“Good place for the night before a flight.”

Quality Inn DFW-Airport
Ranked #63 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Lake Alfred, Florida
“Good place for the night before a flight.”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Checked in about 8 pm. Had 6 am flight the next day. Room was okay and clean. Not to roomy but we were only there to sleep. Left at 3:30 am (coffee and breakfast items already available), dropped rental car off and grabbed rental car shuttle to the airport. Everything went smooth without a hitch.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
McAlester, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Queen bed was comfortable. Bath towels were soft. Shower was nicely warm. Complimentary breakfast had an assortment of hot and cold items. Room had complete kitchenette. All lights worked.
Several things kept me from rating this above average. Window on my ground floor room would not lock. Bathroom sink, which was separate from bathroom itself, had no towel rack. Room lighting was insufficient for comfortable reading except in bathroom.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Benton
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Well... We stayed and shuttled over for cancun in the morning all went well until it was time to come home. The shuttle time was told it was going to be 15 minutes and an hour later we caught a cab for the 7 of us for 50$ when we arrived at the hotel I asked what happened to 15 minutes and pretty much the reply was they picked up 2 others first even tho we called first. So I told him you shouldn't say 15 minutes if it's going to be an hour. He then proceeded to tell me " are u going to book a room or what or we just gonna sit here and argue " some customer service I tell you !!! The young lady with him did take off 10$ of our room. But, never an apology from the jerk with her so I'm thinking they need an inservice on customer service for some !!!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank JlaRissa
Brookston
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I do not know where the 5 stars come into the equation when rating this hotel... The good things might be that it appeared to have clean sheets and clean towels. The bad things are, plaster falling off of bathroom wall, no microwave, curtains had been burnt, 2 washers, 1 dryer. And directly in the flight path of DFW. If you plan on sleeping, do not get a room here. Working nights, sleeping days, did not work out for me. It smelled musty and room was just not comfortable for myself to walk around in just socks. Front lobby appearance is nice, but don't let it fool you. Printer in the business area doesn't work and the breakfast was nothing to write home about. Rating a 3 would be generous, so it gets a 2.. Security latch on my room door was missing and outside keypad doesn't work, which means anyone can enter the building.. However it is a pet friendly building, as I kept getting ran over by dogs, by pet owners that can't control them.. Not a good feeling.. To many animals left to run the halls..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mgwds1
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel last minute. Based on the location and price its already a steal and the hotel is updated, well kept, CLEAN, and comes with a good breakfast. Also I couldnt find the shuttle area so the shuttle actually told me to stay where I was and they would come find me. 5 star service

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank SMR8
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel quite a few times and each time I have been treated with courtesy and appreciation. The reason I frequent this hotel is mainly due to cleanliness and customer service. The rooms are also a great deal for the price paid. One staff member in particular, George, bent over backwards to accommodate me when the hotel ran out of non-smoking rooms. I was over-whelmed with kindness from this staff! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Valeree B
Houston
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I booked this hotel for my husband and I from 3/9/2014 through 3/12/2014. I booked it over the phone with a young lady named Sadaf who was extremely nice. She gave me a discount because I was staying more than 3 nights so I was extremely grateful and happy for that. When we pulled up to the property we noticed that the parking lot was almost full but we still found a place to park that day. Check-in was smooth but the girl that checked us in wasn't very friendly. When we entered the room I was pleasantly surprised. It was extremely clean and it had the kitchenette that I requested.The beds were extremely comfortable and I had a great nights sleep every night we were there considering the fact that it is right by DFW airport. The only problem we had was not having anywhere to park when we would leave after 5pm and come back to the hotel. Most of the cars there were from people who had left there cars there days at time while they flew out of town. When I approached the front desk about the situation they weren't concerned about me not having anywhere to park even though they had charged me for my stay there. This really struck a nerve with me and from that point on I knew I would NEVER stay at this hotel again. We ended up parking across the street in Denny's parking lot for the remainder of our stay with the risk of our car being towed. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone because all they really care about is getting your money. The only other positive thing about this hotel was the complimentary breakfast from 6am-9:30am. It was great. If you plan on visiting North Dallas and staying in Irving please look for another hotel!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple