so obstinate manager . After a long back and forth between the manager and the Studio 6 agent and a few profanities later he gave the phone back to the front desk person. The manager left muttering profanities directed toward me in some other language. The front desk guy reluctantly honored the price after the manager stormed out still muttering under his breath.
As if this wasn't bad enough I get to the room and it was filthy, only one light worked, coffee maker was missing and the TV didn't work. I immediately brought this up to the front desk person , he accused me of taking their good $5 coffee maker, LOL, as if I needed that crap. I was only packing one full carry on for the flight.
Better yet was on the last day. I woke up about an hour before check out as it was posted on the Hotel placard on the door inside that read check out at 12 noon. Around 11am, while I was in shower , I hear a loud banging on the door , I quickly wrapped myself out of the shower thinking there was a fire or some sort of emergency. I opened it peaking out only exposing my head on that metal slide lock. To my surprise the frantic pounding on the door was only to ask me if I was checking out. There was this still 55 minutes before checkout according to their posting, now this door banging guy says the check out is at 11am. Quite annoyed, I asked if it was so urgent or if I could at least get dressed before addressing this, he answered with a rude tone. He waited at the door while I had a partial shower and got dressed hastily and shoved my clothes in my bag before the door pounding begins again. I opened the door and showed him the sign where it clearly read check out time is 12 noon; guess what this person said --that is an old sign. The sad thing is that all of this unnecessary loud banging if this person just would have knocked on the door or used the room phone would have been nice.
This is the most awful and an unprofessional place, I’ve ever stayed. I do not recommend this place to anyone and will never stay here again. Thank you for reading.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
9 Thank SonnyPortland01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I was traveling with friends. They both had bed bugs in their rooms. A rat (or mouse?) ran across the floor in my room. I checked out two days early and have yet to receive the promised refund. Their corporate website does not have a contact phone for customer service. The hotel manager cannot/will not give a refund.

Room Tip: Get a different hotel. They hotel is currently being remodeled. Maybe it will be better then.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Blair_Evans
Travellers also viewed these Irving hotels
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS DFW Airport Suites
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
Comfort Suites DFW Airport

Been to Studio 6 DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Studio 6 DFW Airport North

Property: Studio 6 DFW Airport North
Address: 4100 W John Carpenter Fwy, 114 Exit Esters turn left onto Reese, Irving, TX 75063-2921
Region: United States > Texas > Irving
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #5 of 6 B&Bs / Inns in Irving
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Studio 6 DFW Airport North 2.5*
Studio 6 DFW Airport North is located off HWY 114 located near DFW Airport, Grapevine Convention Center, and Grapevine Mills Outlet Mall. All rooms have a modern look with free Wi-Fi. Amenities include outdoor pool, fitness center, and coin laundry. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Studio 6 DFW Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.