“Eh. You can do better close to the airport.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport

Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Austin, Texas
“Eh. You can do better close to the airport.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Stayed here one night before catching a morning flight the next day. The front desk staff on check-in and check-out were unimpressive. The luggage carts were "flimsy". The free breakfast was not very good, either. On the other hand, the room was clean and spacious - the bed was pretty comfortable and the bathroom was ok. The free wifi was a little on the slow side, but it worked ok. They had a pool and workout facility I didn't use. Small hotel. The price was right, though.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank emandj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fontana, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

We flew in on a redeye and the front desk staff were great at getting us an early check-in so we could get some rest. Unfortunately, the room was located next to an outside a/c unit that was a little loud throughout our stay. We had a minor problem with the closet door that was taken care of quickly. Otherwise, we enjoyed our two night stay at this property and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from 103, it has an a/c unit next to it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here over a weekend when we attended a nearby Steel Guitar Festival. We were impressed by the large room, and appreciated the free hot breakfast which was better than what some chains typically provide. The bed had lots of pillows - important to me because of back and leg problems. We thought the indoor pool and jacuzzi looked good, though we didn't partake. Also the fitness room, though small, had high-quality equipment available. Finally, the price was very reasonable. All in all, we thought the quality of the accommodations was relatively high and the price was relatively low. That makes it a winner.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Suffolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

When flying out of Dallas, Tx this hotel is just the job! Two bed room suite, kitchenette, 2 bathrooms and living/dining room, perfect for a family with children, or two couples. The hotel offers a shuttle to restaurants in the local area, and even to the huge Grapevine shopping mall!! Friendly and very helpful staff. Not the best selection at the buffet breakfast, but plenty of it. A definate favourite whenever in Dallas from now on!!

Room Tip: Make use of the free hotel shuttle to local restaurants and malls!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

My family and I stayed here while in town for a conference at another hotel. The room was beautiful, and we had a welcome letter and gift waiting for us when we arrived. The bed helped us sleep like we were at home, and this particular hotel even served a complimentary breakfast and dinner! The shuttle service was there for us every time we needed it. I will for sure be staying at this chain again!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Georgetown, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

Stayed here right before the New Year before flying back to Chicago. Checked in our room and the first thing I noticed was that the closet door was off its track and the wheel was busted. It was just hanging there and I was afraid that it would fall and shatter the mirror on the door. To make matters worse the double toilet paper holder was falling off the wall, the same with the hairdryer - just hanging on a screw into drywall - and the toilet seat was broken. I can see maybe one thing being broken and overlooked, but don't they have maintenance at this hotel? Doesn't housekeeping report these things to maintenance? Left a very poor impression.

Room Tip: Book a room at a hotel at one of the many choices in the same area.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

This hotel is nice, but the service wasn't great (and I am really not that picky). When I arrived at DFW airport, I called the hotel for pick up and was told immediately that my room wasn't ready. I was subsequently picked up by a woman who didn't even bother to get out of the van to help open the door (they are always tricky on those vans), get the luggage, etc. Then we drove around for about 15 minutes to find another passenger, and finally got to the hotel. At the hotel the woman just jumped out of the van and disappeared, leaving me to get the back door of the van open and pull out my luggage. When I got to the desk, I was again told that my room wasn't ready-surprise, by the same woman who had driven the van! The other man at the desk was friendly, but throughout my stay it was difficult to get someone to come to the front desk for assistance. I experienced the same problem that others have reported-for my return trip to the airport I needed to leave the hotel at 5:30am and they did not have a shuttle at that time. They were able to arrange a shuttle pick up with their "sister" hotel, so it did work out, and the shuttle driver from the other hotel was friendly, very helpful, and got a big tip from me. Otherwise, the room was nice, clean, the evening "reception" was nice to have included (especially the wine!) and the in-room wireless internet was convenient. I would have rated this hotel at 5 stars but did not because of the service.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,031 reviews
Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
BEST WESTERN PLUS DFW Airport Suites
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport? Share your experiences!