“Secluded Getaway Close to Dallas”

Jefferson Street Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Irving B&B and Inns
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Secluded Getaway Close to Dallas”
Reviewed 11 October 2010

My girlfriend and I visited for a weekend and were very impressed with the service and friendliness of the staff, as well as the very nice room. We hope to return soon.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
austin
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Dallas isnt a city of: great place to visit, but you wouldnt want to live there. Rather I dont want to visit either. It is a stressful place, with stressful traffic and expensive pretensions. That being said, business does take me there from time to time. I always search for the closest lodging possible. Business took me to Irving. Few lodging possibilities beyond the Motel 6 arrangment. I found online the Jefferson St B&B nestled in a quaint old Iriving neighborhood. What a gem. Large and comfortable rooms well appointed, well decorated and totally GREEN with special A/C and water heating systems, low VOC paints etc. A No Smoking policy certainly aids in the quality of your stay. Although breakfast is available for an additional fee, I didnt utilize it and visited the nearby Joes Coffee Shop. Only two issues: 1. There wasnt anyone on site. Should not be a problem if someone answered one of the 4 telephone numbers. Messages left were not returned. I finally reached someone who at first didnt know what I was talking about, but was pleasant. 2. This is purely esthetics, but with the nice antiques and other decorations, a large fake plant is not necessary and only collects dust. Other than these two issues, I offer no further complaints. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and if I was forced to live in Dallas, I can see Irving as a place to be. Easy access to downtown.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Dallas
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I found this diamond in the rough, Jefferson Street Bed & Breakfast, a few years ago when planning a quick "staycation" with my husband. I've been to many B&B's across the US, but this is my #1 favorite. The area where this little slice of heaven is located did not capture my attention although it is convenient to so many venues in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area; it was the charming little rooms and affordable price. The rooms are outstanding and the service is beyond compare. The innkeepers think of everything and are the most accommodating of any establishment I've ever visited. They also serve the most delicious breakfast and deliver it to your room at the time you arrange! We always order the breakfast and have never been disappointed with anything about our stay at this B&B. It's by far the best kept secret in Texas!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Peoria, IL
Reviewed 11 April 2010

My husband and I escaped without our kids from Illinois to Texas and booked our 3 nights in the Hill Suites. We had a big, clean, comfortable room with extra space to spread out on the extra table, sofa & chairs. The breakfasts were tasty and prompt at the times we requested. The check-in couldn't have been smoother and our GPS took us right to the front door! Glad we had seen pictures, as I don't recall a sign out front (probably fine for safety reasons). Fair price for a nice room, total temperature controls, and a refrigerator available in the utility rom for chilling the wine we picked up in Grapevine! Thanks Tom & Lee for a nice couples getaway!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Amarillo
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Heated bathroom floors were FABULOUS! Stayed in Hill Country Suite - very roomy. We had multiple rooms. Enjoyed the private setting for our family get togetheer.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Round Rock, TX
Reviewed 24 January 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed for one night in the Tree Room - it was clean, well kept, and all around great. The B&B is located about 6 blocks from the TRE station, which makes getting in to Dallas or Ft. Worth a breeze. Also, breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Nebraska
Reviewed 8 January 2010

We traveled to the Big 12 championship game and stayed in this delightful place. Location in a modest well kept neighborhood was centrally located and an easy 10-15 minute drive on side streets to the new Cowboys stadium.

We will definitely stay here anytime we have the opportunity to travel again to Dallas.

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Downtown Dallas
Omni Dallas Hotel
Omni Dallas Hotel
#5 of 203 in Dallas

Been to Jefferson Street Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!