“No good”

East Buffet
Ranked #354 of 592 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 11 October 2011

The casher working there was very bad and food was not good

Reviewed 18 September 2011

Been to the East Buffet on multiple occasions over the past several years, and I must say that the food quality and selection has been decreasing. They are slow on resupplying the most in demand items, crab legs, shrimp and when they do refill, it goes quickly The price is very reasonable, the staff is attentive, so for an inexpensive buffet, this will do.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

My wife and I took our friends visiting from Germany for the Saturday night buffet. All of the food items were fresh and kept stocked with the exception of the crab legs. I tried the crab legs on my first trip to the buffet table, and they were very good, properly cooked, and easy to extract from the shell. When I returned for another batch, the tray was empty, and remained empty for the remainder of our 1 hour meal period. There are several seafood items, including fish, mussels, oysters on the half shell, etc. They did not have any of the traditional Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (Rooster Sauce) found at most Chinese buffet restaurants. This sauce is my personal favorite for seafood items, so I will have to bring my own in next time I eat there. The hot and sour soup was outstanding, a perfect blend of heat and flavor.

There was a large selection of fruit and dessert items, and my German friends really enjoyed the food and their first ever buffet!

The cost for 6 persons including beverage and tip was less than $90, a very good price for the quality of the meal.

Reviewed 24 May 2011

The food here is fresh and is the better of all the buffets around it.

Reviewed 12 October 2009

Pros:

Variety on the buffet
Fair price
Delicious carryout

Cons:

On a one-way street/frontage road.

Been to East Buffet? Share your experiences!