“Always a Winner”

Via Real Gourmet Mexican
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Real Gourmet Mexican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 575 Restaurants in Irving
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Byron Nelson Way
Irving, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a Winner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I've recently moved to Irving, and was very happy to learn that Via Real is located almost directly across the street from where I live. While it is definitely upscale (and perhaps a bit pricey for some), the quality of the food and outstanding service are both outstanding. The main menu combines some truly inventive dishes along with traditional favorites. I've also enjoyed many a fine lunch there as well. Not to be missed.

• Visited October 2013
Via R, Owner at Via Real Gourmet Mexican, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
I want to simply thank you for your sweet review of Via Real. We all appreciate the positive feedback- it lets us know that we are on the right track.

I hope to see you soon!

San Antonio
“Pleasant Surprise at this Upscale Mexican Restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I attended a private business function/dinner at this upscale restaurant and was surprised and pleased. I was expecting the standard Mexican fare, but pulling up to valet parking gave a hint of a nicer restaurant. Our group had a fixed selection of dishes to choose from, but they were an excellent fish dish, a steak, and a chicken dish. Not the kind of dishes you would typically see in a Mexican restaurant. Everyone seemed to really enjoy their selections. The margaritas were also very good. I didn't get to see the complete menu, but hope to return next time I am in town to try other dishes. I was very impressed with this restaurant and the high quality of the food.

• Visited October 2013
All of us here at Via Real want to express our gratitude to you for sharing your experience. We do not do much advertising aside from our customers using the “word-of-mouth” method and it is our guests, such as you, who we owe for it. Thank you.

As for the party you attended, I am thrilled that you had a good time! We loved having the opportunity to take care of each and every one of your guests.

I do hope to see you very soon. We will have the chips and salsa waiting!

Arlington, Virginia
“Enjoyed It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were staying across the street at the Four Seasons. I am not a big fan of the tex-mex concept, but I was game. We enjoyed our waiter and he marched us through the menu; and it was appreciated. My wife had the filet and scallops. These scallops were not cooked enough and the plate smelled like a fishery. I had the steak, and it was very good.

The desert was also very nice. My wife had the mouse and I had the chocolate cake. All in all, I was glad we went. Our waiter was fantastic and made sure he did not rush us. I can see why this is rated # 1 in Dallas. We will be back.

• Visited October 2013
I am so happy to read that you were taken care of during your visit. Thank you for giving Via Real a try! Our goal for each guest is to leave them with a memorable experience that causes them to crave more.

I am sorry to hear that your wife’s scallops were not cooked to her liking, please let us know next time so that we can fix it! I apologize that it was not caught. It saddens me to see that she left unhappy. However I am pleased to hear that the steak was to your satisfaction.

Please visit again so that we may erase the scallops hiccup.

Again, we do appreciate the time you spent updating us on your visit and we hope to see you both very soon!

Glen Arbor, Michigan
“Very Nice Atmosphere, but pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Nice interior with a good atmosphere. Very classy. Excellent service and not a bad margarita. I agree with others that the food is noting special and over priced. Had some shrimp and crab enchiladas that were supposed to be a special. The crab was unlike any crab meat I have ever had. It wasn't fresh and the quality was terrible. Met Fran Mathers the owner who was very gracious and when we commented on the crab she did not act surprised and kind of shrugged her shoulders.

• Visited September 2013
Via R, Owner at Via Real Gourmet Mexican, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for the compliment on our atmosphere and service, but I am very distress that you were disappointed in the crab enchiladas. That is one of our best selling dishes.

Apparently when I spoke with you the evening you were here, either I completely misunderstood your comment on the food, or I did not understand that you were unhappy. I would certainly have addressed the fact that you were not happy by offering to serve you a different dish as our apology for not pleasing your palate. We pride ourselves on the very fresh quality of our food, especially our seafood. The crab meat we use is BackFin Crab (about $20 per pound). This is the next best meat to Jumbo Lump Crab, and it is stored in unopened packages opened each day and used ONLY for that day.

We hope you will return to Via Real and remind me of this incident. We would LOVE to treat you to another dinner of your choice (on MY ticket) as our honored guest. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to communicate your thoughts to us. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Irving, Texas
“Twist on Mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Amazing atmosphere, salsa/chips are very good. Service is top notch with emphasis on taking full care of you during your dining experience. Margaritas are big and potent, none of that sweet & sour mix junk but made fresh. Food is unique and fantastic with classic favorites and some interesting twists. This is the place you go to celebrate something or go on a first date to really impress. It it is a bit pricey but the value for what you get makes it worth it. Definitely the best fine dining Mexican restaurant in Irving and I would put it in the top 10 in the DFW area. Well recommended!

Visited July 2013
Thank you so much for the thoughtful review! I want you to know that we appreciate the time you spent sharing your experience with the social media world. We rely on guests, such as you, to relay the message that we are tucked away in Irving waiting to take care of hungry visitors!

I enjoyed reading your review and I hope to see you again soon!

The margaritas will be ready and waiting.