“Left Stranded”

Ranked #16 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Australia
“Left Stranded”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My review starts with my booking. I called the hotel from overseas to ask how the airport shuttle worked and he sId once i have my baggage call the hotel and they would send someone to pick us up. Arrived after a very long trip and collected our baggage and called the hotel. I was then told to go downstairs and find gate 24. We were at gate 15 with 5 bags and only an escalator to get to ground floor and it was 200m too the pickup point. No one their to pick us up so called hotel again and was told 10 min. Waited 20 min and still no pick up and in the mean time dozens of passengers arrived and all milled around not knowing who was to pick them up. I called hotel again and was told 5 min. Eventually the bus arrived however it wasn't just a best western bus it was a bus for 6 hotels. So it was a mad grab for the few last seats available , only a 12 seater bus, and we had to pack our own bags into a space big enough for only 8 bags total. We crammed into the bus and set off for the hotel. The driver just dumped the bags on the ground and stood waiting fir a tip. A very disappointing start to our trip and sullied our opinion of best wester. Either get your own bus or make the suppliers of the bus get a bigger one and come more often. Hotel is clean and staff are friendly but hotel is next to major hwy and is very noisy from 0500 in the morning

Room Tip: If you are staying for 2 days hire a car a taxi fares are horrendous
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
MehulDFW, Owner at Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear GrahamFamily2010,

I appreciate your feedback & apologize for your experience both at the airport as well as shuttle trip to our Hotel.

We outsource our airport shuttle service to a third party & have passed on your feedback so they can remedy the situation. It is not the type of experience that we endeavor to provide to our valuable guests. Regards.

Mehul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kunming, China
Reviewed 3 November 2013

There are dozens of these small, nondescript motels within a few miles of each other, all serving travelers who need to spend a night in transit. This one looked fairly new.

Noisy window unit air conditioner; had to shut it off to sleep. The room was large and had a sitting area with sofa plus a microwave and fridge. A satisfactory simple breakfast was included.

Not near any restaurants or stores except for a Shell gas station that had a Whataburger and convenience store inside. I had a car, so it didn't matter.

Front desk clerk was busy with a long personal call when I checked in about 7 p.m. Had to wait for him to finish. No other staff to be seen.

Nothing really to distinguish this place. I bid on Priceline and got it cheap, which would be be a sound approach to lodging in this area since supply exceeds demand.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
MehulDFW, Owner at Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear ZhongguoKM,

We appreciate your business as well as your feedback.

Our Property will be undergoing renovations in the coming months that will replace all guest suite air conditioning units amongst other major updates.

That said, I apologize for the behavior of our front desk clerk. This is unacceptable and an item that will be remedied. We hope to see you on your next visit to the DFW area. Regards.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed here because I had an overnight layover in Dallas. I was very pleased with this hotel. The staff at the hotel were very nice; they even called to make sure everything in the room was ok. Since there weren't many restaurants within walking distance, the person at the desk provided me with some menus of places that would deliver right to your room. I also thought it was very clean and liked the layout of the room. If I have to stay over in Dallas again at some point in the future, I would be very happy to stay here again. The breakfast was pretty good also (some hot items), and the airport shuttle was a nice convenience to have.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2013

the staff at the hotel were very accomadating when i returned my Car Rental. told me how to get the car rental and how to return back to the hotel via the airport. the best part - FREE !! as i left the hotel, the staff also gave me contact number in case something went wrong. great staff and the help i received.

Qingdao, China
Reviewed 7 October 2013

the plus nearby airport is a nice choice to transmit at DFW airport. Reasonable price with so many offers. good sleep and activities. Avail of the stay, I enjoiyed with swimming pool, fitness, and free internet. only defects is no meals service out of work time, need to call from burge king etc. in general this hotel is extremely good for business transit or even conference.

Odessa, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The room wasn't too bad for the rate. Great location and clean. Only problem I had was my key wouldn't work and front desk attendant had me go back and forth trying different ones. After I got upset then he went to try it and said "Oh, I'm sorry its broken. Let me just open it with my key.." Very frustrating.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This hotel is close to the airport and the rooms are clean. The staff is efficient and helpful, but the pillows are tough and uncomfortable. I guess it's good enough value for the money, but I don't think I'd stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MehulDFW, Owner at Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Corinne S,

We appreciate your kind words regarding our cleanliness & staff; they take pride in their work.

Regarding the facility, we will be commencing renovations here within the next 30 days in the guest rooms as well as common areas. Guest room furnishings such as pillows will be a part of our upgrades.

We hope to see you again during your next trip to the DFW area. Regards.

Mehul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport
Comfort Suites DFW Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport

Been to Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites? Share your experiences!