“over-hyped pizza” 3 of 5 bubbles

I Fratelli
Ranked #12 of 572 Restaurants in Irving
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Plano, Texas
“over-hyped pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Mu husband and I dined here last evening. The Caesar salad was very fresh and had light dressing as requested, the Italian bread piping hot to go with it. We ordered a large pizza; the size looked more like a medium when it arrived. The waitress was told light on the green peppers, which obviously wasn't the case on our pizza. It was okay, but not what I expected given the rave reviews I've read. Guess I'm spoiled and much prefer brick oven pizza - and this is no comparison!
Extensive, albeit overpriced, wine menu. We did order a bottle of Italian pinot grigio which rounded out our meal.
Thin crust pizza and overpriced menu - if that's what you're looking for look no further.
I doubt that we'll be returning.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Coppell, Texas
“Amore!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Great crab claws dripping in butter and garlic! Wonderful service for some of the best Italian food you will ever eat! Be sure to try the house salad, hot rolls with butter, chicken piccata is my favorite, my family eats parmesan chicken, lasagna, and pizza. Best think crust pizza in the world!

• Visited February 2014
Irving, Texas
“Best Pizza in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Everything they serve is awesome but this is positively the BEST pizza in the World. The sauce is perfect and if you like thin crust, it is the best. We frequent the Pick up & Delivery on Mac Arthur very often for their Pizza also.

• Visited October 2013
Irving, Texas
“Great thin crust pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I've been a long time fan of I Fratelli and they are always my first choice for quality pizza delivered in the DFW metroplex. Love the fresh ingredients and think crispy crust. They make pizza the "old school" way.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank gatordave007
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Wonderful WIne Bar with Great Atmosphere and Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Wonderful WIne Bar with Great Atmosphere and Food!
I visited this unassuming Italian WIne Bar with a client and the service was excellent the ambiance was spot-on. I would really recommend this place for dinner too and the small 'sharing plates' were not small and ideal to sample their food - Prime Rib was probably the best I've ever tasted! Will be back for sure!

• Visited October 2013