“Slight Hoarding Problem.”

Jefferson Street Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Irving B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our room (The Tree Room) was clean quite and the bed was wonderful however, her continental breakfast is in a cluttered laundry room with no dining table but lots of old boxes,packaged muffins and cereal from a dirty dispenser. The outside hallways were stacked with old tvs, refrigerators, old chairs and lots of boxes and clutter. My daughter and her husband's room actually had storage in boxes in their room.
Too bad because I would stay here again otherwise.....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Leigh1956

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I really loved staying here! My boyfriend and I were in town for a baseball game and we wanted to avoid the big chain hotels. We stayed in the Tree Suite and the owner, Lee, was very sweet and accommodating. The room was spacious with a comfortable bed and hot tub in it. We especially loved how quiet the neighborhood is. We will be back!

Room Tip: The Tree Suite is great!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelissaK79
Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you're seeking a quiet environment, elegant accommodations, and basic amenities, Jefferson Street B&B may be the lodging choice for you. This B&B is located in a quiet residential area in Irving just south of TH183 and west of 12 loop. I was able to get to Uptown and West End very easily and within 15 minutes. I didn't hear any traffic, loud car stereos or noisy neighbors. I stayed in the French room which is spacious, adorned with beautiful antique furniture and has a very comfortable bed! I felt like I was floating on a cloud...seriously. The bathroom is also elegantly decorated and brightly lit with both a skylight as well as recessed lighting. Breakfast was modest, but plentiful. Amenities include free wi-fi and use of a laptop computer and printer. This came in handy when I checked in online for my flight and printed my boarding passes. The owner, Lee is very friendly and accommodating. Just let her know what you need. I highly recommend this B&B if you're looking to avoid the mega hotel chains.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The owner is a sweet lady who made a delightful place for my wife and I to stay. We went here for our honeymoon and immediately were happy with our choice. The Gulf Coast room had a wonderful layout in the bathroom and bedroom which just made it feel homey. The food was great and served at our door! It was beautifully presented as well. The location wasn't what I had expected, but it ended up being a good thing as we were within walking distance from a park and several local small restaurants. My wife and I gladly would stay here again, and we recommend the Jefferson St Inn to anyone.

Room Tip: Look at the pictures and talk to the owners.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My 18yo son, my brother, his wife, their daughter, and I stayed in the cottage while attending the NCAA Men's Final Four from April 3 - 8. It was a much better and much more reasonably-priced option than a hotel room or two. The beds in both bedrooms were comfortable as was the day bed. (I cant speak for the sofa bed b/c I didnt ever sleep on it). Both bathrooms were larger than in a hotel and very clean. In fact, the entire place was very clean. We all enjoyed the benefits of the extra space and having a full kitchen at our disposal. The location was convenient for our travels back and forth from the events in downtown Dallas to the games in Arlington whether we travelled by car or TRE. The neighborhood was safe and within walking distance to shops, restaurants, and the TRE station. I met one of the owners, Lee, who was extremely helpful answering questions and offering suggestions. The only reason the Service rating is "Very Good" instead of "Excellent" is because the "breakfast" part of "bed and breakfast" is not what is expected of a b&b or even that of a typical hotel continental breakfast. This does not mean the breakfast (consisting of a variety of cold cereals, fruit, bread to make toast, juice and coffee) was unsatisfactory, but rather that it was not what is usuallly associated with a b&b. Overall, our stay was terrific. I would definitely stay at the Jefferson St Bed and Breakfast again, and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CoachSteve001
TopTexasHotel, Manager at Jefferson Street Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for finding and choosing to stay at the Jefferson Street Bed and Breakfast. We can’t afford a billion dollar advertising budget like ‘big box hotels’ so unfortunately we remain unknown to most potential guests. However, the folks who find us are glad they did! We offer unique accommodations that are very clean, comfortable and quiet.
We offer complimentary breakfast, food, snacks and bottled water 24-hours per day. And we offer the traditional full breakfast. The full hot breakfast is ordered and priced separately because we found that many people are in town to visit and eat with friends, families, or business associates. That being said, many people did not want to eat an elaborate breakfast because they wanted to rush to other events planned for their day.
Many cafes and restaurants in the area offer Texas BBQ, Southern food, gourmet, healthy choices, or diet restricted food. Villas Grill and Glory House just 4 blocks from here offer some of the best food on the planet!!! Our guests have options to eat a light breakfast here and then to indulge at the places they visit. Or they have to option to indulge here for breakfast. It is totally the guest’s choice.
We are a hidden treasure here in Irving Texas just 2 miles from the entrance to the City of Dallas, ten miles from Cowboys stadium and 30 miles from Ft Worth. DART public transit that can be accessed just steps away from our door and that makes our place very convenient to the world. The TRE (Trinity Railway Express) that runs between Dallas and Ft. Worth has a transit station that is a 15-minute walk from here. A regional ticket includes TRE, the DART (Dallas area) and the T (Ft. Worth area) transit system.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Had a very nice week long stay and plan to come again in April for the weekend. Owner is very accessible and friendly. Room was spacious, clean, and comfy. The bathroom was handicapped accessible and had lovely heated tile floors. The king size bed was incredibly comfy with a great mattress.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2014

What can I say about Jefferson Street B&B, other than AMAZING!

My boyfriend and I were in town for a game and chose to find a B&B rather than a hotel. We could not have been happier with our decision and will always return to Jefferson Street anytime we are in the area. The pictures and their website really don't do the place justice. The place is beautiful and has a quiet, cozy feel to it. Lee greeted us shortly after our arrival to see if we needed anything and if everything was ok with our room. Everything was perfect! I highly recommend staying with Lee & Tom at the Jefferson Street B&B anytime you plan to be in the Irving (Dallas) area! See you again in the future! Kat

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with Jacuzzi tub. However, they have an amazing Jacuzzi outside in the back of...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple