“Convenient Location and Great Breakfast!”

SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport East/Las Colinas Irving
Ranked #33 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Herndon, Virginia
“Convenient Location and Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a shuttle to/from DFW Airport that leaves at the top of each hour (estimate 10 minutes to Terminal A and another 5-10 minutes for each additional terminal; e.g., 20-40 minutes to E, if the driver has to stop at all terminals for drop-offs and/or pick-ups)
The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the location was close to the office. There are not a ton of eating places within walking distance, but I think the shuttle can take you to local restaurants (but an not sure if they will pick you up for the return trip).
The breakfast buffet has a good selection, and usually seems to be well patronized.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed at this locations for 2 days and it was only 5 minutes away from where I needed to be. It is also 20 minutes from the Dallas Love Field airport and I believe there is a shuttle that goes to the DFW airport. It is in a quiet place which is great for getting sleep.

The room was sizable and had a mini kitchenette, a living room and bathroom. The staff was friendly I the free Chuppa Chops they had at the front desk :). Complimentary breakfast was served as part of the stay and although I didn't take part in it, it was a wide array of things to choose from.

The one issue I had with this hotel was that there was a strong smell in the hall way which did not really agree with me. I don't know if it came from them cleaning the carpet but it was overwhelming for me. Aside that I really didn't have any issues with this place. It is a good place to stay and it is close to the major highway giving quick access to where you need to be.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Positives: central location; fantastic breakfast; good value.
Negatives: refurbished but still worn in places

All the Marriott properties we usually patronize in the Dallas area were booked over the Labor Day weekend, so we decided to try this location. Overall, we had a good stay.

Although the hotel is centrally located; in a sense it hides in plain sight. The building can be seen across open lots from Carpenter Freeway but it tends to blend into the background, as if it was camouflaged.

I'm not sure how long the property has been open but it's been updated to SpringHill Suites' fresh new look.

It seems a few things weren't changed during renovation. Our bed had an obviously used mattress, complete with dip on one side. Although 'seasoned', we slept well on it...better than many newer mattresses.

Inside and out the hotel was clean. However, a small red lizard managed to invade our bathroom. We saw it the last evening there but have no idea how long it had been in our room.

Our busy schedule kept us from enjoying the free breakfast until our last day. That was a mistake! This property serves one of the finest hotel breakfasts I've ever tried...free or paid. I commented aloud about the quality and variety of food and another guest replied "that's why I always stay here." The front desk confirmed a number of regular customers come because of breakfast.

Bottom Line:

Despite a few hiccups, we found this to be an excellent property, one we'll seek out first, rather than as a fallback when other properties are unavailable. Prices are reasonable, staff is professional, and the facility comfortable...even if it is a bit cumbersome to reach.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Pro: spacious rooms, great breakfast with everything from eggs to cereal. Friendly staff, very helpful. Good location to access freeways - located near DFW airport so quiet with mostly business travelers.
Many restaurants nearby as well.
Used as base point to travel and see the many great Art and historic sites in both nearby cities.

Con: - hotel room was a little older and floor/carpeting looked somewhat dirty.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hanklucas
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We needed a hotel with airport transportation. We got that and dinner transportation. Within a 3 mi radius they offered a ride for our family to a restaurant for dinner. The room was cozy for what we needed and the breakfast next morning was perfect for our needs. The staff was very welcoming and always willing to help.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank stixx3
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed for four nights, weekday breakfast has more and better choices for bresakfast. The place is quiet and very clean. Daily room service is exceptional, my room was fully cleaned each day. Biggest pest was the friendly bunny rabbits. We had a nice relaxing stay.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Kenmitche9
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 June 2013

In the $100-$200 category shared with Courtyards and others I rank this property very high. They were remodeling some (painting and new blinds that I saw) while I was there. I'm not sure if they'll be replacing the rugs which needed it as well. Otherwise I was impressed with a good TV system, an A/C unit that blasts cold air if you want it to (and the fan stays on all night just as I like it which helps me sleep and insures that you don't hear any hallway noise or noise from adjacent rooms - although overall it was pretty quiet), comfortable beds, a decent breakfast considering there's no additional charge, free WiFi, a good location, nice staff. The housekeeping staff could have been a little quieter and the toilet in my room had a strange bang when it flushed but this is really minor stuff obviously. There's free coffee in the lobby (which could be refreshed more throughout the day) and there's a coffeemaker in the room (check plus). The room decor is your basic level for this type of hotel which kind of grates on you after a while but it's better than paying more than twice the money for a downtown Dallas full service property. Nice touch with a free bottle of Scope in the bathroom. I'll be staying here again on my next trip.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business