SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport East/Las Colinas Irving
Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Farmington, Pennsylvania
“Great value and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

My friends and I stayed at this hotel for our annual final four trip. Specious rooms and well staffed personnel. Better than usual free continental breakfast. Great location, close to the airport , central Dallas and Fort Worth.
Free internet
Only criticism was that the TVs were slow to go on and change channels.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Last week I stayed at this Springhill Suites for two nights (a Thurs and Fri) while in the Dallas area for two business conferences. I generally prefer Marriott brands to collect points, and like the suite concept of these hotels so that I have a separate sitting area to eat a bite, watch tv, or work at a desk. I had a great rate at this hotel as well at just $89 per night plus tax.

The hotel was easy to find, and not far from DFW, where I flew in, but it was far enough away so that jet noise was not an issue. The interior walls were good as well - I didn't hear my neighbors while in the room.

The staff at this hotel that I interacted with were very focused on customer service and were all very friendly. They helped me with directions to area restaurants for dinner, and were very good at pointing out features of the hotel, including breakfast times, evening reception times, etc. Each and every staff member I met were focused on client service, and I appreciated it.

The room itself was fine. It seemed fairly standard for this hotel brand, and it suited me just fine. The bed linens and towels were clean, as was the room itself. I also used the hotel's fitness center. It was clean and usable as well.

If I'm back in the DFW area again, I'll try to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had not stayed at this location in a few years. We discovered that they did a renovation in 2013 and the hotel looks fresh and rejuvenated. The front desk staff has always been very friendly and always a good sign when you recognize people that had been there for many years. The breakfast is very good and a nice variety. They also have a small evening reception. It is a nice snack before you go out for a dinner. The shuttle to the airport runs 24 hours and they are no more than 15 minutes even when traffic is heavy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a shuttle to/from DFW Airport that leaves at the top of each hour (estimate 10 minutes to Terminal A and another 5-10 minutes for each additional terminal; e.g., 20-40 minutes to E, if the driver has to stop at all terminals for drop-offs and/or pick-ups)
The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the location was close to the office. There are not a ton of eating places within walking distance, but I think the shuttle can take you to local restaurants (but an not sure if they will pick you up for the return trip).
The breakfast buffet has a good selection, and usually seems to be well patronized.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed at this locations for 2 days and it was only 5 minutes away from where I needed to be. It is also 20 minutes from the Dallas Love Field airport and I believe there is a shuttle that goes to the DFW airport. It is in a quiet place which is great for getting sleep.

The room was sizable and had a mini kitchenette, a living room and bathroom. The staff was friendly I the free Chuppa Chops they had at the front desk :). Complimentary breakfast was served as part of the stay and although I didn't take part in it, it was a wide array of things to choose from.

The one issue I had with this hotel was that there was a strong smell in the hall way which did not really agree with me. I don't know if it came from them cleaning the carpet but it was overwhelming for me. Aside that I really didn't have any issues with this place. It is a good place to stay and it is close to the major highway giving quick access to where you need to be.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Moore, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Positives: central location; fantastic breakfast; good value.
Negatives: refurbished but still worn in places

All the Marriott properties we usually patronize in the Dallas area were booked over the Labor Day weekend, so we decided to try this location. Overall, we had a good stay.

Although the hotel is centrally located; in a sense it hides in plain sight. The building can be seen across open lots from Carpenter Freeway but it tends to blend into the background, as if it was camouflaged.

I'm not sure how long the property has been open but it's been updated to SpringHill Suites' fresh new look.

It seems a few things weren't changed during renovation. Our bed had an obviously used mattress, complete with dip on one side. Although 'seasoned', we slept well on it...better than many newer mattresses.

Inside and out the hotel was clean. However, a small red lizard managed to invade our bathroom. We saw it the last evening there but have no idea how long it had been in our room.

Our busy schedule kept us from enjoying the free breakfast until our last day. That was a mistake! This property serves one of the finest hotel breakfasts I've ever tried...free or paid. I commented aloud about the quality and variety of food and another guest replied "that's why I always stay here." The front desk confirmed a number of regular customers come because of breakfast.

Bottom Line:

Despite a few hiccups, we found this to be an excellent property, one we'll seek out first, rather than as a fallback when other properties are unavailable. Prices are reasonable, staff is professional, and the facility comfortable...even if it is a bit cumbersome to reach.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Pro: spacious rooms, great breakfast with everything from eggs to cereal. Friendly staff, very helpful. Good location to access freeways - located near DFW airport so quiet with mostly business travelers.
Many restaurants nearby as well.
Used as base point to travel and see the many great Art and historic sites in both nearby cities.

Con: - hotel room was a little older and floor/carpeting looked somewhat dirty.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple