“Very good food”
Review of Margarita Ranch - CLOSED

Margarita Ranch
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We went during lunch, so the place wasn't crowded or noisy. The salsa was great. Food was delicious. Service was what you'd expect as far as friendliness and courtesy. We really liked everything about the place. Just a shame we don't live close enough to visit more often.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were on a schedule, so we really appreciated the fast and very attentive service that we received! if you are looking for a quick bite after church or a snooze on Sunday, this is your place!
The food was fantastic. I had the Puffy Beef Tacos, which were very large (ate just one and took the other home), which had plenty of guacamole on top. The beef mixture inside was quality beef, seasoned extremely well. Very tasty! I chose the black beans to accompany it, and had the rice. Both sides were excellent! I liked the chips, but prefer a salsa which is more tomato-y (Sorry that's not a word.) ;) We got a mixed soft tortilla order, and the flour tortillas seemed homemade to me, they were so good. My husband liked the corn tortillas, too. My daughter got the cheese quesadillas, which had more filling than I have ever seen, and she loved them. Hy husband got chicken and mushroom and spinach enchiladas, and they were great, too. The atmosphere at this place is very nice. It's contemporary, and airy inside. The restrooms are very nicely decorated and are clean. Couldn't really ask for anything more, other than a tastier salsa. Maybe a choice of salsa would be good, since I saw that another reviewer liked the current one. there was a bar and outside dining, though we didn't experience either for ourselves. We had never been to this restaurant before, and used a Groupon.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The service was horrible,we ate more chips and salsa than at any other restaurant on a busy day,our food was cold the guacamole tasted like it came from the frozen isle from a grocery store...not fresh at all expected something better,& I recommend you get a glass of water and a soft drink,because they will forget about your drink needing refills...never again will go here...

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I happened to read about this restaurant on Foursquare of all places and thought I would try it out. First of all, it is tucked in the back of a strip mall that is still under construction. It is not a very big location. It apparently has some history at a prior location in Dallas. The chips and salsa are good, the salsa is served warm and has a hint of a smoky flavor. I also tried the tortilla soup which was really good. For the main entree I had the street tacos with chicken. These were generous tacos served with cilantro and onions. I had ordered some beans but they never came. The food is great, portion sizes are good but the service definitely needs improvement. When I arrived, I waited to be seated. As a first timer, it is tough to tell where you are supposed to wait. I was waited on by three different people during the course of my meal, which can also be confusing as well. My drink was never refilled either.

Food is great, service needs work. Get the service right and don't let the food quality slide and you will be successful. I am willing to try again when I am in the area.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

My wife and I decided to give margarita ranch a try for dinner. Walked in, place was very nice, we were seated promptly. Chips and salsa were brought to the table and was really good. Server came up and we ordered combo fajitas for two. We probably went through 2 bowls of chips until the food arrived. Looked at the fajitas and there was barely anything in there. 3-4 pieces shrimp and 3-4 slices of beef and the best part was they forgot the chicken. But I understand mistakes happen. Usually, when you order fajitas, they come out of the kitchen sizzling like crazy, but our were somewhat warm to cold and the chicken didn't taste like it was fully cooked. I'm sorry, but for first timers, this was a bad experience. Told the manager about my concerns with the food and service and he said the dinner was on him and walked off in a pissy mood. It's unfortunate, but I will never go back there again and I don't expect them to survive much longer either when taco diner down the street has way better food and service.